Second HBA1C

Carl40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
First, end of January: 128

New one now: 47.

Considering that I was bringing my blood sugar levels down at the start of the three month period, I expect it will go lower next time. Seeing around 38/39 estimate based on sensor and finger prick readings.

Think that's a good start to this journey!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
First, end of January: 128

New one now: 47.

Considering that I was bringing my blood sugar levels down at the start of the three month period, I expect it will go lower next time. Seeing around 38/39 estimate based on sensor and finger prick readings.

Think that's a good start to this journey!
Significantly better than good. Try outstanding. Huge congratulations on all the hard work you obviously put in to place yourself in this vastly improved position - with the prospect of even more to come. You must be delighted.

Reactions: Sad21+ and Carl40

Carl40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Significantly better than good. Try outstanding. Huge congratulations onall the hard work to put yourself in this position.

Thank you!

Really pleased especially seeing as I've not had to give up the things I like.. just being more sensible :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

Carl40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
A great outcome!

Thanks.. i think having had a trial of some sensors has really helped.. being able to adjust insulin dose on the fly and seeing the effects of different dosages for different meals has been amazing.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant result! Well done!

Reactions: Carl40

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks.. i think having had a trial of some sensors has really helped.. being able to adjust insulin dose on the fly and seeing the effects of different dosages for different meals has been amazing.
I had a trial of the sensors and it really has helped me fine-tune my BG management - wish they were a bit cheaper though!!

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Awesome work, and I am sure you must be feeling better too.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
@Carl40 that's excellent

the main thing is.. do you feel better for it??

Carl40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
@Carl40 that's excellent

the main thing is.. do you feel better for it??

Thanks!

Definitely. Within a few days of starting my insulin regime I was no longer constantly thirsty or going to the toilet every five mins.

The thirst was interesting - never in my life has water (or any drink) been so refreshing. I could drink two or three pints of water in rapid succession and it felt amazing... now its back to normal which is great.

The one down side is I've been suffering from incredible fatigue since before I was diagnosed - a few weeks ago we found it was a vitamin d deficiency so was prescribed cholecalciferol (2 x 20,000 tablets once a week for eight weeks). I'm part way through the course and am starting to feel the benefits - the improvement has been amazing so far.

Think a few more weeks and I might feel better than I have for years!

Since diagnosis I've had a diabetic eye check - no issues at all. When I started insulin i had blurry vision for a few weeks so needed reading glasses - now very much back to 20/20 vision. Also had a foot check recently - very low risk. Blood pressure is "normal high" apparently - so no treatment needed there.

Also had a CT scan to check pancreas and liver - just in case! All fine.

Support from GP surgery has been amazing, especially given the pandemic.

Think having the libre2 trial helped a lot as it gave me easy, quick, direct information on the impact of insulin dosage and food intake. Think the rules around eligibility need to change for these - so much more useful than a finger prick!

Maroc03

Hi everyone, i was diagnosed with T2 on October 2020 my Hba1c was 140 then on January went down to 73 then now went down to 47 still aiming for lower but great full.

Stephyr7783

Well done on your Hba1c results! That’s tremendous. I had mine last week and isn’t it such a relief when you hear the numbers are going in the right direction! I started on the high 70s in October gone and I’m now down to 53, and have recently been able to reduce my amount of insulin. Hoping to be well into the mid 40s come the next one. I’ve had 2 lots of laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy and the most recent appt they were really happy with the results and no further deterioration..I nearly done a happy dance haha.

Carl40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, i was diagnosed with T2 on October 2020 my Hba1c was 140 then on January went down to 73 then now went down to 47 still aiming for lower but great full.

Nice one! That's amazing to go from such a high level! Well done :)

Carl40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done on your Hba1c results! That’s tremendous. I had mine last week and isn’t it such a relief when you hear the numbers are going in the right direction! I started on the high 70s in October gone and I’m now down to 53, and have recently been able to reduce my amount of insulin. Hoping to be well into the mid 40s come the next one. I’ve had 2 lots of laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy and the most recent appt they were really happy with the results and no further deterioration..I nearly done a happy dance haha.

Awesome! It's great to make such progress especially if you're suffering from complications with sight - bringing those levels down must reduce the risk massively.

Not sure if you've done this but I found the Libre2 trial really helpful in more closely managing blood sugar levels, given how low you've got it might not add anything to your routine but it might! Worth considering...