Dr has requested apt to discuss latest bloods results

ryanm100

Hi all,
My January HBA1C was 6.4, I had another last Wednesday and got a call just now from the GP Surgery telling me the GP wants to see me to discuss my latest results. Next available apt is Friday which feels a life time away. My anxiety issues don't help, should I be concerned?
thanks, Ryan

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Hi all,
My January HBA1C was 6.4, I had another last Wednesday and got a call just now from the GP Surgery telling me the GP wants to see me to discuss my latest results. Next available apt is Friday which feels a life time away. My anxiety issues don't help, should I be concerned?
thanks, Ryan

Having read all the info on this site about what numbers mean, how do you feel?

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Personally I wouldn't worry too much. Your GP will discuss your results and make suggestions about the way forward. Going by your last result of 6.4 you'll either be regarded as pre-diabetic or as T2 diabetic and if it's the latter it's no big deal and the sooner you know about it, the sooner you can start controlling it. I would guess that even if you are diagnosed as T2 your HbA1c will still be pretty low and fairly easiy contolled by diet and exercise and well within possibility of entering remission.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
thanks, Ryan

Honestly, why do they do it like this. I see you are already diagnosed as type 2 so it might just be a catch up. x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
thanks, Ryan

Hi,

Are you on any prescribed meds for your diabetes? When did you last have a med review on a prescription?
Could just be that??

Best wishes.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. How about asking the surgery to add you to access to the surgeries online system including the level for test results. You are entitled to be able to access these. That way you can view your results as soon as they are available and spend time with the GP/DN discussing the way forward rather than listening to the results.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. How about asking the surgery to add you to access to the surgeries online system including the level for test results. You are entitled to be able to access these. That way you can view your results as soon as they are available and spend time with the GP/DN discussing the way forward rather than listening to the results.
Unfortunately whilst we are entitled to see our results we are not always able to as it depends what the surgery has signed up to. I have been asking for 4 years to be able to see my records on line but have had no success despite pointing out that it has been mandated by NHS that I should have access to them. I’ve managed to circumvent the system to a point by accessing ‘mydiabetesmyway’ but that only lets me the results pertaining to my T2 like hba1c and cholesterol.