again ) but does it sound like I managed to eat the amount of carbs to match the insulin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpy Porridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I will NOT be doing this again so please do not worry, I will find other ways to deal with my mental health ( and I will reply to the nice comments and messages I’ve had :) )

( oops title went a bit wrong )

I took 300 units ( 1 pen of novorapid at about half 4 in the afternoon yesterday )

I ate 3 slices of cake , 1 scone ( plus jam and cream ) bread and jam , bowl of pasta etc ) and few bowls of cereal after midnight ( fortunately at about 4, after some fizzy drink and the final bowl of cereal it wasn’t coming down like it had done . ( it seemed to have a bigger impact after midnight rather than a couple of hours after the overdose.
My question is does it sound like I have insulin resistance?? Does it sound like I had roughly 3000 grams of carbs ?( if I’m doing that sum correctly ( 1u= 10g carbs )

Last edited:

Grumpy Porridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Here is the libre graph

Attachments

• 018F9E76-E44B-4E89-9D29-CA04D0583E93.png
    018F9E76-E44B-4E89-9D29-CA04D0583E93.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 95

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Sounds like you had about 1000g carbs. Difficult to tell without knowing portion sizes etc

But also I have found that if I over eat.. bag of sweet.. family sized Doritos bag or something

That I can be injuring all night to fix it.. taking 5/6 time the expected insulin

So it could be something like that

Reactions: Grumpy Porridge

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I will NOT be doing this again so please do not worry, I will find other ways to deal with my mental health ( and I will reply to the nice comments and messages I’ve had :) )

( oops title went a bit wrong )

I took 300 units ( 1 pen of novorapid at about half 4 in the afternoon yesterday )

I ate 3 slices of cake , 1 scone ( plus jam and cream ) bread and jam , bowl of pasta etc ) and few bowls of cereal after midnight ( fortunately at about 4, after some fizzy drink and the final bowl of cereal it wasn’t coming down like it had done . ( it seemed to have a bigger impact after midnight rather than a couple of hours after the overdose.
My question is does it sound like I have insulin resistance?? Does it sound like I had roughly 3000 grams of carbs ?( if I’m doing that sum correctly ( 1u= 10g carbs )

Hi,

What have you been advised by your consultant regarding your personal insulin to carb ratio?

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you worry that you might have insulin resistance?? Anyway keep well. I hope things get better for you.

Reactions: Grumpy Porridge

Grumpy Porridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

What have you been advised by your consultant regarding your personal insulin to carb ratio?
Hi :)

I asked twice but they just said the general
Information (1 u= roughly 10g of carbs ) :(

Grumpy Porridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Should the overdose I took last night have gone completely out my system now ? So so
Glad I didn’t have to go to hospital .
Hate it there .

Grumpy Porridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds like you had about 1000g carbs. Difficult to tell without knowing portion sizes etc

But also I have found that if I over eat.. bag of sweet.. family sized Doritos bag or something

That I can be injuring all night to fix it.. taking 5/6 time the expected insulin

So it could be something like that
Thank you :) I sort of understand but at the same
Time don’t really understand sorry haha

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Should the overdose I took last night have gone completely out my system now ? So so
Glad I didn’t have to go to hospital .
Hate it there .

You should be seeking professional help, starting with your GP for refferal & not seeking advice regarding your practices on this forum.

It's not fair on yourself or someone who may unwittingly trigger.

Best wishes.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Thank you :) I sort of understand but at the same
Time don’t really understand sorry haha

Put it this way I stuff myself silly more than I need for a few days.. say I have 500g carbs I should need 50 units on 1:10 yes? But if I take 50 units I doesn’t touch it.. I can take an extra 20 units an hours for about 6 hours before it drops back to normal so 170 units 3 times what I need normally

If my rough calculation not know exactly what you ate .. but it sounds like quite a bit.. then it could take a lot more insulin than you think to correct it

On the other hand I do think you need to seek help so as not to be putting yourself in this situation

Grumpy Porridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just think it’s weird people saying 160 units was serious ( didn’t do anything to me) then I take 300 ( apart from annoyingly needing to eat quite regularly, again nothing ) .

I have had all the ‘professional help’ it’s not worth it I’m afraid. Doesn’t help atall, just makes you realise , you ARE alone.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Grumpy Porridge

I am concerned as to why you are taking so much insulin then eating carbs as an after effect to manage the amount of insulin you have taken, this is not the way to manage your diabetes.

Diabetes management is about calculating prior to eating how many carbs you are about to eat and then taking the measured dose of insulin. Taking high levels of insulin is playing a very dangerous game with your health. Running high/low is also damaging to your mental health, so many of us eat a low carb diet to keep our blood glucose levels stable, I was living with depression when my levels were running high/low, once I got better control my mental health also stablised and I felt loads better.

Please get some professional help outside of this forum - we cannot sit here and watch you continue this pattern of destructive behaviour, the forum is a good place to get support but with your ongoing issue with insulin you need to speak to your diabetic team as a matter of urgency and please also speak to Samaritans 116 123 if you need some mental support, best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.