3rd dead sensor in a week

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had 2 sensors die this week and my third already seems to be dying ( is reading LO incorrectly and doesn't raise with sugar, have verified with BG test).

Anyone else experiencing something similar recently?
As far as I can tell I haven't changed anything about how I apply them....

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@TheLazarusProject what sensors are you referring to? Do they all have the same lot number? Have you reported the problems to the manufacturer? Are you hydrated? Are you putting any pressure on the sensors?

Sorry for all the questions but you haven't given much to go on.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I have had a lot sensors fail since moving to Libre 2, not 3 in one week thankfully. That would be very frustrating. Abbott have always replaced them. I do wonder if Libre 2 is still being refined. The length of time you wait on the phone would suggest they are having a lot of issues reported. Hope things improve

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
I only started cgm since March, libre 2. Overall I have only experienced the odd sensor falling off after I have bumped it a door frame. Bit of a disaster this afternoon. Quickly changing sensor before attending a funeral & must have pierced a tiny blood vessel. Blood was spurting from the centre of the sensor. Hoping this was a one off!
Sensor is surprisingly working.
Hope you have just been unlucky

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@TheLazarusProject what sensors are you referring to? Do they all have the same lot number? Have you reported the problems to the manufacturer? Are you hydrated? Are you putting any pressure on the sensors?

Sorry for all the questions but you haven't given much to go on.

Libre 2 - moderately hydrated,
I think I have probably slept on it at night, is that enough to kill it completely?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. My current sensor is not reading correctly at times and occasionally comes up with the with the 'wait 10 minutes' error. Abbott have replaced it.

Gafspa

I’m on my 3rd sensor and have been experiencing problems. I’ve had 3 false hypos in 4 days since I put it on. My alarm has just gone off, reading was 2.9 on my monitor says I’m 5.1.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My sensor died today, it's first time it has happened to me.

Mandi29

Hi, I too have had more Libre 2 sensor fails, 4 fails in 3 weeks and i've hardly had any with the libre 1. Thinking of going back to Libre 1 to avoid this and the frequent alerts from Libre 2!

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Currently my Libre 2 is held on with numerous plasters! It’s reading low and I plan to ring Abbott’s tomorrow morning. I never had a problem with Libre 1 but this is the third Libre 2 that’s failed. 2 have come off and one was way out and when I removed it the needle was really bent.

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
I would concur with most of these criticisms of Libre 2 as my experience has been similar. What I would say in its favour however is that in general (very general), I would say Libre 2 is more accurate than Libre 1.
But.
I also had 2 supposed hypos the other night, with alarm, (according to Libre 2), which is an unusual event these days, and especially since my dinner had not been particularly different that night, nor had there been any other variables that I was aware of.
I suspect pressure on my arm might be the reason for these hypo alarms and showings on the graph, but I am not yet feeling comfortable to move the sensor, and Libre 1, as far as I know, did not respond to the pressure on my arm, by indicating I had had a hypo (but I might be wrong about that conclusion).
I have also found that the graph at another point in time was showing higher than the readings (so that seems like it might be contradictory)?
I keep getting the alarm going off in the daytime too, to tell me there is no signal - which is a nuisance, and showing the symbol that there is no connection.

What I find a bit surprising is why Abbott themselves have issued this thing, clearly without proper or effective, meaningful trials....?

Otherwise how could there be so many problems with it?

hodders

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Still with libre 1 here. 2 failures and one just fell off. I have used this system since it virtually came out. Never had failures before, something must have changed.
My current sensor is now held on with the ever attractive tagederm, won't stop a failure but at least it should stay on. Wouldn't mind but it is hardly summer in the Midlands.

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Still with libre 1 here. 2 failures and one just fell off. I have used this system since it virtually came out. Never had failures before, something must have changed.
My current sensor is now held on with the ever attractive tagederm, won't stop a failure but at least it should stay on. Wouldn't mind but it is hardly summer in the Midlands.
Hi
I have just phoned Abbott’s as my latest Libre 2 was hanging on my a thread after 4 days. Very helpful customer service who told me they are aware of the issues and in the meantime any problem give them a ring. She offered a replacement for me immediately. I have just also got myself some Tegaderm, hoping this will help.

Reactions: LionChild

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I've had 2 sensors die this week and my third already seems to be dying ( is reading LO incorrectly and doesn't raise with sugar, have verified with BG test).

Anyone else experiencing something similar recently?
As far as I can tell I haven't changed anything about how I apply them....

It can happen if dehydrated as it uses the fluid under the skin and not blood... pressure can cause it too..

But if you are drinking enough, and not applying pressure then yes faulty.. confirm with atheist 3 tests as Abbott will ask for that