AstraZeneca vaccine

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had mine today (AstraZeneca). BG was 5.5 directly before (3.45) and is 5.6 now, having eaten as well. So no apparent impact on my BG. No other reactions, not even a sore arm.

Tomorrow may not be as good as far as sore arm etc is concerned.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Very pleased to be having the vaccine today! I have been working throughout so it will be very nice to have some protection and be a little less fearful. I am not a key worker unless you count my household.

Amazing work by the government getting this ridiculously difficult job done, well done to all the staff and volunteers as always.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You are all so lucky, glad to hear you all getting your covid jabs, here in France the 75 plus are getting their jabs and the under 65 yrs starting next week, us 65 to 75 year old are having to wait a little while longer as over 65 year olds can't have the astra zenica jab

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had mine 10 days ago, (Oxford) just felt a small tingle when jab went in but little else. Did feel a little queasy the next day and I had a little bit of a toothpick headache that evening but a I get them anyway so I couldn't put it down to the jab. I was on anti biotics at the time of my injection which I finished around a week ago - since then I have had some really rotten, more like tension headaches, not sure if these are related to the jab or not. I did wonder if the anti biotics could have caused some sort of delayed reaction. The other thing is that since finishing the anti biotics I have been really tired, totally fatigued in fact. My hubby is saying the same, plus I was talking to a friend on the phone this morning - she had her Covid jab 3 weeks ago and remarked how tired she still was so I think fatigue is something to watch out for.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can’t blame them for the bad stuff unless they get credit for the good :)

They haven't done much right.

Well we must be blessed that this time they went for the NHS rather than Serco.... I doubt they have learnt any lessons though.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Both OH and I had AZ vaccination last week - I had a sore arm for couple of days but he was ok. My B-in-L also had the AZ jab and said he felt very tired for a couple of days afterwards.

Geminigirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spicy food
I'm T2, struggling with my numbers a bit and also have a hereditary blood condition.
I was glad to have my 1st Astra Zenica jab today.

My main worry is if my numbers shoot up due to the jab.... how to get them down. I am low carbing and I take 3mg of Glimeperimide a day. Apart from drinking lots of water and getting walks in there's not much else I can do really.

I am expecting similar side effects to the Flu jab (fingers crossed) but it doesn't help that my "friends" are telling me side effect horror stories which almost made me decide against! My hubby pointed out I can't possibly feel as bad as getting Covid!

If you're on a forum, or you ask, fair enough, but when you're not....and you haven't it's a worry. Especially when you suffer from Anxiety like me.

I am trying to be positive though. my target is to be able to meet my newborn Great Grandson Archie in the summer. ❤❤❤

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My blood sugar went down the day I had the Oxford AZ vaccine, then rose for the following 2 days, and then back to normal, so if your levels go up, it will hopefully just be a couple of days, which can happen at any time for many reasons. Apart from that just had shivers on the day, which paracetamol soon sorted out. Lots of people aren't having any side effects, so try to ignore the scare mongers.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m sure we only hear about the worst side effects, nothing interesting about no symptoms, I had mine yesterday lunchtime (Pfizer) and my only symptom is feeling like I’ve been punched in my arm.

xenomorph2020

seems like more people that had AZ vaccine had things like headaches and feeling cold etc
so maybe the side effects are less on the Phizer vaccine.

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
seems like more people that had AZ vaccine had things like headaches and feeling cold etc
so maybe the side effects are less on the Phizer vaccine.
I think it is way too soon to tell. Looking at all info so far on all three vaccines in common use (Pfizer, Oxford AZ and Moderna) across UK/USA show no predictable trends re who has significant initial side effects versus who doesn't. For those who have had COVID prior to 1st vaccination, or for anyone receiving 2nd vaccine dose, it is relatively common to have a day or two of strong reactions - just shows an obvious immune response. Conversely no observable reactions doesn't indicate a poor immune response - this is very specific to each individual - only an antibody test can be informative.

Shahnaz2357

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You all are lucky to get either of the two Pfizer or Oxford AZ vaccines. Here in Pakistan our government has only just started a fortnight ago a program for offering a Chinese vaccine to the health workers.
I wonder when we the more vulnerable ones with diabetes over 65 years get it.

jenrose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
very cold and very hot weather
I had two letters saying I could go and have vaccination at a centre but it was for the the Pfizer vaccine and as have had severe reaction to medicines and have chemical sensitivy as well so decided to wait to have the Oxford one at my surgery. The surgery rang me and the receptionist said she would put me down to have it there when the vaccine arrives so am still waiting. I am 70 so am hoping it will be not too long before I have it. Really felt like between a rock and hard with the decision.

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’ve had the Pfizer vaccine today, sore arm but apart from that no reactions at all. Bloods have stayed stable all day with no raises. Although my arm is sore I still managed to go to the gym so not that bad.

Reactions: Hopeful34