Mid Morning Highs

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I hope you’re all doing okay.
I just wanted some advice really, as I’ve been noticing a lot of mid morning highs, even when my levels have been good first thing.
For example, my blood sugar might have been 6 at 8am, and then will always rise to roughly 13 at about 10:30-11:45am.
This always seems to happen whether I’ve had breakfast or not.

Does anyone have any advice?
I’m on levemir twice a day and novorapid taken with meals.

Thank you very much in advance!
Jessica

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I just wanted some advice really, as I’ve been noticing a lot of mid morning highs, even when my levels have been good first thing.
For example, my blood sugar might have been 6 at 8am, and then will always rise to roughly 13 at about 10:30-11:45am.

Jessica

Hi,

From personal experience. I'm not a breakfast person. But I can find a rise from 5 up maybe 8or 9mmol from just the morning routine getting ready for work & walking a dog (when I had a dog.) after around two hours of being awake. Some sort of "foot to the floor, liver dump."

I normally take a small correction of insulin & I'm fine by lunch. (Or possibly an earlier "brunch" pending on how early the day starts.)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Hi all,

Jessica
I take coffee and cream and a unit of insulin on waking.

Reactions: EllieM

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs

Yes, I woke on 5 today (kept going hypo last night so need to reduce my lantus, sigh) but still need a couple of units of humalog just to counteract my dawn phenomena.

@Jelaca if this is a consistent event, have you considered a slight increase in your morning novorapid?

Reactions: ert

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Lol, I watch for the climb just before jumping in the van for work then jack in the correction.

Reactions: ert