What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Our daughter from York is coming up this morning and staying overnight although a very sad visit since it is her friends funeral.

She was her very long term friend from school who died last week of cancer, she was 51 and has a young son aged 14. The funeral is today at midday.
Not a good day.

God give the family the strength to get through the loss of mother, wife, daughter, sister and friend to others.
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 today

rainy morning and we were up early and out to do the shopping :) My knee is a bit better today thank you though it's rather stiff, I think it's mainly the muscles behind my knee :sorry: Good job we got some grass cut yesterday though.

good advice @lindisfel I shall be looking out for one to wear when gardening I think :)

the rain has stopped for now but I think I've given my knee enough gentle exercise for today pottering round the shops with a trolley ;)

From a cupboard under the stairs we dug out a cool box which plugs into the 12v socket in the car. (mr gee says it has a peltier ;)), we took it out with us to try and put mum's ice cream in until we got it back to the freezer. Works pretty well :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - looks like a lovely spot to spend an evening :)

@gennepher - there are lots of wasps visit mum's garden too, unfortunately she is frightened because her face puffed up after being stung by a bee :sorry:
nice sketch with your new app. though I do agree there tends to be a big learning curve with new ones. Popeye is on guard I see ;)

@dunelm - hugs for the snuffly colds, I like the reflections of your sailing junk and look forward to seeing your ideas worked out :)

art bit -

painted on CP Bockingford paper and based on a screen cap from an episode of Poirot :hilarious:, I liked the composition ;)

View attachment 49879
Thank you @geefull and good that your knee is on the mend. Lovely beach scene from you, smashing cliffs and a carefully worked beach.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

I give up. Cat was crawling all over my iPad after I had done the sky in SketchesProApp. Which by the way I thought was quite competent. But it went downhill from there. He reset settings with his paw pad, he made another layer which altered the colour settings too, and managed to duplicate the painting which I could not achieve, and changed other stuff so I was unable to correct some lines, and did something to colour fill and so I was unable to colour fill and he ended up a tabby...

This took two hours to achieve, and I need a lie down with smelling salts...

Here is this morning's painting warts and all...
This app is intuitive for a cat to operate, but not for a simple minded human...

View attachment 49896
Fabulously cartoonist

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone on another brightly blue coloured start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of half the ingredients for a full English came in at 4.8 this am - what the Heck!

When the sun is shining -
Shining with all his might; and doing his very best to make the billows smooth and bright (sorry Mr Carroll) - anyhow - Mr Blackbird drops in for a spot of sun bathing - a real contortionist act - not a very good photo but you get the idea.
Partial solar eclipse day - don’t stare too hard. Probably going to be hot today, but maybe not hot enough to grill a health minister.

Must go, the girl in the bubble will be here shortly for fun and games. Have a great day, drink koffy, protect the …

upload_2021-6-10_8-5-8.jpeg

upload_2021-6-10_8-4-55.jpeg

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Took dogs out very early as it is going to be another very hot day here.very

Have perfected my little pancake recipe which is absolutely delicious with lemon juice and erythritol. I used to love the little buckwheat pancakes I made before LC and the chia seed protein powder pancakes taste very much like them.

Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and again no time for frivolitities, just sheer enjoyment as life should be.

A 5.6 this post bin day morning.

I shall have catch up on posts later.

Please stay safe, stay well and stay apart.

Footnote stay away from the doom laden media.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.

7.15am FBG 6.4

Cloudy start to the day, which was good as I wanted to dig another row to widen a vegetable bed. Sun came out just as I finished. That's where I am planning to plant beans. However they have not yet appeared above ground and I am wondering if it is too late/warm for them now? Mangetout are coming up. Apparently they need a bit of shelter from the sun and I was counting on the beans to provide this.

The mysteries of crop rotation are exercising my brain. Why do some plans include lettuce while others leave them out entirely?

Having had an excess of bean plants last year, (there were some in every bed)it's difficult to know where to start.

There are also some seeds already in the garden and ofc they were planted as convenient at the time with not much planning.

Then there is companion planting, which doesn't seem to fit with crop rotation. ...

Carrots and onions together for example.

Completely flummoxed and brought to a halt by 50 leek plants. Where should they go?

There are still last year's leeks to dig out. Some of them now up to my chin, the flowers are pretty. But I would rather have something useful growing there.

MrSlim cut me some beanpoles yesterday.

20210609_180038(0).jpg

Here you can see last year's leeks waiting for me to deal with them. As well as the beanpoles
20210610_121020.jpg

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone on another brightly blue coloured start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of half the ingredients for a full English came in at 4.8 this am - what the Heck!

Shining with all his might; and doing his very best to make the billows smooth and bright (sorry Mr Carroll) - anyhow - Mr Blackbird drops in for a spot of sun bathing - a real contortionist act - not a very good photo but you get the idea.
Partial solar eclipse day - don’t stare too hard. Probably going to be hot today, but maybe not hot enough to grill a health minister.

Must go, the girl in the bubble will be here shortly for fun and games. Have a great day, drink koffy, protect the …

View attachment 49900

View attachment 49899
A fine sketch of a junk, them junk sailors are working hard.

