Libre sensor

H4yi3y

Hi, I have another question about the libre 2 sensor. I did text& ask my DSN but she hasn’t got back to me. I saw someone say that they put their sensor in a whole 24 hours before they activate it. Is this what I’m supposed to be doing? Mine is due to be changed in 2 days and this one I have in is my first so I’m still learning. My DSN didn’t really tell me much about the libre though she just stuck it on and sent me on my way and I’m seeing loads of different stuff about it on here! does it matter if I just put it in and then activate it right away and use it?

boggle

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I put mine in and scan it. 1 hour and its good to go for me.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I used to do it 24 hours before with the libre 1, with libre 2 I have to do it at least 48 hours before, I usually do 72 though, it's just not accurate for me otherwise. If it's accurate straight away then you don't need to attach it in advance.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As you'd expect - wildly different opinions!

I have been using Libre pretty much since the start. For the majority of that time I have been applying it a day before starting it. For a few months I did it two days before. But as an opposite example, just this week I had a particularly inaccurate rogue sensor which I had applied 24 hours ahead. It was so bad, in frustration I ripped it off. I applied a new one and started immediately. Spot on!

No rhyme nor reason. What ever works. If immediate doesn't work for you, try 24hrs and see how it goes.

HTH

gaz_46

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I have another question about the libre 2 sensor. I did text& ask my DSN but she hasn’t got back to me. I saw someone say that they put their sensor in a whole 24 hours before they activate it. Is this what I’m supposed to be doing? Mine is due to be changed in 2 days and this one I have in is my first so I’m still learning. My DSN didn’t really tell me much about the libre though she just stuck it on and sent me on my way and I’m seeing loads of different stuff about it on here! does it matter if I just put it in and then activate it right away and use it?
Yes , you put sensor on arm then scan it , it will tell you 1 hour and count down after that it will be registered and you can use it for two weeks hope this helps

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky

It's your choice. I think most people put the new sensor on at the appointed time indicated under 'system', and just put up with the bedding in problems that often cause peculiar very highs and lows...

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
As you'd expect - wildly different opinions!

I have been using Libre pretty much since the start. For the majority of that time I have been applying it a day before starting it. For a few months I did it two days before. But as an opposite example, just this week I had a particularly inaccurate rogue sensor which I had applied 24 hours ahead. It was so bad, in frustration I ripped it off. I applied a new one and started immediately. Spot on!

No rhyme nor reason. What ever works. If immediate doesn't work for you, try 24hrs and see how it goes.

HTH

Be careful when you 'rip' it off! I have concerns for you!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you still have to wear the miao miao with Libre 2 to get readings on watch ?

Hi,

Depends.. Which watch do you use?
Some are "wearables" tethered to the phone?

I have a stand alone watch which needs a BT bridge to read the L2 sensor? But I also needed a firmware update for the bridge due to the algorithm in the sensor?
The actual Bluetooth on the Libre 2 however transmits directly to my phone app..

Hello.

I've read different experiences on the "bedding in period."

My own is that especially with the Libre 2s they take to me after the hour startup time..
That's not to say I've not had the odd one waiting in the wings to be used & bedded for 4hours prior to activation.
But that's normally due to a changeover needed whilst out? Maybe at work..

I feel if planting the sensor then activating immidiatly works for you..?
There's no "dark art"to it. Then why change your way... :)