What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.6 yesterday and 4.8 today

my technology is going through a strange patch :hilarious: First my desktop computer lost connection to it's storage drives, I think I must have knocked one of the power leads when I cleaned it's insides the other day :sorry: All fixed now though ;)
and I had to buy a new phone because my existing 10 year old phone is failing and keeps telling me it has 'no space' despite having stripped everything off it I could. New phone needs a different sim card size (Of course it does :sorry: ) First one ordered never arrived, second one arrived today and may take 24 hours to switch my number , big sigh!

Mostly life is fine though :D it's mild and windy again and mr gee and I pruned (or hacked ;)) a big rose bush today and got a walk in too :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - love the owl, very impressive, always a favourite with me, (it used to be my school emblem :)), and I like the delicately rendered foliage. Also a very fine and feisty crow today ;)
Your beach looks lovely if a bit windswept ;)

@SlimLizzy - hugs, not ideal for either of you.

@gennepher - lovely deserted beach painting, the water and reflected colour has worked particularly well. Glad Popeye is cooperating in the creativity :) Fantastic dark and austere house in today's painting, very atmospheric :)

My grandfather could never understand why my 8 year old brother would always win when they played cards until my sister pointed out you could read grandad's cards reflected in his glasses :hilarious:

@Muddy Cyclist - Fantastic oak tree by that stile, just invites you to step up and over the stile into the world and to explore :joyful:

I also like that heathland very much, the sky and the colours you have brought to the heathland are lovely :)
I'm looking forward to the stormy seascapes, I always learn so much from your work.

My tax code has been out every year for the past 4 years, fortunately it's been on the right side and I've got a small refund each time, I'd rather that than an unexpected big bill I think :sorry:

art bit -
just trying a winter scene again based on snowy mountain paintings seen on the net.
View attachment 47613
We have all become computer experts haven't we!

Thank you @geefull Popeye has been involved in some creativity in my paintings!

Your 8 year old brother was a wily one! Using the reflections in grandfather's glasses to read his playing cards! I use reflected glass a lot for lipreading conversations to help me (and those I should not...)...

That is one beautiful effective snowy mountain painting. It is brilliant!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1

Cat is totally behaving. I keep checking he is okay. He looks okay. He chose to spend last night under the soles of my feet in bed. Tickling the soles of my feet all night with his fur and whiskers, and wet nose when he took himself off for a drink of water in the night...He had crawled under the duvet. Normally he sleeps under my chin. All night. But I wanted a different sleeping position last night to get some good sleep. And he sulks when I do that because he cannot get under my chin. So I presume the sleeping under the soles of my feet (which he has never ever done in his life before), is a sulking attitude? He is not talking to me this morning. So, how long will it be before he is friends again with me?

At least I got a painting done on my iPad in peace this morning. An old oak tree...

4069713B-6FDE-4297-8590-A392AA341E45.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First Sunday in Lent was greeted by a 4.9 on Swipey @5.31. Six years ago I would have been delighted with my bg control, weight and most other data. Six months ago I would have felt as I do today. This is sub optimal and eerily like Spurs post Poch. I've basically rejected all but a very narrow diet - read mackerel/salmon and avo salad and Skinny Bread. I am really only content with a tiny range of "acceptable" outcomes for now. All very unrewarding but maybe the monstrous lies about me being stubborn have a tiny grain of truth:angelic: All Buckingham Nicks in my head. Landslide versus Never going back again? Great art @geefull @gennepher (with or without Popeye's help) - think I tagged @dunelm and @Muddy Cyclist's last seen efforts . Have a safe day. Remember Cheltenham Festival starts March 16th - spread it about:angelic: Toodle pip
Edit: Keto chocolate day as it is Sunday:woot::woot::woot:

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from fair to middling start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roasted vegetables topped with bacon and melted cheese came in at 5.0 this am

Youngest granddaughter - the bubbled one, was with us yesterday - don’t forget the tiny penguin comfort blanket as she won’t have a kip without it. Another letter from those nice folk at the NHS inviting me to book myself in for drops in the eye and an all day startled look - “are you Roy Orbison?”

@Muddy Cyclist - looking forward to your finished painting - as Gennepher says, first part is a good stand alone in iteslf.
@geefull - than you for your kind comments - another stonking winter landscape from you - top banana.
@gennepher - Stunning stunted tree against that brilliant light.

