What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Good afternoon everyone and good morning to those 7 and 8 hours distant!

Day started 8 hours ago with me on the bike in the bathroom and peddled away
for a good 55 minutes, covered no distance at all - but the meter told me it was
about 13 miles in total, followed by some situps and a shower.

Before that, the morning ritual stabbing yielded 6.3 (due I suspect to way too much
wine and a naughty carb filled snack). Breakfast was miso soup, omelette and an
americano or 2. Two hours later, my finger was showing 5.0 on the scale.

Lunch was a fasting job today - with water and green tea. Dinner will be fish and salad.

Been on conference calls with Australia and the land of Kiwi and will shortly be on a couple
with locals.

Humid day - almost 90%, up in the mid 20 C's again, only occasional sun...

Yet another Covid test at 0800 - 6 hours ago just about - and the negative results are through.

Hard to believe - 7 days in isolation already...been very productive though allowing which is happening virtually
tomorrow and then in person when I am let loose in the coming days. Also been a ton of fun,
chatting with my new virtual pals on here! YAY!

Have a great day all! :)

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 yesterday and 4.7 today

fell alseep yesterday evening and missed posting, we'd been up early to drop the car off and do the shopping, finally got the 'steering fault' car back, they've cleaned all the contacts on the sensors and now we keep our fingers crossed that it has worked otherwise looks like it may be expensive. So far so good.
We got that car because Mum couldn't get out of the older one but we kept the old volvo as a backup, which we were glad of this week but it developed a horrible grinding on the way home yesterday :banghead::bigtears: mr gee says he thinks it's a drive shaft bearing. Can't get it into the garage until next Wednesday, not our week for cars :sorry:

Otherwise it's been a lovely day today :) so warm and sunny there were kids playing in the sea. We enjoyed our walk round the village.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - Your dragons are very effective and I enjoyed their backstory :joyful: I especially like the way you've used the green shadows and mirrored it in the foreground.

How nice for you to have your 'fairy' things around the garden and your toadstool painting glows :) I see the dragon is putting in a guard shift there too.

Postcrossing sounds like a really interesting and friendly way to communicate @gennepher but
you're braver than me going for a fountain pen, I do think they make you concentrate on the form of your writing though.

@BRSBRI - hugs for mrs B and many congratulations to your daughter :)

@Cumberland - nice to see you :)

@alf_Josiah - good results :joyful:

@Mrs T 123 - commiserations and better luck next time.

@dunelm - what a fantastic sense of scale both your mountain pictures have, like them both very much. I'm with you on the idea of ironing the paper, I like the effects the water has and the way it adds to the texture.

@Muddy Cyclist - haven't sung 'Now is the month of Maying' for years, you managed a fine performance despite the technical difficulties of being separated.

I really like you Aldburgh painting, the colour in the sky and the complementary echoes in the water and foreground are lovely, very dramatic with just the silhouette of the buildings :joyful:

and two fine skies to start the next part of the series, I do enjoy seeing this stage and then the finished paintings.

@lindisfel - many congratulations to you both :joyful:

art bit -

I've ordered some bigger paper which will hopefully be coming in the next few days, got to try it sometime ;)

some unusual colours seen on the way home from Mum's a few days ago, the sea was quite coppery and the hills violet

View attachment 48160
Thank you @geefull and I hope the old Volvo does not cost too much to fix.
The coppery colours work very well on this against the violet of the hills. A simple, beautiful scent.

Reactions: BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Every day in the countryside is a great day in this tremendous gift of life we have and if we can share it with someone we are fortunate after 59 years.
Thanks Muddy.
Derek
You are @lindesfel a true romantic!
With 24 more years than I have had with my own Mrs BRS, that's
just fab. :)

Oh, the other name for BRSBRI is Ian, btw ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
God morning all. The woke commemoration today is for Cyril of Jerusalem, the BCP prefers Edward King of West Saxons. Culture wars within the C of E? Swipey seems all crosswaffled this last 16 hours veering from 3.2 to 6.2 but mainly stuck at 5.7. What a blessing that I don't need to calculate insulin or deal with @Muddy Cyclist's bike rides. Grandparenting today which is a blessing but one needs to take a step back and remember that at times. @geefull more great art - yes your is too @dunelm @gennepher and I know yours is @Muddy Cyclist - not your week for cars. Unlike @lindisfel's marriage "consumer durables" often don't last and we can't all use the repair shop. Pip PIP old toots.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Digital painting in Procreate for today.
This lighthouse is in my garden. It actually has a light (solar powered), and guards my garden at night with its intermittent searching light beams...
My garden changes at night...

