Low Blood Sugar?

pkumar

Hi

Yesterday night I got body chills twice in the night. I didn’t miss medicine. Currently on Metformin 1000mg per day. Recent HBA1C at 6%. Recent FBS between 6 to 6.5. Could it be due to Low BS. How can I prevent it. Does eating few almonds before sleep help? What should I do if BS goes down? Eat anything specific.

Thanks in advance for pointers
Kumar

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Without actually doing a blood test at the time you cannot know if low blood sugar caused it I'm afraid, I'm sure lots of other things can cause chill as wells

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

Yesterday night I got body chills twice in the night. I didn’t miss medicine. Currently on Metformin 1000mg per day. Recent HBA1C at 6%. Recent FBS between 6 to 6.5. Could it be due to Low BS. How can I prevent it. Does eating few almonds before sleep help? What should I do if BS goes down? Eat anything specific.

Kumar

If you are only taking metformin you are very unlikely to suffer from low blood sugar.

If your levels are 6-6.5 mmol/l you are certainly not seeing "low" levels which would be in the 3's.

Maybe you are coming down with something?

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

Kumar
Not everything is caused by your blood glucose. I'd go with the bug idea. If you really want to be sure about your levels, try the free Libre trial and (if it works, I had two fail) you'll see what your BGs do overnight.