Insulin
Good morning everyone happy friday
FB_IMG_1633631494320.jpg

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Flu jab mid-week, covid booster this morning, and eye retinopathy screening on Monday. It's all go around here...

This morning, I caused a bit of tutting and rolling of eyes from the booking in person who wanted an emergency contact number - which I'd not anticipated so hadn't asked anyone if they were prepared to rescue me if need be. I was so tempted to go back and show those who had liked my social media posts from the waiting area, and the fact I'd messaged key people when I got home. That would be after the four miles walk home.

I am going to a delayed from March 2020 theatre production this afternoon. Which I am very excited about! I'm going with work colleagues who are now friends who are as cautious as I am about social events.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Covid booster Saturday. Stubbornly high levels since. Insulin taken in mind blowing amounts for me Fantastic TIR on Libre blown out the water. Grrr! The only consolation is imagining what actually having Covid would do to levels. Doesn’t bear thinking about.

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Covid booster Saturday. Stubbornly high levels since. Insulin taken in mind blowing amounts for me Fantastic TIR on Libre blown out the water. Grrr! The only consolation is imagining what actually having Covid would do to levels. Doesn’t bear thinking about.
Hi Becca Ditto for me, had booster yesterday morning. I have been up every couple of hours injecting Fiasp last night with my Libre alarm going regularly. This has happened to me every time Just going to have to get through it again. I agree better than catching COVID though.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I had blood sugar problems with all 3 vaccine doses, and I agree, best avoid the beast itself.

Reactions: Marie 2

RVW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
I am now on my last day of isolation and over the worst of Covid, my bloods have been sky high for the majority of the time with Covid averaging about 16 to 18 but today they have been about 5 all day so i can happily say i’m rid of Covid now and back to work and normality tomorrow, yeah!

Reactions: karen8967

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Theatre trip was lovely - and I was glad to be sitting with friends who were of the same mind as me about masks when surrounded by people we didn't know, and who kept the car window open slightly for ventilation!

I seem to be one of the lucky ones with blood sugars and this booster jab, I have only been running a bit higher than ideal, and not had to use huge for me amounts of insulin.

Eye screening all done and dusted and whilst it's got to go off for inspection, both me and the screener thought there was unlikely to be any problem. I'll definitely try the clinic-based option again. I was right they had been limiting it to non-ambulant patients or those unable to access the opticians, which is what I'd seen when in the clinic, but as a number of options have been lost over the pandemic they've opened it back up again to everyone.

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I just got the new iphone 13, it should be exciting but I still hate the facial recognition it has instead of a button!!!! I took the iphone 12 back earlier this year because I hated it so much. But I needed more memory because of all those turtle pictures I take lol......so I have to put up with it now. It has a better camera so I should enjoy that!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
A Lunar eclipse tonight. Supposed to last for 3 hours and be the longest than for the past 6 centuries. Starting at 8 pm so easy to be awake for it. We might have to drive to a clearer view of the western hemisphere but there is an outlook not that far away that we took pictures of the last eclipse at, so hopefully that works again. Looking forward to it!

Add on Clouds keep going by the moon. So it's going to be a matter of catching it. So far I can see the moon perfectly from over my house so that's a plus. But I am not an avid enough watcher to sit out there and wait.
So I will go in and out and see what I catch!

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Sigh, apparently after taking some pictures of a lunar eclipse with a full moon, half moon and then a sliver of a moon, but that kept looking like a full moon I researched and found out that it's impossible to take pictures with an iphone of a lunar eclipse. How it takes a full moon picture of a sliver I'll never know. They say it can't because it's too far away.

The first is when it was full, right before it started, the last is when it was barely a sliver. (But not in the picture.) Honest lol.........it was gorgeous. You could see the earth moving across and almost completely cover the moon with a very slim sliver with a red tinge to it.

upload_2021-11-18_23-42-24.png

upload_2021-11-18_23-39-21.png

Attachments

• 0973A0C8-55F8-4BF8-B88B-5BFAA15C8CBD.jpeg
    0973A0C8-55F8-4BF8-B88B-5BFAA15C8CBD.jpeg
    972.2 KB · Views: 69
  • upload_2021-11-18_23-36-38.png
    upload_2021-11-18_23-36-38.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited: