Second HBA1C

DJ899

I am new on the forum and got diagnosed with T2 at the end of March.

My first HBA1C was 101 when bloods were taken in the middle of march.

After following the advise and guidance on the forum I got my results from my latest HBA1C test taken on Friday and it has gone down to 70. I have also lost 9kg over 7 weeks.

The news really gave me a boost and i know there is still a long way to go, just wanted to share the news and give a massive thank you for all the information and advice that got me along the way. The nurses on friday were very supportive and echoed the philosophy i picked up from the forum .

DJ899

Just got my 3rd hba1c results from yesterday.
Now down to 38 - whoop.
Got an appointment to reduce meds.
Lost 11kg since last hba1c so 21kg down total.

Reactions: Hotglove

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
Brilliantly done

I was 76 May now 52 lost 15 kgs, now to lower it again

keep at it, the benefits are good control fir our futures

Reactions: LionChild and DJ899

DJ899

hi guys i will be getting my 4th HBA1c results next week, i kinda fell of the wagon since september, cheated a bit on either low carb, steps, or fasting various times a week. That being said the weight hasn't come back and i was meant to take 1 metformin in the morning and 1 in the evening, but havent really been taking it so will be interesting to see what the new HBA1c is so will share the results next week.
Dunno if its me but i found sticking to the low carb diet alot more difficult in colder weather .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hi guys i will be getting my 4th HBA1c results next week, i kinda fell of the wagon since september, cheated a bit on either low carb, steps, or fasting various times a week. That being said the weight hasn't come back and i was meant to take 1 metformin in the morning and 1 in the evening, but havent really been taking it so will be interesting to see what the new HBA1c is so will share the results next week.
Dunno if its me but i found sticking to the low carb diet alot more difficult in colder weather .
Best wishes for the HbA1c and well done for not gaining weight. I sympathise over low carb in winter. I don't have a problem since I basically eat mackerel salad about 285+ days a year. Hot LC food is largely and unattractive idea to me but many thoroughly enjoy it. We are all different.

Last edited:

DJ899

much better than i expected considering how much ive been chearing compared to how strict i was before, its only gone upto 39mmol/mol. Weight loss at 23.5kg.

Reactions: Dr Snoddy