All over 50s in SW England - Covid vaccinations from week 1 March

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just spoken to my asthma nurse. No priority for me, despite my weight, diabetes, asthma and being a carer. Unpaid carers dont count.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Just spoken to my asthma nurse. No priority for me, despite my weight, diabetes, asthma and being a carer. Unpaid carers dont count.

An old work colleague of mine is a carer for his elderly mum, age 84, he lives there now. He is 53 has epilepsy, works, but can't get carer's allowance either, so he too is an unpaid carer and waiting for the Covid vaccine..

Last edited:

xenomorph2020

got my text message this evening
will book it in next few days
It came from local hospital rather then GP or hospital where I have my diabetes clinic.
Im kinda nervous about it due to no large set of data on if it causes more side effects in diabetics or not

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why does your diabetes at least not get you a group 6 position? Being a carer should also and if bmi is over 40 that too. I’d check with the practice manager if you are being missed unfairly. Or call 119 (I think it’s that one that’s doing covid vaccine bookings) and try that.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
got my text message this evening
will book it in next few days
It came from local hospital rather then GP or hospital where I have my diabetes clinic.
Im kinda nervous about it due to no large set of data on if it causes more side effects in diabetics or not
Friend of mine in Tewkesbury got a text, I still have nothing but am on tenterhooks waiting now. Have a diabetic review call on Thursday so will ask them if not heard

Just want this moving forward. Not that it seems to make difference to the government, we'll have been double jabbed by the time we are allowed out!

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a letter yesterday morning to book my jab - the reason they gave was as I’m an unpaid carer not my health conditions, tried to book on line but the nearest was 60 miles way! As I don’t drive would need a carer to do my carer duties etc I couldn’t book. Phoned the number on the letter and the lovely lady tried to get me nearer to no avail. She said to keep trying on line 2 or 3 times a day as slots and new locations are popping up all the time.

then tonight about 8pm my surgery called so I’m booked in at 12.24 on Monday. Very precise time she said be on the dot as we are doing them every 3 minutes ! At least I’m in :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well they haven't offered jabs to all the over 60's in Gloucestershire yet, how can they say they are starting on the over 50s next week?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am an unpaid carer for my son. The surgery know this. I suppose i will have to wait and see. I am speaking to my GP tomorrow with a telephone appointment, I may just mention to see if their records are up to date.
Am I right in remembering that you've had Covid? Has this made you feel more relaxed about the jab? Or concerned about side effects? Sorry if I have mis remembered this.

Reactions: zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am I right in remembering that you've had Covid? Has this made you feel more relaxed about the jab? Or concerned about side effects? Sorry if I have mis remembered this.
As far as I was concerned, I couldn't face having covid again. The side effects of the jab were minimal and infinitely preferable to that awful cough.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No not had Covid- I did have reservations at the beginning as I have allergies to some antibiotics mainly penicillin and septrin and thought I may not be able to have it but apparently it’s fine. I’m having it mainly to protect my son as without me to care for him his life would change against all recognition

E.T.A.
oops just seen you’d tagged @lucylocket61 and not me, sorry didn’t read it right lol

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was just going to post that, following a phone call with my practice manager, my husband and I will be having our vaccinations at the surgery on Thursday.

:)

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my jab yesterday morning and it completely wiped me out spent most of last night and all day today in bed with flu like symptoms, I’m up now feeling a lot better just a bad head and a very sore arm, I had the AstraZeneca one

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got one lined up tomorrow.

This will be rather interesting based on some of the jab reports I've heard of feeling rough afterwards..

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my jab yesterday morning and it completely wiped me out spent most of last night and all day today in bed with flu like symptoms, I’m up now feeling a lot better just a bad head and a very sore arm, I had the AstraZeneca one
Yet Pfizer and apart from a slightly sore arm, not really any issues at all. The AZ seems from what I’ve read to have a few more symptoms