View attachment 48167

My done list (in emails, postcards, and messages) for this morning is quite long, it kept getting longer...but hopefully it really is done because I am having a garden day today. It is grey and cold, and I would really like that sun to come out...

One annoying thing about messages and photos in different chat apps, is that my friend sent two photos of her mum in hospital, and I didn't reply for another hour because I was busy doing something else, and I wanted to think about the most positive response I could give. Then, when I did get back to it an hour later, the two photos had self-destructed, presumably after being viewed. I hadn't looked at them properly and I wanted to respond to them. Next time I will take a screenshot....
Fortunately though, I do have a pretty near photographic memory still (the rest of me may be falling apart...), and I can wander round the hospital bed and room in my mind, and 'hold' her hand...

Yesterday I made an exceptionally cheeky offer for 150 postcards on eBay. It was never going to be accepted...but a few hours later, I had an email to say my offer had been accepted...
Smashing guardian lighthouse - the one that we have here is not so visually pleasing - it is though powered by a hydrogen fuel cell.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Meal sounds delicious @Muddy Cyclist
:)
OMG! Sauages and any mash - that's a dream right now!
MjAxMy01MGJlOGQ3MjM0N2U1MWU2.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Digital painting in Procreate for today.
This lighthouse is in my garden. It actually has a light (solar powered), and guards my garden at night with its intermittent searching light beams...
My garden changes at night...

View attachment 48167

My done list (in emails, postcards, and messages) for this morning is quite long, it kept getting longer...but hopefully it really is done because I am having a garden day today. It is grey and cold, and I would really like that sun to come out...

One annoying thing about messages and photos in different chat apps, is that my friend sent two photos of her mum in hospital, and I didn't reply for another hour because I was busy doing something else, and I wanted to think about the most positive response I could give. Then, when I did get back to it an hour later, the two photos had self-destructed, presumably after being viewed. I hadn't looked at them properly and I wanted to respond to them. Next time I will take a screenshot....
Fortunately though, I do have a pretty near photographic memory still (the rest of me may be falling apart...), and I can wander round the hospital bed and room in my mind, and 'hold' her hand...

Yesterday I made an exceptionally cheeky offer for 150 postcards on eBay. It was never going to be accepted...but a few hours later, I had an email to say my offer had been accepted...

The art of sea painting all captured on the back garden. I like How you captured the magical effect of bioluminescent plankton around that lighthouse, often seen around ghost ships at sea, wonderful.

Hope gardening goes well today.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very quiet, anticipatory morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of sausages with mushrooms and eggs came in at 4.9 this am

Another sunny, breezy day yesterday on the coast. Great for walking and for blowing out the cobwebs. Watched Bill Bailey’s new Limboland on the beeb last night - chuckled all the way through. The girl in the bubble has arrived already so I expect we will be off round the park to feed the ducks in a while (other birds get involved also - as do squirrels). Govt briefing last night was interesting, Mzzzzzz von de Looney got a mention (no rosette). I wonder what medical decisions will pop up today (veiled speech for shenanegans). Anyhow, life is a roller coaster - death though, is a cold Lasagne suspended in deep freeze - I heard it on the radio in 1975.

Art today - still fiddling about with mountains. Hope everyone has a great day - we are having Finnish pea day here with Sisu (ultimate determination, fortitude and persistence - carried to an unfathomable level). First though, koffy.

upload_2021-3-18_8-20-19.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Smashing guardian lighthouse - the one that we have here is not so visually pleasing - it is though powered by a hydrogen fuel cell.
I love all lighthouses @dunelm
Even derelict ugly ones.
I once considered buying a lighthouse. It was landlocked...only just, and would have still been subject to high tides and waves. So, I looked around it, dreamt a little..l
and left it...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a very quiet, anticipatory morning here in the dark and dangerous north

Another sunny, breezy day yesterday on the coast. Great for walking and for blowing out the cobwebs. Watched Bill Bailey’s new Limboland on the beeb last night - chuckled all the way through. The girl in the bubble has arrived already so I expect we will be off round the park to feed the ducks in a while (other birds get involved also - as do squirrels). Govt briefing last night was interesting, Mzzzzzz von de Looney got a mention (no rosette). I wonder what medical decisions will pop up today (veiled speech for shenanegans). Anyhow, life is a roller coaster - death though, is a cold Lasagne suspended in deep freeze - I heard it on the radio in 1975.

