What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good evening all :)

5.1 today and feeling much better thank you :) not quite back to normal but much better :joyful:
still got a largish fairly colourful and warm patch on my arm. I had the Oxford Astrazeneca jab @jjraak as did both mr gee and his mum.

The doctor who did the jab did say that his anecdotal feedback was that many people had some level of reaction, a sore arm or a couple of 'fluey' days.
I'm telling myself that a reaction hopefully means my immune system charging in :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@karen8967 - hugs, glad it came back up in good order, take care :)

@gennepher - That Popeye! have you checked your files in case he posted a catb*tt pic? ;) :hilarious:
I like today's very atmospheric painting, it's worked well :)

@SlimLizzy - hope the feedback from the doc will be swift and reassuring to you both.

@dunelm - Love your frog he's very characterful and he has such a speculative and calculating look in his eye ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - I enjoyed yesterday's waves, so much light and vibrancy and I like today's very much too, lots of brooding potential there.
( I'm looking at today's painting and wondering if I can guess where you will put the extra highlights - I'm always learning from you :))

art bit -
didn't do any art yesterday, didn't feel up to it but I'll try to catch up and I still have a couple from the last batch of scans to post :)

View attachment 47695
Thanks geefull x

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1578674452978.jpg

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still alive
Covid vaccine 13 days ago, after shingles, no relationship.
Struggling with ophthalmic shingles, right sight of my head.
Right eye vision cloudy, maybe 25%, loss. Clinic review in two weeks.
Hope you all have happy outcomes as the vax success rolls on.
MCFC, come on the Blues!

lindisfel

Expert
Still alive
MCFC, come on the Blues!
Have you tried Gabapentin for the nerve pain?
D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

5.1 today and feeling much better thank you :) not quite back to normal but much better :joyful:
still got a largish fairly colourful and warm patch on my arm. I had the Oxford Astrazeneca jab @jjraak as did both mr gee and his mum.

The doctor who did the jab did say that his anecdotal feedback was that many people had some level of reaction, a sore arm or a couple of 'fluey' days.
I'm telling myself that a reaction hopefully means my immune system charging in :D

@gennepher - That Popeye! have you checked your files in case he posted a catb*tt pic? ;) :hilarious:

@SlimLizzy - hope the feedback from the doc will be swift and reassuring to you both.

@dunelm - Love your frog he's very characterful and he has such a speculative and calculating look in his eye ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - I enjoyed yesterday's waves, so much light and vibrancy and I like today's very much too, lots of brooding potential there.
( I'm looking at today's painting and wondering if I can guess where you will put the extra highlights - I'm always learning from you :))

art bit -
didn't do any art yesterday, didn't feel up to it but I'll try to catch up and I still have a couple from the last batch of scans to post :)

View attachment 47695
Hugs for your sore arm @geefull
Hope it improves quickly.
t4402.gif

Popeye wouldn't do that...Would he?
Thank you for the painting compliment.

Love your painting, the clouds, distant mountains, the trees, and the effect you have created with the field in front. You always manage to create a tremendous amount of detail.

Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still alive
MCFC, come on the Blues!
I am so glad you have the clinic review @True Blue

When I had chickenpox some years ago, it went to my eyes. And I was blind. With the care of the hospital and a marvellous dedicated doctor I got my eyesight fully back two years later.

Take care.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

His Lordship is behaving himself. No more phone episodes. He is actually being an Angel this minute, allowing me to do my digital painting on my iPad...

I, however, am having a sleepless night. No idea why. Yesterday was good. Was in the sun for a bit. I have no immediate worries. I did stuff yesterday. So, this is out of the blue. I am not sleepy, but going to try again after posting this digital painting in Procreate. It started out as a blossoming cherry tree against a blue sky...but ended up as this...perhaps because I wasn't sleeping...
02024F9D-3FDE-4A37-9AE8-A2F320F07FD8.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That's great frog drawing, I see you got censored, what on Earth was that Frog called to get zapped?
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - I did self censor part of the word but evidently that is not good enough - dad called his newts Kinka-newt and (not nearly but almost) drunk-as-a-newt but replacing the word ‘drunk’ with another word in common circulation amongst gentle folk starting with the letter ‘p’

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did self censor part of the word

Therin lies the clue!

There is a high-bar on this forum - openly searchable, open to all ages - but if you need to self-censor then the word / phrase in question is not allowed and likely to be moderated.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very quiet and pleasant start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of something made with courgettes and something made with mixed peppers and the addition of chorizo for the taste buds to get involved came in at 5.2 this am.