Stone the crows - I painted a fish yesterday but it came out looking like something that fish had evolved from - must have been it’s slippery scales - too much to handle. So - crow. Hope everyone has a superb Sunday, I am off for some koffy.

upload_2021-2-21_8-22-59.jpeg

Reactions: SlimLizzy

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Russel looks bootiful Bor, @dunelm. For those who haven't done something equally amazing yet here's Billy. The Penguin book of pretentious quotes for very Z listers says Carpe Diem. This seems altogether more in tune with the spirit of these clown's New Golden Age:arghh: Just reliving my salad days . Who knows, Dan Fogleberg or Joe Vitale (not the author) may be next. When we get to the All Night Laundry Mat Blues (Joe Walsh) take the bottle away from me, put me to bed and I won't be at nets tomorrow:)

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 yesterday and 4.8 today

my technology is going through a strange patch :hilarious: First my desktop computer lost connection to it's storage drives, I think I must have knocked one of the power leads when I cleaned it's insides the other day :sorry: All fixed now though ;)
and I had to buy a new phone because my existing 10 year old phone is failing and keeps telling me it has 'no space' despite having stripped everything off it I could. New phone needs a different sim card size (Of course it does :sorry: ) First one ordered never arrived, second one arrived today and may take 24 hours to switch my number , big sigh!

Mostly life is fine though :D it's mild and windy again and mr gee and I pruned (or hacked ;)) a big rose bush today and got a walk in too :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - love the owl, very impressive, always a favourite with me, (it used to be my school emblem :)), and I like the delicately rendered foliage. Also a very fine and feisty crow today ;)
Your beach looks lovely if a bit windswept ;)

@SlimLizzy - hugs, not ideal for either of you.

@gennepher - lovely deserted beach painting, the water and reflected colour has worked particularly well. Glad Popeye is cooperating in the creativity :) Fantastic dark and austere house in today's painting, very atmospheric :)

My grandfather could never understand why my 8 year old brother would always win when they played cards until my sister pointed out you could read grandad's cards reflected in his glasses :hilarious:

@Muddy Cyclist - Fantastic oak tree by that stile, just invites you to step up and over the stile into the world and to explore :joyful:

I also like that heathland very much, the sky and the colours you have brought to the heathland are lovely :)
I'm looking forward to the stormy seascapes, I always learn so much from your work.

My tax code has been out every year for the past 4 years, fortunately it's been on the right side and I've got a small refund each time, I'd rather that than an unexpected big bill I think :sorry:

art bit -
just trying a winter scene again based on snowy mountain paintings seen on the net.
View attachment 47613
Thank you.

Those are a grand range of Mountains, I think the way you have painted the snow and the shadowy blues are so well seen and give power and magnitude to the whole landscape with tree tops giving the distance and proportion, brilliant.

Rose bushes! I can never prune them without being attacked no matter how I cover up, hope you didn't draw blood.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.1

Cat is totally behaving. I keep checking he is okay. He looks okay. He chose to spend last night under the soles of my feet in bed. Tickling the soles of my feet all night with his fur and whiskers, and wet nose when he took himself off for a drink of water in the night...He had crawled under the duvet. Normally he sleeps under my chin. All night. But I wanted a different sleeping position last night to get some good sleep. And he sulks when I do that because he cannot get under my chin. So I presume the sleeping under the soles of my feet (which he has never ever done in his life before), is a sulking attitude? He is not talking to me this morning. So, how long will it be before he is friends again with me?

At least I got a painting done on my iPad in peace this morning. An old oak tree...

View attachment 47614
A strong and yet strangely elegant Oak stood out against such a promising bright day. I don't know why but the very first impression I had in my minds eye was of a Male Ballet dancer in a powerful graceful but powerful beckoning movement from stage left, a wonderful choreographed piece.

Are you two artists back on speaking terms?:)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 5.8 this morning on that scheming meter of mystery and misbehaving.

Me and me's are not sure about today, yesterday and or tomorrow or the weather. Me are me's are very lucky that we have Mrs J to provide illumination on the unplanned day.

Whatever today is or will be, have a great day.
Stay well, stay safe and today is not a good day for chasing the postman on his bicycle.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Relaxing with a coffee and reading.

Had to share this with you because I found it really funny. OK - I do have a weird sense of humour so it probably not funny at all. Probably it is more sad than funny.

A You Tube video popped up on Facebook which intrigued me. Apparently T2 diabetes is not caused by eating carbs and sugar it is caused by eating Kale. Who knew kale was so dangerous!

You can reverse it in 2 weeks by not eating Kale and you can eat absolutely all the carbs and sugar you want and be diabetes free.

Of course you also have to purchase an online book which tells you what green veggies you must juice and in which combinations at specific times of the day to completely reverse T2D.

