Omnipod Dash allergy cannula

JenJenM

Hi all,
Totally new here and wondering why because there is lots of useful info on here!

Just wondering if anyone has had such a bad time with the dash as I seem to have?
From a bent cannula to pods that just don't deliver insulin, to now thinking its tunnelling the insulin because my recent pod was wet when I took it off...

Just wondering if anyone has experienced an allergy to the cannula and if that caused a lower insulin delivery or not? And if anyone has managed to bypass the whole tunnelling issue? I love the control it gave me in the first 5 days ish, since then up to now which is the 2 week point, it's made me feel I'm better on MDI and I can't get my HbA1c lower than late 60s...

I mean, I'm also allergic to libre cannula and I'm sure the Dexcom is going the same way

Any help appreciated ❤

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I mean, I'm also allergic to libre cannula and I'm sure the Dexcom is going the same way

Can't comment on the insulin pump aspect but can comment on dexcom allergies, as I had to move from libre (so many reactions that it lost all accuracy) to dexcom and have had some reactions to the dexcom.

Dexcom currently recommend a barrier cream/spray first (I use cavilon but there are others) followed by a barrier patch if that does not work. Your dexcom rep should be able to give you the dexcom leaflet appropriate to your location.
I can give more information if you aren't already trying this. So far I'm OK but had to stop using dexcom on my arms which were for some reason much more allergic than my stomach? Having said all that, if you are sure it's the filament and not the sensor glue I'm not sure what you do.

JenJenM

Can't comment on the insulin pump aspect but can comment on dexcom allergies, as I had to move from libre (so many reactions that it lost all accuracy) to dexcom and have had some reactions to the dexcom.

Dexcom currently recommend a barrier cream/spray first (I use cavilon but there are others) followed by a barrier patch if that does not work. Your dexcom rep should be able to give you the dexcom leaflet appropriate to your location.
I can give more information if you aren't already trying this. So far I'm OK but had to stop using dexcom on my arms which were for some reason much more allergic than my stomach? Having said all that, if you are sure it's the filament and not the sensor glue I'm not sure what you do.

Thanks for this, unfortunately yes it's just the filament. It's annoying because the adhesive is fine (I got a dummy one before I had my real pump). There's a bit of tunnelling etc and I've changed to the front of my arms so maybe that will help?!

So frustrating!