"What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just spent ages trying to find another source of soya margarine for Neil, with absolutely no success. The one we used to buy (Pure soya spread) was discontinued because it was no longer a viable product for the company. The next one we found was Suma and we bought a case of it and put it into the freezer, However, there are only 2 cartons of it left and now I can't find the supplier, or any other supplier. It is so frustrating. There are lots of sellers online, but they only do local deliveries and they all seem to be in the south of England.

I'm sure it was Neil who found and ordered that last case, but he's sure it was me! We were only last evening having a discussion about memory. I always had an awful memory, as does No 2 son, but I always thought that Neil had a good memory.

He tells me that, in common with other Asperger cases, his short term memory for facts is poor. He often disguises it by being able to work out what the memory ought to be but actual memory is not there. After the very long discussion (aka lecture by Neil - that's an Asperger's thing as well) I think that both I and No 2 son have elements of Asperger issues, but not to the same extent as Neil. Neil thinks DIL also has ADHD but is not aware of it. Certainly Em's eldest brother has it, although he is managing it pretty well now.

We got into this because Em was telling me that she thinks she has ADHD and I was looking up information about that. The video I was watching was conflating ADD with ADHD, so it was probably not the best source of information. She must have heard somebody talking about ADHD and decided that she has some of the issues she heard about. But I am not happy to have her labelling herself. No 2 son tells me that they are, in fact, beginning to suspect something of the sort but she would need a diagnosis before it was taken further.

It's a very complicated subject and I seem to have come across quite a few people in the last 20 or so years who should at least have been checked and could have been diagnosed with one or other of these conditions - mostly people who managed life pretty well despite, or even because of, the issues they have but who might have found it easier to achieve their potential had enough been known about the subject at the time. I think it has only really been generally known about since the 1980's. Not that teachers, or even all child psychologists knew enough about it then.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It has kept my weight down, I also cheat somedays and have a extra drink or jelly. I have been keeping the books so the hospital medical team that check via the nurse navigator can see what goes in, and what comes out.

From the other thread.

I have got rid of over 1200 (twelve hundred) litres of fluid over 18 months, since leaving hospital.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Cold and wet here today. Have been hugging the small convection heater all day. May have something to do with the OMAD but I haven't been hungry. I have, however, had lots of hot water to drink and very little tea. My fish soup is simmering away for tomorrow.

No sign of Em today - her dad says she's had a headache for a couple of days (not a thing she usually complains of). Her mum - having been a nurse - will be keeping an eye on her but it could just be a hormonal thing - she is growing up fast, after all. She wasn't in school today. Last week she came home delighted with herself having been given "the Head teacher's award" for creativity and innovation. I think that might be the equivalent of those prizes that were given when I was at school to kids who hadn't achieved much, but who needed encouragement. Not that I ever won any prize of any sort. They never recognised my genius! Until I was leaving Primary School, of course, when they had to read out to the whole of the assembled school that I had been given the top mark in Kent in the 11+ exam! They didn't quite believe it, and made that plain.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Made a mistake this morning. Legs were very bad and I had about an hour's sleep - about midnight to 12/45 am, so I was a bit sleepy anyway. I took a full dose of 30:500 Cocodamol at about 11.15 am. Then took another dose of the same at about 11.45. Too groggy to realise that I'd already taken it. The pharmacist says it'll be OK as long as I don't take any more until tonight. Never done that before. Stupid mistake to make.

mouseee

Made a mistake this morning. Legs were very bad and I had about an hour's sleep - about midnight to 12/45 am, so I was a bit sleepy anyway. I took a full dose of 30:500 Cocodamol at about 11.15 am. Then took another dose of the same at about 11.45. Too groggy to realise that I'd already taken it. The pharmacist says it'll be OK as long as I don't take any more until tonight. Never done that before. Stupid mistake to make.
Hope you're feeling alright... I'm guessing you might be asleep!!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Bed last night at 11.45 awake again at 1.30. No bad dream, but difficulty breathing. Oxygen saturation 92%. Don't know why. Also an odd kind of migraine (haven't had a migraine in years). This one is behind my right ear. If I can put pressure on it, it eases for a short time, but my right shoulder is the one with the worst arthritis in it, so can't keep the pressure up. So, once again to the Co-codamol packet, dear friends. I'll make sure not to overdo it today.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally, after years of waiting (my brother was alive & healthy when this started), my SIL is getting her much needed operation next Thursday. Unfortunately, due to the time she's waited, it is a much bigger operation than it would have been 4 or 5 years ago. It's also going to require a second operation now. She's had 3 pre-ops in that time which should have been followed by the operation no more than 2 weeks later. She's hoping with pre-op 4 it does happen this time. I suspect it will as it's being done in a Private hospital, which the SNHS will be paying for. SIL is quite happy, though . She's got a private room, decent meals and she'll be in a few days.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Finally, after years of waiting (my brother was alive & healthy when this started), my SIL is getting her much needed operation next Thursday. Unfortunately, due to the time she's waited, it is a much bigger operation than it would have been 4 or 5 years ago. It's also going to require a second operation now. She's had 3 pre-ops in that time which should have been followed by the operation no more than 2 weeks later. She's hoping with pre-op 4 it does happen this time. I suspect it will as it's being done in a Private hospital, which the SNHS will be paying for. SIL is quite happy, though . She's got a private room, decent meals and she'll be in a few days.