Although I found it funny it was also interesting to see how they tried to present the fake facts as true.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from fair to middling start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roasted vegetables topped with bacon and melted cheese came in at 5.0 this am

Youngest granddaughter - the bubbled one, was with us yesterday - don’t forget the tiny penguin comfort blanket as she won’t have a kip without it. Another letter from those nice folk at the NHS inviting me to book myself in for drops in the eye and an all day startled look - “are you Roy Orbison?”

@Muddy Cyclist - looking forward to your finished painting - as Gennepher says, first part is a good stand alone in iteslf.
@geefull - than you for your kind comments - another stonking winter landscape from you - top banana.

Stone the crows - I painted a fish yesterday but it came out looking like something that fish had evolved from - must have been it’s slippery scales - too much to handle. So - crow. Hope everyone has a superb Sunday, I am off for some koffy.

View attachment 47616
Your crow is quite scary.

Reactions: geefull and jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 47616
Thank you for heathland painting appreciation.

A strong and well caught pose for that fierce Corvid from you today. That stance is so familiar in crows and that glint of light in the eye brings the whole drawing to life. Well seen and drawn.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.2 for me today. A meal of Halibut served in a source of Butter, white wine, Lemmon and garlic undoubtably had something to do with it.

Zoom meeting later today with the West Gallery Quire members, no singing but good to see everyone.

Spring is in the air, at sons yesterday to collect fish all of the Daffodils in front of his south facing hedge were completely open a wonderful sight and very uplifting.

Keep safe be calm.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.2 for me today. A meal of Halibut served in a source of Butter, white wine, Lemmon and garlic undoubtably had something to do with it.

Zoom meeting later today with the West Gallery Quire members, no singing but good to see everyone.

Spring is in the air, at sons yesterday to collect fish all of the Daffodils in front of his south facing hedge were completely open a wonderful sight and very uplifting.

Keep safe be calm.
Meal sounds great. A whole cow seems a tad greedy though.:angelic:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
6.4 mmol this morning at 0645. Taken the dog out for his sniff and business; picked up the Observer hoping to avoid Harry and Meghan news...but alas no luck.

Just back from the municipal tip ( what a glamorous life I lead), but unsure how such runs will happen until the upcoming new car is bashed about a bit...and not sure either how many gubbings will fit in her Fiat 500 pram. At least it has a fabric roof ;)

Edited to add - How can I forget this...On arrival at the municipal tip's hallowed razor wire gates, one of the workers said to me, "Some people think I look like Burt Bacharach". I didn't know what to do. But I said a little prayer anyway...and because I was stuck in the queue, I couldn't walk on by either. So I said, "Thanks, Make It Easy on Yourself"...

Shortly, I am walking to M and S desperately seeking inspiration for Sunday late lunch not involving potatoes, Yorkshire puddings or anything I love...do they sell sack cloths and ashes?

Lastly, bit of trouble on the tech front - I can use the forum app (as you can see), but the forum web proper refuses to let me in...hopefully all sorted soon so I can give likes, medals etc to the fab gals n guys here asap!

Last edited:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
5.0 this morning. Relaxing with a coffee and reading.

Had the share this with you because I found it really funny. OK - I do have a weird sense of humour so it probably not funny at all. Probably it is more sad than funny.

A You Tube video popped up on Facebook which intrigued me. Apparently T2 diabetes is not caused by eating carbs and sugar it is caused by eating Kale. Who knew kale was so dangerous!

You can reverse it in 2 weeks by not eating Kale and you can eat absolutely all the carbs and sugar you want and be diabetes free.

Of course you also have to purchase an online book which tells you what green veggies you must juice and in which combinations at specific times of the day to completely reverse T2D.

Although I found it funny it was also interesting to see how they tried to present the fake facts as true.
I always knew seaweed was the work of the devil;) What utter nonsense. If I stoke up on carbs, my meter reading will be on Mars before NASA starts exploring. If I eat kale, despite it tasting to me like it was passed through the duodenal tract of a passing seagull, I am a happy T2 ;)

Morning!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A strong and yet strangely elegant Oak stood out against such a promising bright day. I don't know why but the very first impression I had in my minds eye was of a Male Ballet dancer in a powerful graceful but powerful beckoning movement from stage left, a wonderful choreographed piece.

Are you two artists back on speaking terms?:)
An interesting description...
I didn't intend it to be a realistic oak, but I wanted some human qualities in it.

I am afraid his Lordship is still sulking @Muddy Cyclist ....