1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Libre 2 Sensor free trial

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by DunePlodder, Mar 1, 2021.

Tags:
  1. DunePlodder

DunePlodder Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Every time I go through the ordering process it fails at the last step "SESSION TIMEOUT".
    Anyone else see this?
    I have reported it to Abbott but no response as yet.

2. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

I have activated my Libre this evening and all seems well :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rachox

Staff Member

Today will complete my last full day with the trial Freestyle Libre 2. My summary of my two weeks is the following:
    Insertion of the sensor was simple and pain free, I’m looking forward to looking inside when I’ve removed it!
    The NFC connection with my iPhone X and the LibreLink app has been brilliant, one little hiccough where it wouldn’t scan, saying try again in a few minutes, by which time it had put itself right.
    Compression lows at night when I laid on it were only evident for the first six nights, I don’t know if that was the Libre settling or me unconsciously avoiding putting pressure on it.
    The info provided in the app is perfect for a number and graph nerd like me! :joyful:
    Comparing several readings over the fortnight with my Caresens Dual finger prick tests, shows that the Libre reads pretty consistently a little higher, which was a surprise as I’ve mostly read that it reads lower, even allowing for the delay of interstitial fluid as opposed to blood measurements.
    Of all the scans I took (135 of them!) by far and away the vast majority had the horizontal arrow indicating stable levels. I got one dropping quickly arrow whist I was asleep, which was when I’d laid on it, and one slowly climbing arrow, not sure why?
    I have been reassured that my levels never rose out of target with 7.8mmol/l as my top limit, even trying a couple of higher than normal carb intakes.
    Polyols as I suspected don’t spike me at all and I was ok with one roast potato and a small yorkie with a roast dinner and six chips on another day :)
    5D322E1E-E8C3-4DB5-A15D-6204A2A3F5D3.jpeg

Edit to add, in conclusion, I can see how the Libre must be a godsend for members on glucose lowering meds, but I have to say that although I enjoyed using it, I can’t warrant the expense on a regular basis.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    #43 Rachox, Mar 18, 2021 at 9:08 PM
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  4. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

You had me do a double take there, seeing my own graph in your post.
    We're twins! :happy:

Granted, my sensors tend to read a bit lower than blood, and yours read a little higher, so in reality I'm higher than you are, but I think it's amazing we have all the bumps in the same places!

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Rachox

Staff Member

Surprisingly similar, except yours is in Dutch and mine is in English! :joyful:;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Rachox what time difference did you use please? Mine is varying a lot more

7. Rachox

Staff Member

Around 10 - 15 mins

8. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks. Just checking that is finger prick first then libre ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook