LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Sorry mean protein shakes
I use whey isolate post workout. Otherwise, I try to get protein from whole food.

lately, I’ve been doing cottage cheese with a few berries and bcaa pre workout. Fatty foods seem to inhibit my workout, so i push those meals outside my workout window. Fats are super important, I just time them.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Isopure has a zero carb whey isolate. I also use Dymatize - ISO100, it like 2g carbs per serving

Reactions: Jason91

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I use to take protein shakes but they taste like @@@@. . Salmon , chicken, eggs, steak All work for me now and not noticed much difference .

Reactions: Bubbleblower

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @Jason91. I notice you've posted this on the Emotional and Mental Health subforum. It might get more views on a slightly more relevant subforum. Would you like me or another Mod to move it for you? (Maybe the Fitness, Exercise and Sport Form or even Ask A Question?)

Reactions: Jason91

Jason91

Yes plz
Hi @Jason91. I notice you've posted this on the Emotional and Mental Health subforum. It might get more views on a slightly more relevant subforum. Would you like me or another Mod to move it for you? (Maybe the Fitness, Exercise and Sport Form or even Ask A Question?)

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Best protein to take with low sugars? Intake
Real food. You can get enough protein bound up with its natural fat to build muscle and that works better than protein isolates that you get in powders and bars. The latter are expensive too.
Also they are marketed at gym goers yet it is often the elderly who have a greater need for protein as we absorb less as we get older yet have more need for re building and repair.
I do eat the occasional low carb protein bar but I am not kidding myself its for the protein . They taste okay , are convenient and filling sweet snacks.
The rest is over marketed junk food IMOm

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Best protein to take with low sugars? Intake
Hi I use smart protein phd plant based it’s only 2carbs per serving and 0 sugar it’s from Holland and Barrett’s or you can google it there is another website that sells it there is 3 flavours I like them all

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I use Pe nutrition whey protein from Holland & Barrett
Hi that flavours do they have and are the carbs low I might try this one next time I go to Holland and Barrett’s I’ve been looking for a banana flavour

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, carbs are low strawberry is the highest at 2.9g carbs, banana is 1.2g
Other flavours are chocolate, cookies & cream, salted caramel, unflavoured & vanilla
I always have vanilla or strawberry with unsweetened almond milk
Strawberry is very nice hot too

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes, carbs are low strawberry is the highest at 2.9g carbs, banana is 1.2g
Other flavours are chocolate, cookies & cream, salted caramel, unflavoured & vanilla
I always have vanilla or strawberry with unsweetened almond milk
Strawberry is very nice hot too
Oh thank you I will pop in today and get two different flavours they all sound nice and I use that almond milk to. I’ve never tried it hot I bet it’s nice

Doralbarel

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Most of all, I like taking isolate. Whey protein isolate is classified as a fast protein. Due to the high degree of purification, it is absorbed by the body in 10-15 minutes. It is ideal for gaining lean muscle mass. It is necessary to take 2-3 servings of isolate per day.