Wedding & Freestyle Libre

emily2707

I’m due to be getting married in August and have recently bought my wedding dress (sleeveless). As much as I would like to have my Libre on show on my arm (I’m all for promoting diabetes awareness), I wondered if anybody has managed to put their Libre sensor on another part of their body and found it works just the same? I’d just like to have some options to decide between closer to the time.
All besides that, I’ve already nominated a bridesmaid to be my ‘diabetes keeper’ so this is my only wedding-related diabetes concern as yet!
Thanks in advance :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @emily2707 and welcome to the forum.

I think that if Teresa May can show hers to the world on her left arm, while sporting a mark from a previous Libre on her right arm, you should wear it with pride! I have only ever used one twice but never worried about people seeing it :)
Have a great day what ever you decide xx

92CF56F0-D79D-41CF-8ED4-786D82B8A450.jpeg

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Similar questions have been raised in the past @emily2707 - take a look at a couple of past threads for some inspiration.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/newbie-diabetic-for-36-years.135963/#post-1698252

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/wedding-day-management-type-1.179231/#post-2369758

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/libre-users-help.165775/#post-2083387

Please be aware however that the manufacturer (Abbott Laboratories) clearly indicates usage for the back of the arm. If you have a problem with it after fitting to your thigh and then you tell them where you put it, you might have problems getting a replacement.

One other suggestion, something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue - right? Put it on your arm and wear a blue armband over it? Hidden in plain sight!

Good luck with the wedding.
Regards
Urb'

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I am married. But back in the day when there were no Libres..
Plus I'm a bloke, a frock was not my personal or traditional choice.. ;)

However. I do perform in a band & wear mine inner arm. (Which works well for me.)
Infact I do all the time. Yep there are vids & photos of the show..
It rarly shows.. Maybe do a pre-wedding test to see how certain placements work for you..?

To be fair, it is just a white disc? Off the top of my head, could you cover it with some floral display style band? (Get any brides maids to match with the same..)

Best wishes.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m due to be getting married in August and have recently bought my wedding dress (sleeveless). As much as I would like to have my Libre on show on my arm (I’m all for promoting diabetes awareness), I wondered if anybody has managed to put their Libre sensor on another part of their body and found it works just the same? I’d just like to have some options to decide between closer to the time.
All besides that, I’ve already nominated a bridesmaid to be my ‘diabetes keeper’ so this is my only wedding-related diabetes concern as yet!
Thanks in advance :)

Congratulations on the impending nuptials.

When I have been wearing a Libre when travelling in sunnier climes, I usually wear it where the red blob is on this pic. I have also worn in between by groin and hip, although that's riskier is wearing close fitting jeans. I've almost lost a sensor when pulling my jeans down .)

upload_2021-11-21_19-19-23.png

(For the avoidance of doubt, I'd be quite happy if that were my body, but I stole it from t'internet.)

Reactions: MrsA2

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @emily2707 and welcome to the forum.

I think that if Teresa May can show hers to the world on her left arm, while sporting a mark from a previous Libre on her right arm, you should wear it with pride! I have only ever used one twice but never worried about people seeing it :)
Have a great day what ever you decide xx

View attachment 52172
I'll bet she scrubbed that elbow as soon as possible.

Reactions: jackthejoker

nicki92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't have an answer to your actual question but how about a decorative sticker to go on it? I was so excited to see wifi symbols and on/off buttons on stickers on etsy (because I think it's hilarious), so maybe you'd find something more classy/pretty that would match your wedding theme!

Reactions: McHelen

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I do not have an answer but came here to congratulate you and to wish you a happy life

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Glad you are not hiding it and there are plenty of lovely stickers on e aby and Amazon to jazz it up a bit.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172618398882
Alternatively if you did want to conceal it (and I don't think you should) I'd invest in a Dexcom which I wear on my stomach. The app also allows you to share the bg readings so your bridesmaid doesn't need to swipe your arm even as long as she's within 6m.

If you're out and proud with your sensor get ready to explain it isn't a nicotene patch etc to your guests!