What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I watched Mrs Caldicott's Cabbage War @ianpspurs
With the aid of my LiveTranscribe on my Pixel phone.

It is so close to reality (my experiences in something) in the first part for me.
Déjà Vu.....

I enjoyed it.
So glad you enjoyed it but obviously sad for you that the first part was hurtful. I'm glad neither my own parents or MIL went through that experience. Sadly, I really do think despite the bull that is going to be an all too familiar story whilst England undergoes this breakdown it self indulgently wallows in. You take care, we all love you enormously.

Reactions: dunelm

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Cabbage Wars sounds interesting
FBG 6.9 We had visitors and lot of carb laden food yesterday.
Hopefully back to LC today.
Discussion about Christmas arrangements on 10.10 pushed me into eating a whole packet of chocolate biscuits. Stupid as I know it won't actually help. Several glasses of wine too, have explained about the electrician and roofer, so now got until mid November to decide. Its always such a lot of driving though as the family is spread out. At best we would be going Portsmouth to mid wales, then Milton Keynes then back to Portsmouth and there is the cat to consider. Also the cost. Ferry companies hike the price over xmas.
Up until now was thinking to stay here, but am now under pressure from family to join in the festivities. However nobody is prepared to host traditional family gathering of 25+ people so hotel booking required for boxing day night added to the cost.
Beautiful morning here, mist burning off to reveal glorious autumn day, but am still feeling groggy from too many carbs (and too much wine) so not properly started on the day yet. Maybe one more cup of coffee will get me going?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So glad you enjoyed it but obviously sad for you that the first part was hurtful. I'm glad neither my own parents or MIL went through that experience. Sadly, I really do think despite the bull that is going to be an all too familiar story whilst England undergoes this breakdown it self indulgently wallows in. You take care, we all love you enormously.
Thanks @ianpspurs
Yes it was hurtful...

I agree, sadly there will be more of this kind of stuff because of greed one way or another. I need to keep as fully functioning as I can, as this cat has done all his life. He is 29 and a half now. He doesn't want to leave me, and has no intention of passing the baton on to another cat (there are 3 in the sidelines literally waiting at the moment, but Popeye says there is no vacancy yet), however, he is going to have to if I carry on another 20 years. I have already made my choice of Jade as she lives on my thatched swing at night. The other two I would continue to feed, but they need to find their own forever homes.

Thank you for your lovely comments
>^..^<

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @ianpspurs
Yes it was hurtful...

I agree, sadly there will be more of this kind of stuff because of greed one way or another. I need to keep as fully functioning as I can, as this cat has done all his life. He is 29 and a half now. He doesn't want to leave me, and has no intention of passing the baton on to another cat (there are 3 in the sidelines literally waiting at the moment, but Popeye says there is no vacancy yet), however, he is going to have to if I carry on another 20 years. I have already made my choice of Jade as she lives on my thatched swing at night. The other two I would continue to feed, but they need to find their own forever homes.

Thank you for your lovely comments
>^..^<
The idea of Popeye holding on to his pampered place by your side tickles me as the oldies used to quip. My comments are the unvarnished truth. Such a rarity today don't you find? Oh, and don't the police look younger these days? MIL's helicopter was a triumph darlings, a triumph, yesterday. Neatly packaged little post there Ian. Have a walk and some more Assam.:angelic:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Discussion about Christmas arrangements on 10.10 pushed me into eating a whole packet of chocolate biscuits. Stupid as I know it won't actually help. Several glasses of wine too, have explained about the electrician and roofer, so now got until mid November to decide. Its always such a lot of driving though as the family is spread out. At best we would be going Portsmouth to mid wales, then Milton Keynes then back to Portsmouth and there is the cat to consider. Also the cost. Ferry companies hike the price over xmas.
Up until now was thinking to stay here, but am now under pressure from family to join in the festivities. Hotel booking required for boxing day night adding to the cost. Nobody is prepared to host traditional family gathering of 25+ people.
Beautiful morning here, mist burning off to reveal glorious autumn day, but am still feeling groggy from too many carbs (and too much wine) so not properly started on the day yet. Maybe one more cup of coffee will get me going?
Oh dear @SlimLizzy

I understand the chocolate biscuits. I did the same with biscuits over the blocked shared drains last week which my neighbour was responsible for.