We have a gingko tree in our garden - two tiny plants were given to my mother by the nurserymen at Westonbirt Arboretum about 20 years ago and she gave one to us. It’s now about 3 feet high and needed to be moved - they do grow quite slowly. Anyhow - rootball was deeper than envisaged - it’s now in a large terracotta pot and I will need to milk my aching back for at least 2 days, possibly longer unless my acting wearies me; “It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

@BRSBRI - interesting bike but I think that Apple are ripping people off with their latest watch design.
@Muddy Cyclist - another excellent seascape - savage sky and great reflections - will be interesting to compare with V2.
@gennepher - absolutely smashing winter scene with a stunning tree - are you pinning for a holiday abroad? Is Popeye worried?

I have ordered some more white rice paper - should have done it weeks ago - still, there is more of the yellow paper left. A couple of birds today - spring is in the air - “boing” - have a fabulous Friday - koffy calls (other sounds available).

upload_2021-2-26_7-28-28.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

art bit -

View attachment 47695
Thank you for your compliment on my Sea paintings. I think we all learn from one another, I look at your style of watercolour and admire and try to get similar effects on my hills but without success. I do like the way you have painted the foreground field so much colour, texture and intelligent brush strokes. The water logged area waorks very well giving depth and setting the mood.

Hugs for ongoing reaction, I hope it passes soon.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Therin lies the clue!

There is a high-bar on this forum - openly searchable, open to all ages - but if you need to self-censor then the word / phrase in question is not allowed and likely to be moderated.
Such fun - have a marvellous day

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

lindisfel

Expert
The funny bit is when names in common usage for birds and species of human kind are moderated, one wonders where the country is going.
Apparently breast feeding is now being outlawed in some quarters it has to be gender neutral chest feeding.
D.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very quiet and pleasant start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of something made with courgettes and something made with mixed peppers and the addition of chorizo for the taste buds to get involved came in at 5.2 this am.

We have a gingko tree in our garden - two tiny plants were given to my mother by the nurserymen at Westonbirt Arboretum about 20 years ago and she gave one to us. It’s now about 3 feet high and needed to be moved - they do grow quite slowly. Anyhow - rootball was deeper than envisaged - it’s now in a large terracotta pot and I will need to milk my aching back for at least 2 days, possibly longer unless my acting wearies me; “It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

@BRSBRI - interesting bike but I think that Apple are ripping people off with their latest watch design.
@Muddy Cyclist - another excellent seascape - savage sky and great reflections - will be interesting to compare with V2.
@gennepher - absolutely smashing winter scene with a stunning tree - are you pinning for a holiday abroad? Is Popeye worried?

I have ordered some more white rice paper - should have done it weeks ago - still, there is more of the yellow paper left. A couple of birds today - spring is in the air - “boing” - have a fabulous Friday - koffy calls (other sounds available).

View attachment 47702
Ouch for the aches, but we ain't no longer Spring Chickens, boing!

Great birds again on a well drawn blossom branch.

Thank you for compliments on my Sea pictures,

Take care.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still alive
MCFC, come on the Blues!
Sorry to you are suffering, that must be very frustrating and stressful, I do hope all works out OK. Will be in my thoughts.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

A wonderful Spring day here in the centre of the country, well almost, so outside activities in this neck of the woods.

Take care keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Indeed...:D:hilarious:

Still stand by the longer term measure v daily low tide mark.:bag:

Fantastic news re Mr Slim.
Let's hope appointment is soonest, and all can be resolved by the simplest measures or medicines.
Seems he will need a minor operation, timescale 12 months plus. Unless it becomes an emergency. :grumpy:

Forgot FBG today.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like this very much @Muddy Cyclist with the sea, rocks, and reflections...
A brilliant seascape.
Thank you.
Fbg 6.7

His Lordship is behaving himself. No more phone episodes. He is actually being an Angel this minute, allowing me to do my digital painting on my iPad...

I, however, am having a sleepless night. No idea why. Yesterday was good. Was in the sun for a bit. I have no immediate worries. I did stuff yesterday. So, this is out of the blue. I am not sleepy, but going to try again after posting this digital painting in Procreate. It started out as a blossoming cherry tree against a blue sky...but ended up as this...perhaps because I wasn't sleeping...
View attachment 47699
Yet another good imaginative piece from you. I can see a good frosty Morning the light being captured and abstracted by the fingers of Frost with a flight to escape from the grips of the winter.