ENDLESS ALARM AWAKENINGS

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
I must have been woken up by Libre 2 alarm 4 or 5 times last night!
I set the alarms for low glucose 4.0, and high glucose 9.5.
Again today, I had a snooze, early afternoon, and the alarm went off at 3.9 (apparently), but within about 7 minutes, it read at 7.2! I don't believe it!
Some here have mentioned pressure readings, and I was resting on the arm that has the sensor on it, so I am wondering whether that influenced the 3.9 buzz?
It's often the case, I have noticed, that went I am lying down, BG goes lower, and when I stand up, it rises, so that could be another factor?
Its interesting too, that the graph looked more like a reading of around 5.0 mmols, than 3.9 in the obvious dip...
I had a series of different readings following the 3.9: 5.7, 6.7, 7.2, 6.6, 6.1, 5.9, 5.9, 5.3, 5.7, 5.9 . My sense is that the measurements became more accurate, the longer I was upright?
Any comments on these observations?

Last edited:

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Lying on my LIbre 1 sensor (and now Dexcom G6 sensor) causes false low readings. I still finger prick to check if they are below 3.5 mmol/l.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionChild

StewM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I must have been woken up by Libre 2 alarm 4 or 5 times last night!
I set the alarms for low glucose 4.0, and high glucose 9.5.
Again today, I had a snooze, early afternoon, and the alarm went off at 3.9 (apparently), but within about 7 minutes, it read at 7.2! I don't believe it!
Some here have mentioned pressure readings, and I was resting on the arm that has the sensor on it, so I am wondering whether that influenced the 3.9 buzz?
It's often the case, I have noticed, that went I am lying down, BG goes lower, and when I stand up, it rises, so that could be another factor?
Its interesting too, that the graph looked more like a reading of around 5.0 mmols, than 3.9 in the obvious dip...
I had a series of different readings following the 3.9: 5.7, 6.7, 7.2, 6.6, 6.1, 5.9, 5.9, 5.3, 5.7, 5.9 . My sense is that the measurements became more accurate, the longer I was upright?
Any comments on these observations?
If I see this and it doesn’t match my Blood Sugar Readings I just set the threshold for a Low higher.

If the readings are accurate that’s obviously a very different problem and depends on a lot of factors.

*Edit* Should have written Thresholds for a Low Lower (cause setting it higher would make the problem worse).

Last edited:

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
If I see this and it doesn’t match my Blood Sugar Readings I just set the threshold for a Low higher.

If the readings are accurate that’s obviously a very different problem and depends on a lot of factors.

Yes, this is my first experience, so I am learning! No, there is no way this is accurate as it is a very sudden change to my usual readings which has happened since moving on to Libre 2.

StewM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, this is my first experience, so I am learning! No, there is no way this is accurate as it is a very sudden change to my usual readings which has happened since moving on to Libre 2.
The one word of caution I’d offer to that is, if you haven’t corroborated with Blood Tests, is it’s possible the Libre 1 was more inaccurate than your Libre 2 and as such you should corroborate with your Blood Testing kit to identify which is the inaccurate one.

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
The one word of caution I’d offer to that is, if you haven’t corroborated with Blood Tests, is it’s possible the Libre 1 was more inaccurate than your Libre 2 and as such you should corroborate with your Blood Testing kit to identify which is the inaccurate one.

Yes, I agree.

Gafspa

I’ve really struggled with my last two sensors getting incorrect readings.
I’m now finger pricking every low alarm as more often than not they are wrong.
My graph is doing what yours is, when it’s been incorrect it then shows on graph as higher and more inline with results getting from my meter.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @LionChild ,

I find the L2 pretty much consistently bang on the button, within 0.6mmol to my meter. (& I've no need to bed it in for 2 days either.)
Have you considered siting the sensor inside the arm? Less likely to put pressure on it.. (& causing a compression low.)

Now to be fair. When/if I get genuine hypos. I tend to snooze the alarm with the 3rd party ap I use.for 45 minutes & check with my meter.
These sensors can be slow to register a recovery from a low before either I feel I'm back or the meter says so..