I have been pressured in the past with these Christmases. The last one, we were all stuck for two weeks, snowbound in a remote cottage in South Wales (J. was alive then). And there was the MIL from hell and back, who at every opportunity spat venom at me over my daughter when the rest of the family were not around. I have never seen J. so speechless. I have never told my daughter or anyone, but if anyone reads this online...but so what now, this is nearly 20 years ago, and it was my last one I went to. No one pressurises me into anything like that now....

But your dilemma here, is especially with all that travel at a wintry icy time of year, and with Errant, and with you being in a different country, and all that goes with it, especially these Covid times, no matter how much you would love to see your family.

But, hang the expense if this is what you want and need to do. The work on your house will have to wait.

My sympathies are with you.

I hope you can come up with a solution.
And your peace of mind is important.

You are in my thoughts that you can find a way through this, for the best solution for you.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Up until now was thinking to stay here, but am now under pressure from family to join in the festivities. However nobody is prepared to host traditional family gathering of 25+ people so hotel booking required for boxing day night added to the cost.
Tricky stuff family festivities. I spoke to my mother about it a couple of days ago and she and dad have decided that they will stay in the Charente Maritime and have a quiet time of it. They do have the advantage of having my sister and niece living close by so it will be four of them. Anyhow, perhaps go with whatever is good for you - I don’t do pressurised unless it’s making broth.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tricky stuff family festivities. I spoke to my mother about it a couple of days ago and she and dad have decided that they will stay in the Charente Maritime and have a quiet time of it. They do have the advantage of having my sister and niece living close by so it will be four of them. Anyhow, perhaps go with whatever is good for you - I don’t do pressurised unless it’s making broth.
Dagnabbit sir, how does one not give a funny for the ending without spoiling the winner for the sound advice? Have a heart fella. Christmas? who's thinking of Christmas just yet? Oh wait, didn't someone here order a turkey last week?:banghead:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A big boy made me post this then ran away after he also typed PMSL but he didn't tell me what that meant. One can only assume it means Plenteous Minutes Serious Laughter.

yZ6ezu7YpmQRzJjutFVVWskUux6Go6n6u9dcRcU7-d1j3E-IcrU1L4j4RVGc395aQVxxCtTa29PsaacpyrJG5T8maH_GXugcHFWkVf9X3kn7WG7l01GV3ctpl9k0hLqAcHY_33Dq=s0

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Swipey says 30 mins gentle (ish) cardio (with a sprint finish to make a target distance) via exercise bike produces a nice little drop in fbg. 5.2 start to 4.1 finish. Some functionality from the "gym conversion" lately but more clearing needed then weights bench to purchase, mirror installed to check correct form and lift to exhaustion (bar, discs and stand waiting patiently since the move) - light weight mucho reps stylee. Now, more steps, water and IPL cricket. Of course I miss you Julie:angelic:

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@lindisfel - From The Yorkshire Post: Around 1,500 people have visited St Aidans Nature Reserve in east Leeds an extremely rare Long-toed Stint, a bird which has strayed a long way from its normal range, was found on Friday. (October 8)
Note: I thought that a Long-toed Stint was a minor operation with on overnight stay

upload_2021-10-11_16-33-55.png

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Dunelm,
Thanks for pic.
There are two closely allied stints. The Long toed of the 'Old World' and the Least Sandpiper of North America. I have seen many of the Least Sand in the USA. Didnt see the Long toed even when we went to N.Z.
Derek

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good, if positively chilly, morning all. Still no socks :)woot:) but I felt the need to haul the bulk of a 2 for £9 (including postage) rugby shirt about along with tracksuit bottoms. So, blood glucose levels. *Channels Stanley Holloway, Eeh, I am vexed - I blame Uncle Mac and Children's favourites (possibly Larry the Lamb). Felt chill last evening, checked Swipey 3.3. Tried a few times, munched 2 squares Waitrose 1 darkest choc, 3.6 by bedtime. This morning 3.6 first off - suspicious huh?- eventually a foreign bidder - Russian Oligarch?- took it to 5.3. Vastly overpriced in my view. T2 huh. As the saying goes Smile and wave boys, just smile and wave. Now y'all live your best lives and heed the wisdom of momma @karen8967 - you hear me now?
* Words - sorry Genn

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good, if positively chilly, morning all. Still no socks :)woot:) but I felt the need to haul the bulk of a 2 for £9 (including postage) rugby shirt about along with tracksuit bottoms. So, blood glucose levels. Channels Stanley Holloway, eeh, I am vexed - I blame Uncle Mac and Children's favourites (possibly Larry the Lamb). Felt chill last evening checked Swipey 3.3. Tried a few times, munched 2 squares Waitrose 1 darkest choc, 3.6 by bedtime. This morning 3.6 first off - suspicious huh?- eventually a foreign bidder - Russian Oligarch?- took it to 5.3. Vastly overpriced in my view. T2 huh. As the saying goes
No wrecks, and nobody drowning - nothing to laugh at at all - priceless

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone from a chilled out and quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of ‘by ‘eck lad, thas exceeded thisen with them yonder eggs and accompaniments’ jumped over the wire at 6.1 like a drunken Greg Rutherford doing a Fosbury Flop.

Stuff in the attic; an 1876 edition of “Maclear’s New Testament History” (whatever you do, don’t open it), a brown photo album of b&w people, a St John’s Ambulance certificate in first aid dated March 1907 but more excitingly a bright red View-Master with all manner of stereo pictures like Bugs Bunny, The Flintstones and The Three Little Pigs - unfortunately if we don’t get some workers in soon, those pigs will have to go to the wall, or so it has been reported. Fermented apples on the go - that’s another half dozen sorted, will it be some sort of low card apple and walnut cake today? The excitement is excruciating.

Art bit - a bird on a twig. Hope you have all manage to get your central heating up to speed, there is a distinct chilly feeling in the air. Time for koffy.

upload_2021-10-12_7-44-2.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful art @dunelm and stellar post. I'm hoping you really do make a low card A and W cake. That would be so "now." While I'm here I must thank God for a sublime few minutes on the exercise bike - which can now play chunes (built in speakers in the console for some workouts you can buy) from a really old ipod shuffle :woot: - thanks to this. Stick Elsie's food where no sun shines, exercise with chunes is the best part of T2 management for me.
Oops, for you Genn, whenever I may find you :angelic:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning everyone from a chilled out and quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of ‘by ‘eck lad, thas exceeded thisen with them yonder eggs and accompaniments’ jumped over the wire at 6.1 like a drunken Greg Rutherford doing a Fosbury Flop.

Stuff in the attic; an 1876 edition of “Maclear’s New Testament History” (whatever you do, don’t open it), a brown photo album of b&w people, a St John’s Ambulance certificate in first aid dated March 1907 but more excitingly a bright red View-Master with all manner of stereo pictures like Bugs Bunny, The Flintstones and The Three Little Pigs - unfortunately if we don’t get some workers in soon, those pigs will have to go to the wall, or so it has been reported. Fermented apples on the go - that’s another half dozen sorted, will it be some sort of low card apple and walnut cake today? The excitement is excruciating.

Art bit - a bird on a twig. Hope you have all manage to get your central heating up to speed, there is a distinct chilly feeling in the air. Time for koffy.

View attachment 51548
I love this @dunelm
It has a beautiful delicacy. A gentleness. I need that this morning.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the link. The British Museum do some really excellent exhibitions - I do miss my visits there now all my training is on Zoom.

Sometime ago I was really looking forward to an exhibition there on Japanese Exotic Art. I still remember my shock when I realised I had misread it and it was an exhibition on Japanese Erotic Art - so not quite what I had expected.

Last edited: