Carb Killa Choc Ices!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As the title says Grenade who make Carb Killa protein bars, have now brought out Carb Killa choc ices! They are available in Tesco and are around 3 or 4g net carbs per bar. They may not suit some people because of the sweeteners they use. I’m hoping my blood sugars aren’t spiked by them, I’m ok with the protein bars so fingers crossed. I’ll let you know how tasty they are soon, I have a box of each on my next Tesco delivery :):hungry::)

471F6B79-988B-4C33-938F-0D9CEDFCB4E8.jpeg

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for sharing - always looking for another wee low carb treat for myself :happy:

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5 pots of columbian choc and hazelnut in the freezer! especially as Waitrose has stopped stocking that flavour and its the only one I like...
My favourite flavour too :hungry:

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Think I sort of saw them the last time I was in Tesco…. I try not to pay too much attention to that isle or I may buy something…. Like their Jaffa cake…

If they taste good and don’t affect my bg too much then got to be worth a try

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Think I sort of saw them the last time I was in Tesco…. I try not to pay too much attention to that isle or I may buy something…. Like their Jaffa cake…

If they taste good and don’t affect my bg too much then got to be worth a try
Pesky Jaffa Cakes :nailbiting:

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
:***: theres - the difference! lol

Trouble is the packaging lies it says serves 6…. But I’ve never managed to get more than 1 serving from it

Hence why I give the freezer isle a wide berth

Reactions: Speedbird

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Trouble is the packaging lies it says serves 6…. But I’ve never managed to get more than 1 serving from it

Hence why I give the freezer isle a wide berth
Yeerp I would have to give it a wide berth chocolate is no good for me - it screams attention and one cake would not be enough for me despite the consequences of eating it :bigtears:

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
well went to tescos yesterday.. couldn't find the carb killer..... but i did have to walk past the Jaffa Cake.... then i walked back down the isle again just to check there was no carb killer... trouble is i once again had to walk past the Jaffa cake... it was a fight.. i did resist and won.. i left the store without the darn jaffa cake...

so any way, my new years resolution for 2022 will be.. to be not diabetic anymore..... Jaffa cake come to daddy... oh yeah!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I had the Carb Killa choc ices in my Tesco delivery yesterday, but I haven’t been able to try them yet as I’ve lost a filling and I daren’t eat anything that cold til it’s fixed :(

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I had the Carb Killa choc ices in my Tesco delivery yesterday, but I haven’t been able to try them yet as I’ve lost a filling and I daren’t eat anything that cold til it’s fixed :(

Sorry Rachox but you are going to have to take one for the team, we NEED to know, are they any good???? x

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nooooooooooo! :arghh:
Sorry Rachox but you are going to have to take one for the team, we NEED to know, are they any good???? x
Got to agree here.:)

Reactions: Grannypat and KK123

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Patience everyone! I have an appt. at the dentist on Thursday afternoon so not long to wait!

Edit for typo

Last edited:

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Patience everyone! I have an appt. at the dentist on Thursday afternoon so not long to wait!

Edit for typo

If you don’t take one for the team as suggested above… I may just have to test a Jaffa cake :)

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, tooth is fixed so I sampled the Carb Killa white chocolate cookie choc ice this evening. I loved it! :hungry:
(The peanut butter one will have to wait til my daughter goes back to Uni, she absolutely hates the smell of peanut butter :hungover:)
B1506E7F-1384-44F1-BD2B-96D0AC52E3EE.jpeg

Reactions: Lainie71