Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Sweet very underrated they were a class act

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hubby has some Slade and Sweet albums. I dont get much choice what to listen to in the car

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Hubby has some Slade and Sweet albums. I dont get much choice what to listen to in the car
Me and missus JTL are not to keen on each others music but we made a compromise years ago.
I put CD's together... actually usb sticks now where there's one track for her one track for me.
Anything less is not reasonable behaviour.
Funny thing is we get to like quite a bit of each others music this way.
I would never have dreamed of listening to K D Lang for example but quite like it now when I do.
She has come to like J J Cale and there's much more over the years.
It works both ways and only allowing his music to be played is controlling behaviour when you think about it.

Last edited:

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aww Wolfie

What music would play?

I like a variety of music from Fleetwood Mac to rock and some old 80's pop. Dont like modern music, dont like anything after the 80's to be honest. I can unwind with a variety of stuff my dad used to listen to so know The Sweet, Slade etc. I dont like rap or r'n'b, makes no sense.

Some of what I listen to he will listen to but its his choice in the car, I get to choose when I'm at home and radio is on. (Radio at mo in a box in the back bedroom as we're slowly working our way to redecorating the lounge. I didnt want it damaged)

Reactions: Cumberland

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You know, I was somewhat obsessed by he-that-cannot-be-mentioned, Gary Glitter. I even went to see his movie! Nowadays I get quite angry that my youthful innocence was exploited by a paedophile nonce. ‘Do you wanna touch me?’ Urghhh.

Having said that, I always like Sweet. And T Rex, and Wizzard and Slade. Does Judas Priest count? They were quite camp, as I recall. And the inimitable Queen, Freddy in his leotard phase.

Edit to add : and don’t forget that more mainstream artists like Elton John and David Bowie embraced the Glam.

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I like a variety of music from Fleetwood Mac to rock and some old 80's pop. Dont like modern music, dont like anything after the 80's to be honest. I can unwind with a variety of stuff my dad used to listen to so know The Sweet, Slade etc. I dont like rap or r'n'b, makes no sense.

Some of what I listen to he will listen to but its his choice in the car, I get to choose when I'm at home and radio is on. (Radio at mo in a box in the back bedroom as we're slowly working our way to redecorating the lounge. I didnt want it damaged)

Agree with you about rap music
Just a load of ***** basically

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You know, I was somewhat obsessed by he-that-cannot-be-mentioned, Gary Glitter. I even went to see his movie! Nowadays I get quite angry that my youthful innocence was exploited by a paedophile nonce. ‘Do you wanna touch me?’ Urghhh.

Having said that, I always like Sweet. And T Rex, and Wizzard and Slade. Does Judas Priest count? They were quite camp, as I recall. And the inimitable Queen, Freddy in his leotard phase.

Edit to add : and don’t forget that more mainstream artists like Elton John and David Bowie embraced the Glam.

Elton and Bowie in the 70s did embrace glam and were good too

I recall a Roxy Music appearance where Bryan Ferry wore bright green glittery mascara and I thought wow

The one we should not mention his costumes were outrageous

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a subscriber to Amazon Prime Music, one of their recommended play lists this week is Glam Jams, got alot of great songs on it.

https://music.amazon.com.au/playlists/B078RFFB64?marketplaceId=A15PK738MTQHSO&musicTerritory=AU

Edit: Added playlist contents.

Just in case the link will not go to the page here's the unedited but still legible contents.

Amazon Music
Search
Curated by Amazon's Music Experts
PLAYLIST
GLAM JAMS!
Curated by Amazon's Music Experts
Glam rock party starters. Horns up!
23 SONGS • 1 HOUR AND 27 MINUTES
Cum on Feel the Noize
Cum on Feel the Noize
Sladest (Expanded)
Slade
04:24
Ballroom Blitz
Ballroom Blitz
LYRICS
Rare Studio Tracks
The Sweet
03:58
20th Century Boy (1999 Recorded Master)
20th Century Boy (1999 Recorded Master)
Classic Hits - A Celebration Of Marc And Mickey
T. Rex
04:37
Saturday Night
Saturday Night
LYRICS
Bay City Rollers - The Best Of
Bay City Rollers
02:55
Starman (2012 Remaster)
Starman (2012 Remaster)
LYRICS
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (2012 Remaster)
David Bowie
04:14
This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us
This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us
LYRICS
Kimono My House
Sparks
03:05
Women in Uniform (2015 Remaster)
Women in Uniform (2015 Remaster)
Hits'n'Riffs [Explicit]
Skyhooks
04:24
Rock On
Rock On
LYRICS
Best Of David Essex
David Essex
03:22
Virginia Plain
Virginia Plain
LYRICS
The Best Of Roxy Music
Roxy Music & Griff Rhys Jones
02:57
Games Without Frontiers (Remastered)
Games Without Frontiers (Remastered)
Hit
Peter Gabriel
03:58
Bennie And The Jets (Remastered 2014)
Bennie And The Jets (Remastered 2014)
LYRICS
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (Remastered)
Elton John
05:22
Killer Queen (Remastered 2011)
Killer Queen (Remastered 2011)
LYRICS
Sheer Heart Attack (Deluxe Edition 2011 Remaster)
Queen
02:59
Devil Gate Drive
Devil Gate Drive
LYRICS
Quatro
Suzi Quatro
03:47
All the Young Dudes
All the Young Dudes
LYRICS
All The Young Dudes (Expanded Edition)
Mott The Hoople
03:31
Looking For A Kiss
Looking For A Kiss
New York Dolls
New York Dolls
03:18

Last edited:

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There was a great Australian band called Skyhooks or the hooks for short in the 1970's.

Not quite "glam" but flashy tho'.

Reactions: hankjam

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tricky but anything by Slade

We've been to see Slade a few times in the last few years - BlokeShape is a Brummie lad and my Very First Crush was on Dave Hill. They can still rock a live show - the Christmas show in Liverpool in ... 2019 I think was one of the best live shows I've seen. Even without Sir Noddy of Holder fronting them they are worth seeing.

That said, for my very favourite glam rock track I think T-Rex and Children of the Revolution just edges it. Slade best band, CotR best song.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We've been to see Slade a few times in the last few years - BlokeShape is a Brummie lad and my Very First Crush was on Dave Hill. They can still rock a live show - the Christmas show in Liverpool in ... 2019 I think was one of the best live shows I've seen. Even without Sir Noddy of Holder fronting them they are worth seeing.

That said, for my very favourite glam rock track I think T-Rex and Children of the Revolution just edges it. Slade best band, CotR best song.
We have some swans with sygnets on a pond near us and everytime I see them I think of Marc Bolan and what we missed out on as he died so young.

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We have some swans with sygnets on a pond near us and everytime I see them I think of Marc Bolan and what we missed out on as he died so young.

I love the Life on Mars episode where Sam Tyler goes up to Marc Bolan in a disco and warns him about driving Minis.

I would love to have seen where he went later in his career ... in another time line maybe he's still out there making music and being fabulous.