jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
T2 Pfizer 10 days ago.
No reactions.
Tiniest of tiny tenderness felt, around injection site, if arms raised over head.

Otherwise, nothing.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had the Astra-Zeneca vaccine on morning of 6th Feb. Felt nothing. I wasn't even sure she had given it to me. At bedtime that evening I felt some weird twinges in my head and decided the expected headache was starting. I hit the pillow and fell straight to sleep. Halfway through the night I woke for a wee. As I got out of bed I felt very stiff but no headache, hobbled to the bathroom then went back to bed and slept till morning. On waking there was no headache and no stiffness. I did feel a bit woozy all day - brain fog but otherwise fine. During the evening I was more tired than usual. Next day perfectly normal. I didn't think my arm hurt until I lifted it above head height. That hurt a bit but it went as soon as I lowered it again. That lasted almost a week, but was insignificant.

Our jabs are done at our GP surgery. No-one I know of has been given a date for the second jab. We were just told it would be within 12 weeks.

I should add I was told I could go home immediately after the jab because it was the A-Z and I wasn't driving. So no waiting 15 minutes afterwards. My husband had the Pfizer jab the week before me. They all had to wait 15 minutes, driving or not.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Son and I had our AZ's yeseterday afternoon, no reaction at all to date, which is good.
Nurse delivering did say that my motor insurance would be invalid if I drove a car within 15 minutes, which was news to me. Fortunately my wife was there, so no need to wait around, taking up space.
Call back in 12 weeks I was told. Hope so.
Not planning to change my sheltered ways anytime soon.
Keep safe.

Reactions: jjraak

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I had AZ jab I wasn't told anything about not driving for 15 minutes, and everybody just had jab, walked out, got in the car and drove straight off, so I presume nobody was told that. Other friends have had AZ jabs in other centres and nobody has had to wait or been told not to drive.

Advice on the leaflet says "COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca has no know side effect on the ability to drive and use machines. However, side effects listed in section 4 may impact your ability to drive and use machines. If you feel unwell, do not drive or use machines"

Friend had Pfizer jab at same centre and had to sit and wait required 15 minutes in the centre.

Onlinecaroline

I had my jab yesterday and it was Pfizer, husband had his today and it was the AZ. Same hall literally 12 hours apart. We all had to wait 15 minutes but no one did today. It’s to do with allergic reactions to Pfizer.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Its about anyone having an allergic reaction.
Yes, I'm aware that it is, it was just that other people had said about being told not to drive after AZ vaccine, and when I had the jab we weren't told, and I wasn't aware it could affect your insurance.
Am interested to know if it can, so that I know for my second jab.