2020/21 Football Season.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished 0-0. Bit disappointing to say we dominated the game for much of it. Oh well its a good Job Sheff Weds lost. Oh well still that vital 8 point cushion. Next up is a Home tie with Bournemouth. Now that will be some game. Rotherham play 1 of their 3 games on Thursday with a home tie to Coventry. Hopefully Coventry will beat them and that would be sweet music.

Reactions: Lamont D

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
oops that's not good. We lost 2-1 and Rotherham won so now the gap is just 5 points. Rotherham have 3 games in hand. If Rotherham win on Thursday then we really will be in trouble. :eek::eek:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Lost by a single goal at Walsall.
Our season has well and truly come off the rails.
Their goalie was unemployed tonight, we were very poor.
Just can't believe what I have just watched, the team and tactics.
Questions have to be asked about why certain things have developed since we went into automatic promotion places, 5 games, one goal, one shocking 0-0 draw. And four losses. It just seems as though somebody is sabotaging the season.
Why, I don't know but the financial situation for all league two clubs is not guaranteed or enough to sustain a promotion. I believe that we could not afford league one wages, and we would need an almost complete change of personnel on the pitch. As most of the players are out of contract at end of season.
Tough times after a glimmer of hope.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Season tickets go on sale soon. I wonder how many will risk buying one. Not sure as I'd want to risk it this year.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Meanwhile FGR will be soon appointing a new coach (female???)

A vegan definitely! A woman manager coach would be something that would definitely lower the ceiling, we already have plenty of backroom staff and officials, plus those who run the business of the club, but it is gonna take a lot for some pros to stomach.

Reactions: Johnboy412

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A vegan definitely! A woman manager coach would be something that would definitely lower the ceiling, we already have plenty of backroom staff and officials, plus those who run the business of the club, but it is gonna take a lot for some pros to stomach.
Can't be any worse than going vegan?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Can't be any worse than going vegan?

A pro footballer as a vegan?
OMG!
Have you ever seen a menu of how they eat during the week?
Chicken, rice, cereal, more chicken and lots of carbs as they build up to match day.
Protein shakes, supplements, bacterial drinks and more protein. And more carbs after on rest days with only low carb when they haven't played midweek.
Every club has a nutritionist and health advisers, doctors and physios and of course a fitness coach, they also have as part of their contracts, insurance for if any surgery is necessary at a private hospital and consultant.

They have to eat and sleep to this advice, and a woman coach could certainly nag the lads to eat better or even drink less beer and nights out! (Ha)
Some pros would be less than happy with a woman coach, especially if it changes the dressing room standards and the fine system prevalent in modern footie.

I know it's been touted now for a few years but would a club actually do it?
The press would really take to it, especially the tabloids.
And they would sniff out any skeletons in the cupboard.

Reactions: Johnboy412

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A pro footballer as a vegan?
OMG!
Have you ever seen a menu of how they eat during the week?
Chicken, rice, cereal, more chicken and lots of carbs as they build up to match day.
Protein shakes, supplements, bacterial drinks and more protein. And more carbs after on rest days with only low carb when they haven't played midweek.
Every club has a nutritionist and health advisers, doctors and physios and of course a fitness coach, they also have as part of their contracts, insurance for if any surgery is necessary at a private hospital and consultant.

They have to eat and sleep to this advice, and a woman coach could certainly nag the lads to eat better or even drink less beer and nights out! (Ha)
Some pros would be less than happy with a woman coach, especially if it changes the dressing room standards and the fine system prevalent in modern footie.

I know it's been touted now for a few years but would a club actually do it?
The press would really take to it, especially the tabloids.
And they would sniff out any skeletons in the cupboard.
Watch this space...;)

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesssss Rotherham lost one of their 3 games in hand. Still a 5 point cushion. We need to beat Notts Florist on Saturday now and hope the Brummies beat Rotherham on Sunday. Its going to be an interesting run in now. We got Barnsley next Weds. That could go either way. Watch this space.

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
At home to Salford city tomorrow.
This could be so much a defining moment in the season and a good result would put us back into the mix.

Good luck to all our teams.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Away to Notts Florist this lunch time. I'm guessing lunch time kick offs so that the nation can pay their respects to HRH Prince Phillip at 3pm.
Good luck to those playing today. Hope your team wins.

Our five remaining fixtures are Florist, Barnsley, Blackburn, Coventry and Reading. Some pretty tough games. We need to sharpen our wits without doubt. Cannot rely on Rotherscum getting beaten all the time.

Reactions: Cumberland

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Through to the next round of the Scottish Cup with a 0-1 at Forfar, only local TV, lovely night for a game of football.

Think Chris H has done a fair job at the Florists, thought they were basket cases earlier in the season.

Soft spot for LUFC, so hoping they keep winning on Monday night.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
0-0 and that is it!
Absolutely dire display, not good enough.
We need results to go our way, to remain in playoffs.
One goal in five games. One point from two home games.
Worst record, in form guide, last six games.

I'm sticking to my theory that the club cannot afford to go up.