What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you get text and email to book first 2 or did you receive a letter?
For the first jab I initially got a letter which was only offering the jab through one of the big hubs. A couple of days later I received a text from a local surgery offering a slot - which I accepted.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
We had a long consultation with the vet. Looked at the xrays together. She does not recommend an operation because it might actually make things worse for him. So we are back to antibiotics, he had a jab today and we start on pills again tomorrow evening. He will need drops in his ears as well for the infection there. To me it seems as if he was suffering more pain from the prosaic ear infection than from the now healed over wounds the pellets made. Poor Errant He will never get his voice back.
On the other side of the coin, MrSlim has stopped saying he doesnt like the cat.
Tonight he was cooking Pot au feu, Errant is round his ankles begging in his silly little whisper. (Poor starving animal has already had four meals today.)
MrSlim says to him, "Just wait, I'll give you some in a minute", and he did. I dont suppose this indulgent mood will last for long, but Errant had a bit of beef, every time the stew was tasted.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We had a long consultation with the vet. Looked at the xrays together. She does not recommend an operation because it might actually make things worse for him. So we are back to antibiotics, he had a jab today and we start on pills again tomorrow evening. He will need drops in his ears as well for the infection there. To me it seems as if he was suffering more pain from the prosaic ear infection than from the now healed over wounds the pellets made. Poor Errant He will never get his voice back.
On the other side of the coin, MrSlim has stopped saying he doesnt like the cat.
Tonight he was cooking Pot au feu, Errant is round his ankles begging in his silly little whisper. (Poor starving animal has already had four meals today.)
MrSlim says to him, "Just wait, I'll give you some in a minute", and he did. I dont suppose this indulgent mood will last for long, but Errant had a bit of beef, every time the stew was tasted.
Hugs for Errant @SlimLizzy
He enjoyed those bits of beef stew.
May he have as a comfortable life as he can.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.4 for me
FB_IMG_1633777162315.jpg

Reactions: SlimLizzy

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

A bit of a disaster here.
A couple of days ago the starlings visited again. But the only thing was, it was the entire murmuration of starlings landed in my garden, and the air was thick, full of fighting squabbling starlings. I have seen squabbling fighting starlings before but nothing like this. Alfred Hitchcock should have seen this if he wanted to make a proper bird movie. It was absolutely terrifying. And I am watching from behind my bedroom window. I threw things at them but they just landed again. Finally I got rid of them, but it felt just a step away of of being torn apart and pecked clean by starlings.

I brought the fatball feeders back in again. I didn't want to stop feeding all my sparrows and small birds. I was racking my brains how to make the feeders starling proof. Finally, as an emergency solution, I taped 3/4 of the top bit of the feeders, and that appears to have solved the problem. The starlings cannot land on the feeders any more, and so they have gone.

I had looked online for starling proof feeders. And I found there was a cheaper version more locally. It had a clear domed top. But when I went to the store, they were all on the unreachable top shelf. And, they were all broken. So, I imagine old biddies like me probably used their walking sticks or crutches to get them down, as there are no assistants available any more to do these things like getting unreachables down off the top shelf for you. But, at least I was not responsible for those broken ones. (I have to say, every time I have used one of my crutches to get an unreachable my catching skills of the item are remarkable, and once I encountered another old lady doing exactly the same thing, but she was shorter than me and her stick was too short, so I offered my assistance with one of my crutches, she had the job of catcher and we both cheered when we succeeded).

I have realised what I have done has worked, at no cost apart from a few strips of duct tape. Very useful stuff is duct tape.

Right, my creative for today. The sky through my net curtains, fartnarkled just a tad in Snapseed.

B6443ED4-37D7-41B4-A013-070C95D5F4CF.jpeg

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hugs for Errant @SlimLizzy
He enjoyed those bits of beef stew.
May he have as a comfortable life as he can.
Thank you @gennepher, we will do our best to give him a happy and comfortable life. Once the salon is finished he can sit by the wood burner... maybe by next weekend? Perhaps then as the weather gets colder he wont be tempted to wander off.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Once again forgot FBG u til much too late after I had had a cup of tea.
Perhaps we can get back into routine now? Or at least soon.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings Carb Capture refuseniks one and all - COPout 26?. Some 95 year old lady, on benefits, needs an eye keeping on her. Where's her family when she needs them? Two blisters appeared on the P arm which was both the recipient of Jabbo #3 on Wednesday and the home of film covered Swipey (other one had the flu jab on Sat). Swipey off so IDK my fbg nor what caused #blistergate. Anyhow, we've had @karen8967 's meme :woot: and today is Salmon salad day. For my relationship with Elsie that is Gillette (the best a man can get) :woot::woot: @gennepher wonderful starling proof invention, what a lady. That creative looks so much like a stained glass window to me, excellent. Apparently England doesn't need this guy or his brother Plan C. No sir, not we. Always end with a question for next tine - wurdz (Josiah spelling rules). Who are those guys not in the silver or any colour masks? Meanwhile briefings will now be more cheerful - up, up and away will play The Saj on stage.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How the chuff do I afford 160 gms quality protein per day? eat that many without gert dollops of fat? just how many meals and snacks would that require?
That is a huge amount of protein. I am not sure how anyone could possibly eat that much.

