Type 2s What motivates you to control by diet?

Drfarxan

My motivation is that its possible to reverse type 2 diabetes simple as that. And i am willing to do whatever. This idea has now become popular and the proof is out there and in this forum. I know ill never fully recover but to be able to avoid the complications mentioned by others here is a win.I watch this clip weekly for motivation
That said,don't see my diet as a "diet" as it is understood by most people something temporary.I sometimes forget that i am diabetic!! i enjoy my diet and my BS is always normal. In the future ill increase the amount of carbs,in my late years ill go fully keto again.

Last edited:

docphi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m trying diet and eventually exercise because I hated the side effects from the Metformin. I found if I minimize my carbs my blood glucose remains fairly consistent. I don’t know if this is sustainable, but, I’m going to give it a try.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m trying diet and eventually exercise because I hated the side effects from the Metformin. I found if I minimize my carbs my blood glucose remains fairly consistent. I don’t know if this is sustainable, but, I’m going to give it a try.
Worked pretty well for me for the past 6 years..and without extra exercise.

Reactions: docphi

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well, 10 years on, and I am still diet controlled through low carbing - that sound sustainable to me

D

Deleted member 543160

Low carbing for eight years now and counting for this overweight, idle old woman

Robert Henderson

I'm sure we have to prove that we can do absolutely anything to succeed at something! I believe in myself and my strength, + I found like-minded people because together, it is more fun and more effective to achieve success in the process of working on yourself. I also try to praise myself and encourage myself for good results. That's what motivates me.

Reactions: MrsA2 and zand

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carry out out pizza commercials on the TV and people bringing in a fresh box of glazed donuts to work !!! (They are evil)
Well, self preservation I did not want to deal with the complications. A little background I had a mother who had polio when she was eight years old and when you have problem you work it. Secondly when I came home from the hospital I received phone calls from a niece and nephew, they were so worried and concerned I did not want to let them down.

I also to mange things because I know some day someone will find a cure for diabetes and want to be in position to take advantage of it.

Reactions: Widgets and MrsA2