Advice

pb23

Good Day Everyone,
I just tested my blood sugar level 2 hours after lunch, it came 10.3 mmol/L. I know its on high side, but is it ok. need some tips.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Good Day Everyone,
I just tested my blood sugar level 2 hours after lunch, it came 10.3 mmol/L. I know its on high side, but is it ok. need some tips.

Hi pb23 and welcome to the forums.
Have you been diagnosed as a diabetic?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Day Everyone,
Hello @pb23 ,

Welcome to out little corner of the web. @urbanracer posed a good question. Have you been diagnosed, and if so, what type? Are you on any medication, following any diet? Because yeah, 10.3 is a bit on the high side, and if remaining high for long it might be damaging.... https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ might help some, if you're a T2.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Hello @pb23
Afraid we need a little more information before we can offer anything useful.
What type of diabetes do you have ? What was your lunch and more importantly what was your glucose level before lunch ?

pb23

I am not on any medications, am on diet it was 9.6 before breakfast 2 month before and now its 6.7 last saturday, but last somedays i had some sugary snacks, and this was the first time i checked after having meals so.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not on any medications, am on diet it was 9.6 before breakfast 2 month before and now its 6.7 last saturday, but last somedays i had some sugary snacks, and this was the first time i checked after having meals so.
...I think you already know the sugary stuff should be nixed, right? You did improve your fasting numbers significantly, so... Why ruin it? ;)

pb23

Yeah, as we had celebrations last week so i can't stopped myself :( So it can be lowered back if i follow the diet and follow some physical activities.Thanks alot.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah, as we had celebrations last week so i can't stopped myself :( So it can be lowered back if i follow the diet and follow some physical activities.Thanks alot.
Should be able to, yes. Everyone falls off the wagon at some point, no worries. :)