Art today - still fiddling about with mountains. Hope everyone has a great day - we are having Finnish pea day here with Sisu (ultimate determination, fortitude and persistence - carried to an unfathomable level). First though, koffy.

View attachment 48172
Love your mountains painting @dunelm
You fiddle well with mountains...very effective...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The art of sea painting all captured on the back garden. I like How you captured the magical effect of bioluminescent plankton around that lighthouse, often seen around ghost ships at sea, wonderful.

Hope gardening goes well today.
Thanks very much for the painting compliments @Muddy Cyclist

Things need planting and wee holes digging..

Reactions: BRSBRI

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 48172

Deep frozen lasagna, that doesn't sound appealing :wacky:

guess it's ok if your dating in a park or in a doorway for two or simply loading up your rubber bullets...just my 10cc on it.

And quite liking Bill bailey, saw a few minutes of it just now on iPlayer.....big chuckles.

So that's on the list for this evening , cheers @dunelm .

Bill Bailey: Limboland: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000t984 via @bbciplayer

Last edited:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows

fell alseep yesterday evening and missed posting, we'd been up early to drop the car off and do the shopping, finally got the 'steering fault' car back, they've cleaned all the contacts on the sensors and now we keep our fingers crossed that it has worked otherwise looks like it may be expensive. So far so good.
We got that car because Mum couldn't get out of the older one but we kept the old volvo as a backup, which we were glad of this week but it developed a horrible grinding on the way home yesterday :banghead::bigtears: mr gee says he thinks it's a drive shaft bearing. Can't get it into the garage until next Wednesday, not our week for cars :sorry:

Otherwise it's been a lovely day today :) so warm and sunny there were kids playing in the sea. We enjoyed our walk round the village.

@gennepher - Your dragons are very effective and I enjoyed their backstory :joyful: I especially like the way you've used the green shadows and mirrored it in the foreground.

How nice for you to have your 'fairy' things around the garden and your toadstool painting glows :) I see the dragon is putting in a guard shift there too.

Postcrossing sounds like a really interesting and friendly way to communicate @gennepher but
you're braver than me going for a fountain pen, I do think they make you concentrate on the form of your writing though.

@dunelm - what a fantastic sense of scale both your mountain pictures have, like them both very much. I'm with you on the idea of ironing the paper, I like the effects the water has and the way it adds to the texture.

@Muddy Cyclist - haven't sung 'Now is the month of Maying' for years, you managed a fine performance despite the technical difficulties of being separated.

I really like you Aldburgh painting, the colour in the sky and the complementary echoes in the water and foreground are lovely, very dramatic with just the silhouette of the buildings :joyful:

and two fine skies to start the next part of the series, I do enjoy seeing this stage and then the finished paintings.

art bit -

I've ordered some bigger paper which will hopefully be coming in the next few days, got to try it sometime ;)

some unusual colours seen on the way home from Mum's a few days ago, the sea was quite coppery and the hills violet

View attachment 48160

art bit -

View attachment 48160

Beautiful painting; hope the car issues solve themselves (I know the feeling) and thanks for the wishes too!

Hope all's well :)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Deep frozen lasagna, that doesn't sound appealing, guess it's ok if your dating in a park or in a doorway for two or simply loading up your rubberbullets...ust my 10cc on it.

And quite liking Bill bailey, saw a few minutes of it just now on iPlayer.....big chuckles.

So that's on the list for this evening , cheers @dunelm .

Bill Bailey: Limboland: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000t984 via @bbciplayer
10cc - what you do for love? ;) I love lasagna...it unfortunately doesn't love me...Sigh. I'd starve in Italia...

Reactions: gennepher

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows

View attachment 48172
Holy schmoley, that artwork is absolutely amazing! Raising my cup of green tea!