Blood sugar isn't coming down

Jack111

Started fasting 2 weeks and a half ago for 16 hours every second day.

Haven't lost weight yet but hoping so soon.

Very difficult to do. I drink most nights which is extremely hard to give up.

Not sure why blood sugar hasn't come down. I was watching dr fungs video and apparently the blood sugar takes months to come down not sure why that long.

Sometimes I would rather be dead then deal with this.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What kind of levels are you seeing and what are you eating in your 8 hour window?

Reactions: EllieM

Jack111

Low carb such as from diet doctor. Mince, cheese, skim milk, mozzarella, ricotta etc, no more then 7 carbs per hundred. Blood glucose levels about 9-11 mm/l

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Are you on any medications yet? Your diet appears sensible but target the total daily carbs rather than the % carb in specific foods. I believe fasting is a bit of a gimmick but it's a matter of opinion. It does help Dr Mosely sell books, however.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What are you drinking, and how much a night? Some drinks are high in carbs.

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
Yes the glifozine medication and Metformin which really doesn't do much. Whiskey at night which has no carbs.
I was diagnosed 3.5 years ago HBA1C 53. I went low carb/high fat immediately and stopped all alcohol having previously drank up to or just over the recommended weekly maximum. My HBA1C fell rapidly to 40 and has stayed there. In my opinion and I'm no medical expert, whisky has no carbs, but alcohol does cause the liver to work hard to remove the toxins. While it is doing that it isn't doing the other things it should be as effectively and that is why I stopped drinking. Regarding your diet, I have found that my low carb diet works best when I eat plenty of fat. My advice would be to try to moderate or stop your drinking and experiment with added fat. (I know how hard it is to give up alcohol. I'm the last to pass judgement). For what it's worth I was pretty fit and not really overweight when I was diagnosed. I believe a lifetime of drinking at or a sometimes over the recommended limit, was the cause of my T2.
Good luck.

Reactions: lucylocket61