Trulicity

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5 weeks ago I went ontoTrulicity and increased my metformin from one tablet to 4 tablets a day. For the first four weeks I was half dose (0.75 mg) every Saturday. Last Saturday my dosage was increased to 1.5 mg. for the past five six day I have been suffering with terrible diarrhoea sometime going 7 times a day. Today was vomiting too. I can’t get an appointment at the doctors till next week and have spoken to the hospital who said it probably wasn’t the Trulicity but something else. In my mind in should stop it but my sugar levels are just perfect,never rising above 8.00. I’m just wondering of anyone else has had same problems or similar.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like the increased metformin dose doesn't agree with you.
Try reducing to what you were on before and see what happens.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
5 weeks ago I went ontoTrulicity and increased my metformin from one tablet to 4 tablets a day. For the first four weeks I was half dose (0.75 mg) every Saturday. Last Saturday my dosage was increased to 1.5 mg. for the past five six day I have been suffering with terrible diarrhoea sometime going 7 times a day. Today was vomiting too. I can’t get an appointment at the doctors till next week and have spoken to the hospital who said it probably wasn’t the Trulicity but something else. In my mind in should stop it but my sugar levels are just perfect,never rising above 8.00. I’m just wondering of anyone else has had same problems or similar.

Dr google says that diarrhoea and vomiting are a side effect of trulicity so am puzzled by the hospital response. Do your own internet research. On the other hand, Dr google also says that these effects may only last a couple of weeks or a month... So maybe wait it out???

But am very unimpressed that you can't get an appointment with your GP inside a week. I would have thought that diarrhoea and vomiting would merit an emergency appointment. If it goes on, I personally would ring 111.

Good luck.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Sounds like the increased metformin dose doesn't agree with you.
Try reducing to what you were on before and see what happens.

That was my initial thought, but the trulicity timing is very suspect.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dr google says that diarrhoea and vomiting are a side effect of trulicity so am puzzled by the hospital response. Do your own internet research. On the other hand, Dr google also says that these effects may only last a couple of weeks or a month... So maybe wait it out???

But am very unimpressed that you can't get an appointment with your GP inside a week. I would have thought that diarrhoea and vomiting would merit an emergency appointment. If it goes on, I personally would ring 111.

Good luck.
Thanks Ellie, I’ve been onto 111 and got a telephone consultation from a doctor at my local out of hours. As a result we are reducing both the trulicity and metformin to half doses from today. I have to phone my gp on Monday also.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I'm glad the out of hours GP has reduced your dose as either of those meds can cause your symptoms in some people particularly Trulicity. If you are not already low-carbing then do keep the carbs down which will help with weight loss.