Libre 2 Sensor free trial

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Every time I go through the ordering process it fails at the last step "SESSION TIMEOUT".
Anyone else see this?
I have reported it to Abbott but no response as yet.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today will complete my last full day with the trial Freestyle Libre 2. My summary of my two weeks is the following:
Insertion of the sensor was simple and pain free, I’m looking forward to looking inside when I’ve removed it!
The NFC connection with my iPhone X and the LibreLink app has been brilliant, one little hiccough where it wouldn’t scan, saying try again in a few minutes, by which time it had put itself right.
Compression lows at night when I laid on it were only evident for the first six nights, I don’t know if that was the Libre settling or me unconsciously avoiding putting pressure on it.
The info provided in the app is perfect for a number and graph nerd like me! :joyful:
Comparing several readings over the fortnight with my Caresens Dual finger prick tests, shows that the Libre reads pretty consistently a little higher, which was a surprise as I’ve mostly read that it reads lower, even allowing for the delay of interstitial fluid as opposed to blood measurements.
Of all the scans I took (135 of them!) by far and away the vast majority had the horizontal arrow indicating stable levels. I got one dropping quickly arrow whist I was asleep, which was when I’d laid on it, and one slowly climbing arrow, not sure why?
I have been reassured that my levels never rose out of target with 7.8mmol/l as my top limit, even trying a couple of higher than normal carb intakes.
Polyols as I suspected don’t spike me at all and I was ok with one roast potato and a small yorkie with a roast dinner and six chips on another day :)
5D322E1E-E8C3-4DB5-A15D-6204A2A3F5D3.jpeg

Edit to add, in conclusion, I can see how the Libre must be a godsend for members on glucose lowering meds, but I have to say that although I enjoyed using it, I can’t warrant the expense on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsA2

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You had me do a double take there, seeing my own graph in your post.
We're twins! :happy:

Granted, my sensors tend to read a bit lower than blood, and yours read a little higher, so in reality I'm higher than you are, but I think it's amazing we have all the bumps in the same places!

162044935_10223118392662535_4001629601621921960_o.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You had me do a double take there, seeing my own graph in your post.
We're twins! :happy:

Granted, my sensors tend to read a bit lower than blood, and yours read a little higher, so in reality I'm higher than you are, but I think it's amazing we have all the bumps in the same places!

162044935_10223118392662535_4001629601621921960_o.jpg

Surprisingly similar, except yours is in Dutch and mine is in English! :joyful:;)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Comparing several readings over the fortnight with my Caresens Dual finger prick tests, shows that the Libre reads pretty consistently a little higher, which was a surprise as I’ve mostly read that it reads lower, even allowing for the delay of interstitial fluid as opposed to blood measurements
@Rachox what time difference did you use please? Mine is varying a lot more