I have found my muscle strength and feeling of wellbeing has significantly increased by upping protein intake but I rarely, if ever, consume the amount of protein suggested as ideal for me on the PE diet.

Before starting the PE diet my protein intake was an appallingly low maximum 50g a day. Now it averages 115g a day. PE Diet suggests it should be 133g a day but there is no way I can hit that target every day - even though I do supplement with protein powder. As I really feel the benefit of upping protein - perhaps it actually doesn't matter if I don't hit the ideal numbers.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings Carb Capture refuseniks one and all - COPout 26?. Some 95 year old lady, on benefits, needs an eye keeping on her. Where's her family when she needs them? Two blisters appeared on the P arm which was both the recipient of Jabbo #3 on Wednesday and the home of film covered Swipey (other one had the flu jab on Sat). Swipey off so IDK my fbg nor what caused #blistergate. Anyhow, we've had @karen8967 's meme :woot: and today is Salmon salad day. For my relationship with Elsie that is Gillette (the best a man can get) :woot::woot: @gennepher wonderful starling proof invention, what a lady. That creative looks so much like a stained glass window to me, excellent. Apparently England doesn't need this guy or his brother Plan C. No sir, not we. Always end with a question for next tine - wurdz (Josiah spelling rules). Who are those guys not in the silver or any colour masks? Meanwhile briefings will now be more cheerful - up, up and away will play The Saj on stage.
Thanks @ianpspurs
:)

lindisfel

Expert
Marjorie had her third jab saturday! With marginal effect prevously with the A.Z. it came as a shock. The third, a Pfizer, floored her for four days but shes ok now.

I think perhaps the Continentals were right all along the Pfizer is a better vaccine than the A.Z. Findings revealed today indicate a third jab boosts its effectiveness up into 90%s for all variants.
Of course the Government have known this for months.

It was turned into sour grapes response for Brexit this side of the channel. Get a life guys its the right wing that shot themselves in the foot over doctrine and now doctrine is causing us to be the worst in Europe for Covid deaths.

D.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Marjorie had her third jab saturday! With marginal effect prevously with the A.Z. it came as a shock. The third, a Pfizer, floored her for four days but shes ok now.

I think perhaps the Continentals were right all along the Pfizer is a better vaccine than the A.Z. Findings revealed today indicate a third jab boost its effectiveness up into 90%s for all variants.

Of course the Government have known this for months.
D.
I'm so pleased to hear that Marjorie had her third jab and is now o.k. Have you had yours yet? All my jabs have been Pfizer for which I give thanks. Wikileaks have uncovered an email from Bertie Booster to all Tory MPs and especially those asked by the meedja (BBC commie traitors especially) about the rising COVID case rates, deaths and hospitalisations. It is very succinct but I'm sure it will be another world leading success. (It really wouldn't do anyone's mental health any good to take this lot seriously. In most sports there is the concept of bringing the game into disrepute. Open and shut case.)

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
I'm so pleased to hear that Marjorie had her third jab and is now o.k. Have you had yours yet? All my jabs have been Pfizer for which I give thanks. Wikileaks have uncovered an email from Bertie Booster to all Tory party members if asked about the rising COVID case rates, deaths and hospitalisations. It is very succinct but I'm sure it will be another world leading success.
Had mine weeks ok, just minor discomforts for a couple of days, Ian.
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good that Errant doesn't have to have an op on the pellets and hopefully the treatment for his ear will work really quickly and he is much more comfortable.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have just ordered some Sauerkraut with beetroot, It looks delicious. I used to buy Sauerkraut before I started low carb but am not sure why I stopped.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have just ordered some Sauerkraut with beetroot, It looks delicious. I used to buy Sauerkraut before I started low carb but am not sure why I stopped.
Sounds marvellous. Is the source anywhere I would know? I'm "now going" (my clue to a Norfolk native) to look up recipes - I like to make The Food Fairy feel part of my T2 journey:angelic:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is from www.thesauerkrautcomp.co.uk. Their sauerkraut is really good stuff.
As expected a prompt reply and an excellent source. Many thanks. Here'e two recipes I found. I can't stand ginger so would swerve that. I also like any recipe which mentions Himalayan pink:woot: May swap to white cabbage - slightly lower carb? Dr Bernstein's law of small numbers.
https://healthytasteoflife.com/fermented-beets-cabbage-probiotic-rich-sauerkraut/

https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/beetroot-sauerkraut-recipe

Last edited: