What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Am really pleased that I have booked my booster jab for next Thursday.
A really good idea. Had mine slightly before the official 9.10 am appointment. Just read this which suggests regular boosters and social distancing will be important for some time. Surely all schoolchildren need vaccinating and should probably wear masks? (The playground pickup is a real superspeader event) Singing a happy song is well past the sell by date. Yes, Bertie Booster even for you. The Saj is doing a song and dance spot tonight - riveting and world leading I'm sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Have just returned from the vet, sans chat. He is having x-ray and blood tests as well as antibiotics and eardrops this time. Am amazed at the difference in cost here. Will be around €60 for both. Plus medicines.
Was quoted 10 x that price in UK for similar investigations. Which didn't happen.
MrSlim has very kindly tripled the budget for vetinary treatment.
Who says he doesnt like the cat?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 @ 9am this morning :happy:- pleased with that BUT I got my flu vaccine today (decided to get it done privately rather than wait and here they are giving appointments for the flu and booster vaccines at the same time which I didn't fancy very much) SO I bet BS back in 6s anyhow tomorrow - just when you think .... I can't remember last time I had a 5...

Welcome @Jak13 :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought there was a thread specifically on Libre but I can't find it so ...... Anyone here know if they are ok after wearing in a sauna? Anyone wear tegaderm over the top?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A really good idea. Had mine slightly before the official 9.10 am appointment. Just read this which suggests regular boosters and social distancing will be important for some time. Surely all schoolchildren need vaccinating and should probably wear masks? (The playground pickup is a real superspeader event) Singing a happy song is well past the sell by date. Yes, Bertie Booster even for you. The Saj is doing a song and dance spot tonight - riveting and world leading I'm sure.
Nearly everyone in this area seem to be catching Covid from school!children.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have just returned from the vet, sans chat. He is having x-ray and blood tests as well as antibiotics and eardrops this time. Am amazed at the difference in cost here. Will be around €60 for both. Plus medicines.
Was quoted 10 x that price in UK for similar investigations. Which didn't happen.
I hope Errant improves quickly @SlimLizzy
Yes, vets are exorbitant in the UK.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning. Very puzzling as I was so hungry after classes last night and had some cashews and Montezuma 100%. Usually that results in higher fbg.

It is absolutely bucketing down with rain at the moment. Definitely no dog walking this morning.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope that the antibiotics and ear drops work quickly and Errant is a lot better very soon.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very good price and let’s hope that Errant does not fight you about it all.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought there was a thread specifically on Libre but I can't find it so ...... Anyone here know if they are ok after wearing in a sauna? Anyone wear tegaderm over the top?
They are OK @ianpspurs but take an hour or so to stabalise afterwards (I have one of those infrared saunas). I wear a strip of something similar to tegaderm over the top. Got them from Amazon. One piece can be cut into two strips: https://www.amazon.com/Ewinodon-Transparent-Adhesive-Waterproof-Protective/dp/B07NWH6W56/ref=sr_1_31?dchild=1&keywords=50pcs+Waterproof+Plaster+Transparent+Adhesive+Medical+Wound+Dressing+Tape+Fixer+Plaster+Stretch+Fixation+Tape+Tattoo&qid=1634799184&qsid=132-9209424-6080001&sr=8-31&sres=B001SIS7MG,B07MLJ91V1,B096RG6DB2,B000ITHSVW,B08YCW42Z1,B092ZN9FMD,B07LFMGJSH,B07XZH72TX,B08P1Y77Y8,B000GCRWNA,B005L79S8M,B07MFMF8RZ,B07BY3D7LW,B00K2FJH2A,B08G1GBY34,B08Q49JMSD,B07B8CH8QG,B08CZWFTLF,B08NVVMND3,B000H5S64K&srpt=WOUND_DRESSING

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone and happy Trafalgar Day from a damp squib of a start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Heck sausages and eggs came in at 5.2 this am

Sister called from France yesterday - mother had a carpel tunnel operation yesterday and is now safely back home. She needed it done as it has been affecting her ability to hold her walking sticks. She is also awaiting a hip operation so the carpel tunnel operation needs a wee while to sort itself out.
More items have disappeared from the house and I estimate that we are now 50% lighter in the goods and chattels department. Best start getting quotes from the removal people but we want the one our son used really - they dismantle and put back together any unwieldy items and our bed is basically two electric orthopedic beds built into a single frame.

Arty farty bit - another cityscape loosely based on the Manchester City skyline. I hope that your Thursday goes off without a hitch. I will be checking out supplies of koffy. You can, of course replace morning koffy with green tea and lose up to 87% of what joy you still have left in your life.

upload_2021-10-21_8-6-28.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You can, of course replace morning koffy with green tea and lose up to 87% of what joy you still have left in your life.
Yes, I do agree with you there - green tea is very healthy and I do drink it but would definitely not drink it instead of my morning koffy. Nor, my mid morning, lunch time, mid afternoon nor after dinner koffy. Oh dear - that does look like rather a lot of koffy.