ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
So happy for you. I love these updates. I have been knocked back by a few things in my body going wrong. You are motivating me to get back up and fight again.
Thank you
You are a winner and a fighter. You inspire me too.
My practice nurse has deleted the insulin and needles from my prescription list on the NHS computer system. So if I get a huccup I'm going to hv to go through hospital all over again. Gulp! Scary but I'm telling myself it's OK.
Well for me... a carb is evoking more insulin to be generated and hunger. Carb hunger and hunger for anything really. Hence 2lb-4lb weight gain. High protein eating doesn't do that to me. However too much metformin gives loose tum but not enough causes constipation which I've found is more damaging for my new discovered bowel situation.
Constant reconfirmation of my liver health management is the answer to my diabetes awaking. This I have no doubt.
Where are you right now? Is it diabetes your biggest concern?
As you know if diabetes is good it helps with most things. I just needed my diabetes set back as far as I could take it. It was way out of control. Now I know hw it starts and how to close it down. Thankfully.
I just need an excellent hba1c now. I'm getting a blood test next week but then I want one 3mths later to get true perspective of no insulin injected. If hba1c and c-peptide good I'm hoping to go under my GP care only. Hopefully.
I cannot wait to tell my surgeon my good news.
Just have opposite end troubles to solve now but lansoprazole and Roux-en-y has dampened any acid reflux effects which was horrendous. No more, thank god.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You are a winner and a fighter. You inspire me too.
My practice nurse has deleted the insulin and needles from my prescription list on the NHS computer system. So if I get a huccup I'm going to hv to go through hospital all over again. Gulp! Scary but I'm telling myself it's OK.
Well for me... a carb is evoking more insulin to be generated and hunger. Carb hunger and hunger for anything really. Hence 2lb-4lb weight gain. High protein eating doesn't do that to me. However too much metformin gives loose tum but not enough causes constipation which I've found is more damaging for my new discovered bowel situation.
Constant reconfirmation of my liver health management is the answer to my diabetes awaking. This I have no doubt.
Where are you right now? Is it diabetes your biggest concern?
As you know if diabetes is good it helps with most things. I just needed my diabetes set back as far as I could take it. It was way out of control. Now I know hw it starts and how to close it down. Thankfully.
I just need an excellent hba1c now. I'm getting a blood test next week but then I want one 3mths later to get true perspective of no insulin injected. If hba1c and c-peptide good I'm hoping to go under my GP care only. Hopefully.
I cannot wait to tell my surgeon my good news.
Just have opposite end troubles to solve now but lansoprazole and Roux-en-y has dampened any acid reflux effects which was horrendous. No more, thank god.
You have worked so hard to get here, so glad it's working out for you.
I can't really talk about myself at the moment. I had a bad appointment with my GP and I am still upset about it. Angry too. Maybe later
X

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
You have worked so hard to get here, so glad it's working out for you.
I can't really talk about myself at the moment. I had a bad appointment with my GP and I am still upset about it. Angry too. Maybe later
X
I understand. They can effect us more than they realise. One retired GP told me "well you are still overweight". Really? As if I didn't know. Those kind of comments can evoke eating disorders in a person who only has half their digestive system. Or even those who have a full one, eh? I used to be effected by everything I was told by medical people. Even out of date nurses. I've had more negativity from out of date nurses than anything else. However my diabetic nurses are fantastic. They listen. A great team. I have a new GP practice nurse and she's great too. She has excellent life experience. That cannot be taught from a text book. I feel we need to educate them just as much as they educating us. I guess it should be a partnership.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ickihun what brilliant, amazing results. Well done you and long may you continue to succeed. I admire your perseverance.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well I had my hba1c yesterday so will have a result of just a few weeks of no insulin. The next one will be more telling.

Reactions: KK123

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hba1c is 49 on insulin. Next hba1c will be on no insulin.
Will be getting discharged back to GP soon.
I cannot wait to hv my old pre-children diabetic medical status. I've wish for this for soooo long.
Having some reactive hypoglycemia but combating with mixed protein and carb foods. Carb (e.g potato) then with any fish or cheese to finish. Nuts before bed to give fibre and block liver dump. Cheese and nuts rotated with other fatty proteins to stop boredom.
Yogarts added to nuts to vary tastes. Off/on.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just an update.
My Bariatric surgeon wrote and is impressed and delighted with me now on nil units of insulin.
I'm not sure if he fully realises that I'm still diabetes as I use metform and I'm still have a hba1c level as diabetic. Well I think he most likely does but I think because of my pleasure at the opportunity to lose the insulin therapy and fulfill my aim safely may have overwhelmed him. I am very very happy about this.
Without huge weight loss I would be still on insulin now.
I cannot thank Sunderland Hospitals teams enough who enabled me to shift huge weight off and I'm surprised I'm not losing more weight but I'm stuck again but at 14st 11lb. I'm still overweight via BMI measures. I'm not distressed about my plateau but maybe I need breathing space to be able to carry on to improve my weight status. I'd have to do strick under 600cals but high protein plus low carb for a few months then level up (plateau) once more. I think!
I'm not ready to take that fight on yet. In fact I'm incredibly exhausted most days with disturbed sleep from looking after my extra needing son and very bad leg cramps. I'm trying quinine via GP and last night I had no leg pain waking me up. Hurray!
I have only just recovered (3 mths ago) from a laparoscopic cholecystectomy and full adhesioysis whilst under. Neither wonder I'm knackered. Ha ha. :) :) :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I was curious as to how the medics see a possibility to stopping insulin therapy once c-peptide shows own insulin production.

I found this....
injected insulin can be used for several days or weeks to reduce glucose and help the pancreas to revert back to its usual level of functioning — a level that can control glucose supported by oral medicines. Once this occurs, insulin can be stopped.

I'm going to search for medics explanation of even stopping medications that evoke MORE insulin instead of Injecting more!!!
Please join in if you find more or extra info which can help others.

I'm reluctant to replace injected insulin for tablets or similar to evoke more insulin which may dry up my pancreas cells. And add weight. However I'm constantly exhausted since stopping insulin injections and hv only lost approx. 3lb in weight.
Common sense tells me to use medication available to make me feel well but at what cost and once again is this exhaustion a temporary period until my body has been retrained to supply the correct amount of insulin and when. Or will this never happen so I should control with evoked more insulin?
I'm receiving my medical options this morning. I will use their recommendations but it needs in be in-line with my plans of possibly getting rid of type2. if it's medically possible for me.
So far I'm not having it easy. I'm bouncing around alot (numerology on my glucose meter) hence tiredness, I'm thinking.
I'm eating high protein low carb and low calorie. I just need a more healthy feeling to match more steady glucose levels.
I may have to hv a future back operation so getting this right is important for healing and less risk of infection. Last thing I need is an unhealing whole in my skin in my back. It would be horrendous and hugely painful. More than I hv now with a out of place vertabrae bone with trapped nerves but my spinal cord is semi OK but that may change with inflammation or more rookie bone movement.
See how important good control is for me at this procise moment in time?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Wow! Just wow ickihun, that's brilliant news. So pleased for you.

Re waking in the night, do you drink diet drinks? I and some of my friends have found we need the bathroom less at night if we don't drink them. Having said that, I did wake tonight lol
Hi @zand. I had a nurse for a problem relating to my back pinching my nerves and she said exactly the same. I thought of this thread. You are good to me. Thank you. She said its the bubbles which can cause the problem of more frequent uses of the bathroom. Do you agree or is it the sugar replacements which irritate the bladder? Or both?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @zand. I had a nurse for a problem relating to my back pinching my nerves and she said exactly the same. I thought of this thread. You are good to me. Thank you. She said its the bubbles which can cause the problem of more frequent uses of the bathroom. Do you agree or is it the sugar replacements which irritate the bladder? Or both?
I think it's both but mostly the sugar replacements for me, as sparkling mineral water isn't so bad.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was curious as to how the medics see a possibility to stopping insulin therapy once c-peptide shows own insulin production.

I found this....
injected insulin can be used for several days or weeks to reduce glucose and help the pancreas to revert back to its usual level of functioning — a level that can control glucose supported by oral medicines. Once this occurs, insulin can be stopped.

I'm going to search for medics explanation of even stopping medications that evoke MORE insulin instead of Injecting more!!!
Please join in if you find more or extra info which can help others.

I'm reluctant to replace injected insulin for tablets or similar to evoke more insulin which may dry up my pancreas cells. And add weight. However I'm constantly exhausted since stopping insulin injections and hv only lost approx. 3lb in weight.
Common sense tells me to use medication available to make me feel well but at what cost and once again is this exhaustion a temporary period until my body has been retrained to supply the correct amount of insulin and when. Or will this never happen so I should control with evoked more insulin?
I'm receiving my medical options this morning. I will use their recommendations but it needs in be in-line with my plans of possibly getting rid of type2. if it's medically possible for me.
So far I'm not having it easy. I'm bouncing around alot (numerology on my glucose meter) hence tiredness, I'm thinking.
I'm eating high protein low carb and low calorie. I just need a more healthy feeling to match more steady glucose levels.
I may have to hv a future back operation so getting this right is important for healing and less risk of infection. Last thing I need is an unhealing whole in my skin in my back. It would be horrendous and hugely painful. More than I hv now with a out of place vertabrae bone with trapped nerves but my spinal cord is semi OK but that may change with inflammation or more rookie bone movement.
See how important good control is for me at this procise moment in time?
How long have you felt exhausted? Are you able to eat enough to be nourished? Positive vibes to you.

Reactions: Amyj30