Six months check

Trymybest

Just interested to hear if I’m not alone with this situation.Since the beginning of covid I have had no checks for my T3 (pancreatic diabetes) is anyone getting any checks?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a T2 in remission, and still get my checks and reviews. Have you tried contacting the surgery or wherever your reviews normally take place?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know I've been having phone appointments with the hospital for mine - in fact the next one is later this afternoon

Reactions: EllieM

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Just interested to hear if I’m not alone with this situation.Since the beginning of covid I have had no checks for my T3 (pancreatic diabetes) is anyone getting any checks?

I'm in New Zealand so assuming you're in UK my experience isn't relevant. However my UK T2 dad has had two hba1cs since the start of covid and several eye checks. In your position I'd phone your surgery and remind them that you exist. Or do you get managed by a hospital endocrinologist?

You might have to have a virtual appointment but you should get one. 2 years is too long to go without a check.

Trymybest

I'm in New Zealand so assuming you're in UK my experience isn't relevant. However my UK T2 dad has had two hba1cs since the start of covid and several eye checks. In your position I'd phone your surgery and remind them that you exist. Or do you get managed by a hospital endocrinologist?

You might have to have a virtual appointment but you should get one. 2 years is too long to go without a check.

Sorr

daffy1

Dislikes
garlic, pubs
I was due an eye check just at the start of covid so went for over 2 years without a check and didn’t see my dn in 2 years for the normal checks. But ive recently moved house and my new doctors are totally different and I have regular contact with the DN sand was sent for an eye check