Type 2 Stress and Testing results

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi had a bit of a stressful 3 days with my dad, finding out he had covid and ended up in hospital the same day with neumonia. We caught just in time and now they trying to discharge him to come home even though he got covid and neumonia and he is 83 and lives by himself and the only person who can help him is me (could not make it up)

Sorry about rambling, at the end of monday it was 5.3,5.8 and 7.3 which is high for me its usualy between 5 and 6. Next day 5.1,5.9 and 7.7. I thought must be the stress of whats going on so i will skip my midday meal so i only had 4 eggs and cheese in the morning and a 200g serloin steak for dinner. Still ended up with a 7.1 which was realy strange as i though it smooth out the end of day curve abit

Its dropping back to 5.1,4,7 and whatever tomorrow will be so a good night sleep is helping with a 12+ hr gap inbetween eating. Does anyone else experience this when in stressful situations as its all new to me. Thanks for any info and advice :)

ps had a PCR test and it was negative so i am covid free

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Stress always makes my glucose levels rise. It's something that most of us find to be true. Glad to hear that your test results are returning to what is normal for you.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry to hear all that. Sadly the discharging too early was a common occurrence even before Covid. I worked on the support line of a carers support organisation and some of the stories were horrific.
Sometimes quoting the phrase "unsafe discharge" can buy a few days while you try to insist they sort out care.

As for you, yes stress may well raise levels but just continue to eat low carb and try not to fall into the trap of comfort eating carbs. Your levels sound very good for the situation, mine would have been much higher. Better you worry about Dad and know your levels will sort them selves out over a few days

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Hi had a bit of a stressful 3 days with my dad, finding out he had covid and ended up in hospital the same day with neumonia. We caught just in time and now they trying to discharge him to come home even though he got covid and neumonia and he is 83 and lives by himself and the only person who can help him is me (could not make it up)

Sorry about rambling, at the end of monday it was 5.3,5.8 and 7.3 which is high for me its usualy between 5 and 6. Next day 5.1,5.9 and 7.7. I thought must be the stress of whats going on so i will skip my midday meal so i only had 4 eggs and cheese in the morning and a 200g serloin steak for dinner. Still ended up with a 7.1 which was realy strange as i though it smooth out the end of day curve abit

Its dropping back to 5.1,4,7 and whatever tomorrow will be so a good night sleep is helping with a 12+ hr gap inbetween eating. Does anyone else experience this when in stressful situations as its all new to me. Thanks for any info and advice :)

ps had a PCR test and it was negative so i am covid free
Oh your poor dad! What a time he has had and how stressful and worrying for you. I'm certain this would affect your readings. I know it would for me.

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everyone. It was 7.1 last night and 4.9 this morning. Only other thing i can think of i am 14.2 stone this week so down almost 3 stone, maybe i dont need to eat as much now so just going to try 2 meals again to day and see how my bloods look :)

I might be drinking to much coffee as well, so going to drink less of that today :)

Last edited:
Reactions: coby

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Thanks everyone. It was 7.1 last night and 4.9 this morning. Only other thing i can think of i am 14.2 stone this week so down almost 3 stone, maybe i dont need to eat as much now so just going to try 2 meals again to day and see how my bloods look :)

I might be drinking to much coffee as well, so going to drink less of that today :)
Well done on such a loss! I have lost a stone, with still another to lose to be my perfect weight. I've not lost any for three weeks so I may do that too (forgo a meal) to see if it kick starts my loss

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

well done on the 3 stone weight loss, I’m trying to lose 3 stone.

Reactions: coby