What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Now , without meaning to offend.

You are a recent member to this end of the forum, so you may not be aware of our rules & etiquette, so I'm inclined to plead for leniency for you .this time.

But rule 17 (part c) paragraph 4
Does state and I quote.

"No postee, shall post anything that might incline interest in the reader, WITHOUT providing more details in said post "

So, an off road trike, huh

No other words but that and NO pictures....tut, tut.

Schoolboy error.

Pictures or links perelease :D
It's a Jorvik. Like this...
EtDVf_AXMAIcfix.jpg

Apologies ....

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's a Jorvik. Like this...View attachment 47690

Rather splendid....and an E-Bike to boot ?

:hilarious: cheers for posting, despite my cheeky response

Fun times await

E-Bikes deffo a part of our future.

That blurring between motorised scooters (50cc +) can already be seen, in such as the deliveroo et al electrified bike fleets, and the utility look of some moped style E-Scooters

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert

Cheers for posting, despite my cheeky response

Fun times await

That blurring between motorised scooters (50cc +) can already be seen, in such as the deliveroo et al electrified bike fleets, and the utility look of some moped style E-Scooters
Nearly costs as much as a new telescope!!!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my - quite the scene of domestic bliss ...Archie has eclectic taste.

Arthur very early last year (pre Covid era as it now seems to be known) decided he wanted to recreate a scene from Fiddler on the Roof and got stuck up the chimney. Avon Fire and Rescue were incredible and fun too. Coffee and Eccles cakes all round as Arthur sat looking all bemused...
Oh no - thank goodness for Avon Fire and Rescue. Dogs are really good at looking innocent and bemused.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a Jorvik. Like this...View attachment 47690

Apologies ....
Wow, but I can think of a few trees on the technical single track called 'Follow the Dog' and 'The Monkey TRail' that it ain't going to get past, gap only just big enough for my Mountain Bike, would love to try it out on some of the jumps around here. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a delightful sunny start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of the rest of the roasted celeriac with a couple of eggs and some spinach came in at 4.8 this am
@Muddy Cyclist - a fine, strong seascape - those waves crashing against the rocks from all directions.
@geefull - hope you continue to quickly improve and that you are a lot better today.
@gennepher - wonderful atmospheric art from you despite the invasion of a cat burglar. Love the reflections and those trees barely made out.

Funeral went well and thank you all for your kind thoughts. Time is brief, getting over to France to visit with my parents is high on my list of desires, although that list is very short and contains supplies of koffy. “Unindicated and unknown is the length of life of those subject to death.” (Buddha). We plan to have a family gathering once restrictions are lifted in order to celebrate MIL’s life.
We think that we may be able to open up our little house on the prairie come April - a bit late but never mind - there will be a bit of airing out to do, water to switch on and some tidying up outside.

My dad likes frogs and newts and had newts living in their pond when they lived in Somerset (named Kinka and (******-as-a). So, another frog for my dad - ink on rice paper - about 4x10 inches. Hope that everyone has a good day today and can make the most of it. I shall, of course, begin with koffy.
View attachment 47689

(Edited by moderator)
That's great frog drawing, I see you got censored, what on Earth was that Frog called to get zapped?

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Wow, but I can think of a few trees on the technical single track called 'Follow the Dog' and 'The Monkey TRail' that it ain't going to get past, gap only just big enough for my Mountain Bike, would love to try it out on some of the jumps around here. :)
Oh it never goes off road - like a Chelsea tractor for suburban sprawls or long roads!

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Lunch happened at 12. It was bowl of pistou soup and some sashimi followed by Greek yoghurt and blackberries. Went for a 40 minute cycle and checked my sugar right after - 5.4mmol.

The discarding of potatoes, bread, rice, pasta and sadly beer has worked wonders... I'm 6 feet tall and 83kg now - once over 110kg not so long ago...I was a big one.

Red wine thank heavens is still on the agenda...

And my new idea at work for a new Apple watch design wasn't quite approved. I like it though ;)

5611054e1f1e87ae62fec30fe2e2d05e.jpg

Reactions: ianpspurs

lindisfel

Expert

:hilarious: cheers for posting, despite my cheeky response

Fun times await

The 750 watt version could be said to be 1 hp! 1hp=746 watts when I was at tech.

Reactions: BRSBRI

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

5.1 today and feeling much better thank you :) not quite back to normal but much better :joyful:
still got a largish fairly colourful and warm patch on my arm. I had the Oxford Astrazeneca jab @jjraak as did both mr gee and his mum.

The doctor who did the jab did say that his anecdotal feedback was that many people had some level of reaction, a sore arm or a couple of 'fluey' days.
I'm telling myself that a reaction hopefully means my immune system charging in :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@karen8967 - hugs, glad it came back up in good order, take care :)

@gennepher - That Popeye! have you checked your files in case he posted a catb*tt pic? ;) :hilarious:
I like today's very atmospheric painting, it's worked well :)

@SlimLizzy - hope the feedback from the doc will be swift and reassuring to you both.

@dunelm - Love your frog he's very characterful and he has such a speculative and calculating look in his eye ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - I enjoyed yesterday's waves, so much light and vibrancy and I like today's very much too, lots of brooding potential there.
( I'm looking at today's painting and wondering if I can guess where you will put the extra highlights - I'm always learning from you :))

art bit -
didn't do any art yesterday, didn't feel up to it but I'll try to catch up and I still have a couple from the last batch of scans to post :)

upload_2021-2-25_19-8-30.jpeg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Hug for the bike, not yourself. :)
Story of my life. Arthur the poodle was exceptionally naughty tonight and received oodles of praise, hugs and affection. I was given a honey-do instead. That is "Honey do this, honey do that".

Now the bike.

Sigh

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
The 750 watt version could be said to be 1 hp! 1hp=746 watts when I was at tech.
And the one I've got. Maybe I should have bought a Dobbin instead.