Here's hoping all goes well for your sister-in-law and this time the pre-op is followed by the op in pretty short order. Also hoping that the ops go well for her.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
No 2 son had his pre-op a couple of weeks ago. No idea when the op will be. I hope it doesn't take too long - he's having to be so careful about what he does and what he eats so as not to exacerbate it.

2nd surgeon at Inverness has now written to confirm that he will do my surgery but only if it is done under a general anaesthetic. If not, he won't do it at all and will recommend keeping an eye on it to see if it is growing too fast. Now waiting for our local hospital to offer a pre-op appointment. I didn't need the ultimatum, I had already agreed that he should do it his way.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No 2 son had his pre-op a couple of weeks ago. No idea when the op will be. I hope it doesn't take too long - he's having to be so careful about what he does and what he eats so as not to exacerbate it.

2nd surgeon at Inverness has now written to confirm that he will do my surgery but only if it is done under a general anaesthetic. If not, he won't do it at all and will recommend keeping an eye on it to see if it is growing too fast. Now waiting for our local hospital to offer a pre-op appointment. I didn't need the ultimatum, I had already agreed that he should do it his way.
Fingers crossed @Annb. Maybe you'll get lucky and put in a private hospital too?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It's 12.45 am and here I am again. Tried to sleep but gave up. The odd pain in my head has returned and is throbbing away - just took Co-codamol to try to deal with it. I am a wimp! But it really is quite painful. Gums and teeth are sore as well and I am a bit congested, so I guess some sort of infection is what it is.

My eldest grandson, living in Fife but the name of the town escapes me for now - begins with K - has apparently gone down with hepatitis A. He works in a hotel and the chef went down with it and seems to have spread it around a bit! I do hope that chef didn't go to work knowing he was sick. As far as I know hep A isn't likely to be serious for a healthy young man but, from experience, I know it can be very painful. He'll be 26 in a few days, so I hope he feels better by his birthday. Ah yes - Kirkaldy. Don't think about it for long enough and a memory will just present itself.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a new one month supply of 2 x 5 fentanyl patches and 3 x 20 oxycodone tablets scripts from my GP yesterday.

The pharmacy assistant where we go for our scripts phoned, and told us how much we owe them as we are no longer covered by the PBS safety net, it was a cheap $13.60, instead of $34.00 as well. $312.00 ~ to go till I ring the bell some in May - June ¿?.

Here's some nice pix from our local butchers facebook page. to finish on topic sort of.

271815105_1929247010596362_8991654958073470445_n.jpg

Bacon jam, 22 grams carbs in it, which is low to some home made jams have.

https://soufflebombay.com/recipe-ba...Wl5KKnuBNnGwtdjmmpy3TMxfCFf5ioBRzVc4Z1CTDK1uU

271186621_1922175361303527_9134828623227930467_n.jpg

Edit: Removed the rest of the paragraph that was edited, as it no longer had context clarity
Edited by moderator to comply with forum ethos.

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
No 2 son's car just failed its MOT and repairs would costs much more than the car was worth, so it's to be scrapped. He will be buying another 2nd hand one from a dealer somewhere near his father in law in Falkirk. FIL will go to check the car before he buys it and DIL will go to pick it up and bring it home. Son can't get time off work to go himself. He doesn't have much luck with cars but that may be because he always buys privately and cheaply. This one is a Dacia - made by Renault which we've found to be pretty reliable cars in the past. Here's hoping it's OK but to be honest, he wouldn't know a good car from a bad one and is no kind of mechanic or even aware when things aren't right.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Satellite pix of the volcano erupting neat Tonga in the other thread.

I do not think we will have to much of a tsunami problem here in Bundy, as the last one was a bit of a fizzer.

TRV69EO.jpeg

Reactions: Antje77

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I do not think we will have to much of a tsunami problem here in Bundy, as the last one was a bit of a fizzer.

TRV69EO.jpeg
I was watching it on the news. Impressive , but hope it doesn't cause too much damage

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

TRV69EO.jpeg

Looks terrifying - worse with the picture at this size as opposed to the tiny image on the TV news. I do so hope everyone in those areas can stay safe - probably no hope of zero damage to property but at least if lives and limbs can be secure, it'd be good news.

It's 2.30 am. Bed 12.30, awake again at 1.30 - no bad dreams but chest very uncomfortable and it's easier if I just sit up. BG is high (14.9) but not quite as high as it was when I went to bed - it was 15.4 and I took a correction dose around 11.45. That doesn't seem to have worked very well.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Bad day today - my sensor fell off this morning an I decided to hold back on using my last one because I may not be able to be prescribed an extra one - it was only 4 days in so will have to wait a few days before putting on another one. Then, of course, I ran out of strips for my meter and had to hunt around until I found a pack in my medicines drawer. In that time I had some toast and plenty of tea. When I checked my BG it was at 18.8. Took a correction dose (60u Humalog) but now it's at 20.4. Decided I'd better fast until tomorrow or, at least only have water or fruit tea so didn't make Maglil's aubergine dish. I'll leave that until tomorrow.

Don't really understand - I did suspect the fruit tea but it only has <0.5g carbs so it can't be that. Tea with milk might be an issue, but I wouldn't have thought so. Toast? Yes, but 1 slice is <20g, so 2 slices, which I had, would only be <40g. Not giving up. Tomorrow is another day.