Wierd problems

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know if its diabetes related but haven't come across any diabetic to suffer these problem as complication . I literally never hungry even if I haven't eat and even if I have a empty stomach I find that when resting having tremors involuntary movements with neck head moving slightly side to side also sometimes I experience my lower jaw moving itself. Also most scary and wierd is that I don't need any basal/background insulin. Very wierd that on diagnosis in 2002 I was dka after that I don't understand what happened to my body it's like my body doesn't need background insulin but I need bolous insulin for meals also my doctor my endo is didn't believe me and even was shocked didn't believe me at first than after believed me. I know this is very not normal I don't know what to think it's really hard not knowing why this is happening or why. I know this my sound silly but thinking maybe neurological related causing these issues.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I don't know if its diabetes related but haven't come across any diabetic to suffer these problem as complication . I literally never hungry even if I haven't eat and even if I have a empty stomach I find that when resting having tremors involuntary movements with neck head moving slightly side to side also sometimes I experience my lower jaw moving itself. Also most scary and wierd is that I don't need any basal/background insulin. Very wierd that on diagnosis in 2002 I was dka after that I don't understand what happened to my body it's like my body doesn't need background insulin but I need bolous insulin for meals also my doctor my endo is didn't believe me and even was shocked didn't believe me at first than after believed me. I know this is very not normal I don't know what to think it's really hard not knowing why this is happening or why. I know this my sound silly but thinking maybe neurological related causing these issues.

Hi, and welcome to weirdness.

I create too much insulin. And for over a decade my GPs and an endocrinologist thought that I had T2 and it was my liver causing all my symptoms.
Then I was referred to another endo. And he diagnosed me.
Since the last two years, I have been having new symptoms that had nowt to do with my RH. And I have developed other neurological conditions. And the weirdness continues.
So have a word with your team and if needs be, go see a neurologist, I did and I understand my symptoms and outcome and even though I'm trying to still get my head around it. I know what I'm living with and not knowing would certainly be more head banging against the wall.

Keep safe

Reactions: EllieM

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
but I need bolous insulin for meals also my doctor my endo is didn't believe me and even was shocked didn't believe me at first than after believed me.

Just a thought, but have you have you had a cpeptide done recently? That would show up whether you are still producing insulin. There are more types of diabetes than T1 and T2 and I've not heard of any T1s who don't need basal overnight or who are still producing insulin after 20 years. (Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, I just haven't heard of it, but I am not a doctor.)

Depending on your age and weight at the time of diagnosis they may have assumed T1 without doing all the tests that they would do now so I'd push my doctor for an explanation and if necessary some more tests if I were you.

Good luck (and happy Christmas).