Thyroid gland problems?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm type2 and have tried all the diets and fasts but have been unable to lose any weight so I am having a blood test next week to see if my thyroid is functioning properly.
I have a lot of the symptoms.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/underactive-thyroid-hypothyroidism/symptoms/

I'm just wondering if anyone has this problem and if the treatment helped?
Quite a few of us have slow thyroids or Hashimoto's. Treatment usually does make a difference, but it takes a long time to get the dosage right and even then you might have symptoms, as what is considered perfection by lab, might not actually work for you. So keep trying and don't give up should you need more tweaking! But yes, it is very much worth it to try and get it sorted, even if it is a lot of work, should this be an issue for you. Aside from that, what diets have you tried? What do you eat in a typical day? Maybe there's some ground to be gained yet. I have Hashimoto's, and I do have trouble losing weight. I still went from about 105 kilo's to 80 though. (I did dip towards 75 for a bit, but then peri-menopause seemed to strike. Alas!).

T2 seldom comes alone, so whatever your results are, if something else crops up or whatever, do give a shout on the forum, there's usually people here who'll know what's what.