I see you can turn your artistic skills to wood carving, self portrait?

Blackbird must be related to the one who regularly performs on our shed roof. :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Bet they sprout. :)
On the bean seed packet it doesn't give an approximate height, although it does say vigorous. Many of these "beanpoles" are four metres or more...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 49900

View attachment 49899
The blackbirds really enjoy this sun don't they @dunelm
A marvelous Junk on a tidal wave...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

7.15am FBG 6.4

Cloudy start to the day, which was good as I wanted to dig another row to widen a vegetable bed. Sun came out just as I finished. That's where I am planning to plant beans. However they have not yet appeared above ground and I am wondering if it is too late/warm for them now? Mangetout are coming up. Apparently they need a bit of shelter from the sun and I was counting on the beans to provide this.

The mysteries of crop rotation are exercising my brain. Why do some plans include lettuce while others leave them out entirely?

Having had an excess of bean plants last year, (there were some in every bed)it's difficult to know where to start.

There are also some seeds already in the garden and ofc they were planted as convenient at the time with not much planning.

Then there is companion planting, which doesn't seem to fit with crop rotation. ...

Carrots and onions together for example.

Completely flummoxed and brought to a halt by 50 leek plants. Where should they go?

There are still last year's leeks to dig out. Some of them now up to my chin, the flowers are pretty. But I would rather have something useful growing there.

View attachment 49902
Here you can see last year's leeks waiting for me to deal with them. As well as the beanpoles View attachment 49903
An awful lot to do @SlimLizzy
You are very good at growing plenty of vegetables
Make sure you take some rest this hot day..

Reactions: jjraak

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.5 today

volunteering day today, a day of three steamers ;)

steamer one, the steamy weather, very humid here today :sorry:

steamer two, the big shed's industrial clothes steamer which came to a stinky end, emiting a nasty electrical burning smell :( you'd better believe I yanked the wall plug in a hurry :hilarious:

steamer three, the slightly weird and wonderful looking steamer pan set we bought from the charity shop, it's got a special tier for juicing fruit to make preserves, never seen one before but the base and steamer are really well made stainless steel with silicon handles :D

hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I'm definitely a convert to that cold box, it's going to be very useful :)

@SlimLizzy - looks like you're knocking things into shape, hard work though :)

@gennepher - a hug for the frustration. Popeye looks quite fetching in his blue tabby livery ;) but things never seem to be quite where you expect in apps do they?

@dunelm - serious wave action going on there, hard work for an intrepid sampan :)

art bit - odd half and half weather some days:)

upload_2021-6-10_21-40-40.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great fbg and good that today's classes are local. How far is Norwich for you? - we are apparently 42 miles away but I've never considered it as an alternative to Cambridge even though it is obviously bigger, or maybe because of that.
We are about 20 miles from Norwich. It usually only takes about 25 minutes to get there and it is quite an easy drive along the A47. At the moment it is a nightmare because of the roadworks on the southern bypass and it is taking me twice as long.

Cambridge is a beautiful city and I am not surprised you enjoy visiting it.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.5 today

volunteering day today, a day of three steamers ;)

steamer one, the steamy weather, very humid here today :sorry:

steamer two, the big shed's industrial clothes steamer which came to a stinky end, emiting a nasty electrical burning smell :( you'd better believe I yanked the wall plug in a hurry :hilarious:

steamer three, the slightly weird and wonderful looking steamer pan set we bought from the charity shop, it's got a special tier for juicing fruit to make preserves, never seen one before but the base and steamer are really well made stainless steel with silicon handles :D

hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I'm definitely a convert to that cold box, it's going to be very useful :)

@SlimLizzy - looks like you're knocking things into shape, hard work though :)

@gennepher - a hug for the frustration. Popeye looks quite fetching in his blue tabby livery ;) but things never seem to be quite where you expect in apps do they?

@dunelm - serious wave action going on there, hard work for an intrepid sampan :)

art bit - odd half and half weather some days:)

View attachment 49911
Thank you @geefull - Yes, a Sampan (boat) rather than a Junk (ship) - a Sampan does not usually have a mast but some do have one (blooming posh folk). Steamergate mixed messages but nothing mixed about your art. Your excellent style demonstrating how you can be basking in sunshine one minute and reaching for a sou'wester the next.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from what feels like a teeny bit cooler start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of home made low fat burger with eggs and mushrooms came in at 4.8 this am. Mrs Miggins fancied a stir fry with sticky rice so I made her a vegetable one and a Desmond Course ‘balanced’ meal was achieved.

Another totter round the park yesterday with the girl in the bubble and bumped into one of our nieces with her small person in the children's play area - swings are very popular with the girl in the bubble, nearly as much as talking to ducks and geese. A walk into town and another popular activity for the girl - Captain of a large sanitised shopping trolley, scourge of the supermarket isles, hunting for Snarks.

This hot weather is not to my liking. It’s like taking the star roll in the paring of cheese upon toast. I have a couple of paintings on the go but not yet fully complete in my head - so, here is an enso - with a little sampan, just because. Have a good day if you can, I need a koffy.

upload_2021-6-11_6-16-27.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967