Covid experiences

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
I’m curious if anyone has also had covid here. I did okay through it, but I am having a difficult time shaking an extremely thick mucus that seems to just be clinging inside of me. Anyone else experiencing this?

I spoke with a friend the other day. He went through covid too well before me and I couldn’t help noticing how often he coughed. Like he had the thick clingy mucus too. He experienced the virus about a month before me. And he was still coughing.

Anyone else notice this?

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
I’m curious if anyone has also had covid here. I did okay through it, but I am having a difficult time shaking an extremely thick mucus that seems to just be clinging inside of me. Anyone else experiencing this?

I spoke with a friend the other day. He went through covid too well before me and I couldn’t help noticing how often he coughed. Like he had the thick clingy mucus too. He experienced the virus about a month before me. And he was still coughing.

Anyone else notice this?
I just got over it a month ago; really typical flu like cold; less severe even; much like your friend regarding post mucus side effects. I was previously vaccinated 2x, and post Omicron, third shot after;

Reactions: Jollymon

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had Covid19 back in March 2020. No mucus at all. That was the problem really, everything was so dry that it hurt to breathe. It felt like my tubes and lungs were burning and sticking together.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Tested positive Monday evening 24th.
I went on a 30 mile round trip at seven o'clock on a cold dark night to get tested.
Not like me at all but I couldn't quiet the voice in my head that kept on and on at me
to go and get tested.
My wife asked if I felt unwell nope I just have to shut this nagging voice up.
Email in the morning you tested positive.
I thought they made a mistake so tested again... positive.
Two days later positive.
On the way to the test station I suddenly started coughing flehm and it was painful.
Twice I had to stop the car get out and cough standing up..
Last ten minutes I was OK so decided it must be my bronchiectasis flaring up but it had never been that bad before. (lung condition)
Twice since then I've had coughing fits like that but like I mentioned I have bronchiectasis which affects me in exactly that way so I can't be sure of anything.
Just had a coughing session for five minutes and I tested negative an hour ago as I did yesterday.
If I test negative again tomorrow I can end the isolation which my wife has had to share with me and she has tested negative throughout.
I'll keep my eye on the cough and think about the original post in this thread.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Tested positive Monday evening 24th.
I went on a 30 mile round trip at seven o'clock on a cold dark night to get tested.
Not like me at all but I couldn't quiet the voice in my head that kept on and on at me
to go and get tested.
My wife asked if I felt unwell nope I just have to shut this nagging voice up.
Email in the morning you tested positive.
I thought they made a mistake so tested again... positive.
Two days later positive.
On the way to the test station I suddenly started coughing flehm and it was painful.
Twice I had to stop the car get out and cough standing up..
Last ten minutes I was OK so decided it must be my bronchiectasis flaring up but it had never been that bad before. (lung condition)
Twice since then I've had coughing fits like that but like I mentioned I have bronchiectasis which affects me in exactly that way so I can't be sure of anything.
Just had a coughing session for five minutes and I tested negative an hour ago as I did yesterday.
If I test negative again tomorrow I can end the isolation which my wife has had to share with me and she has tested negative throughout.
I'll keep my eye on the cough and think about the original post in this thread.

The phlegm from this is thick! And it just sticks! That’s probably what you’re dealing with right now. I had it at the beginning of January and it is just stuck in me.

Ragmar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had covid at the beginning of the month and im double vaxx'd.
To be honest it was mild for me. After the first 2 days of fever and feeling gross I got better. I think day 4 I had nasal congestion but over the counter meds took care of that and I felt fine.
Took a while before my appetite came back, I was generally eating like a can of a soup a day or something.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hubby had thick phlegm which came out in 50p size lumps, a bit like I get with normal chest infections (which I am prone to getting)

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Zero symptoms for me this December but husband coughed a lot (dry) and felt wiped out and feverish for a few days.
Must be hard for covid not to get mixed up with all the other viruses that we don't test for simultaneously that may produce mucus/cough too? No idea if that's what is going on but is Winter and they're must be things oher than omricon circulating too? e.g. rhino viruses or other corona classics that are endemic now.

Sarahlouxoxo

I had it two weeks ago, I had the first vaccination two weeks prior, I just had a headache for a day and was a bit more tired and achy, I’ve had worse colds to be honest, my keystones and blood were fine throughout

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I've now come to the conclusion that when I tested positive (24th) I was coming to the end of infection not just starting out.
Went over a few things and me and my wife had just spent a week not interested in food to the point neither of hardly ate anything.
We both struggled to stay out of bed constantly going back for more sleep.
We had three grandchildren over the weekend aged 3 and 4 and 11.
When my daughter and her partner came to collect them on the Sunday afternoon I couldn't get off the couch!
I was exhausted and they pointed this out to me in conversation about something yesterday 31st and said they had seen me exhausted before but nothing like that.
So the lesson I need to be taking from this is to test at least twice a week as a course of habit.
I reckon if my wife had come with me to the testing station she too would have tested positive rather than us thinking she never caught it.
So a positive test needn't be the start of infection but some other point in the process and for me that was toward the end.
I have had no covid shots.

Last edited:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.

Anyone else notice this?
I'm now back to my normal troublesome bronchiectasis cough.
Hope you're OK.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have had a troublesome two years and I have had mental issues and have not had anything unusual that I can't explain, up to a certain point!
But another way of looking at it, is I haven't got a clue whether or not I have had covid or just everything else that has happened to me! I just don't know!
But I do know, that symptoms and aches and pains since coming off my antidepressants eight weeks or so ago.
I have had a tickly cough, that is not ever present, but if it stzrts, it doesn't go away for ages, aches and pains in my muscles, mainly in the evening. I have great energy levels, but I'm tired, again in the evening. If I overdo it or walk up and down the stairs a couple of times, I just can't catch my breath, If I bend over and do anything, I have to take deep breaths, sometimes go dizzy!
Due to my other conditions, I have other symptoms that like me, I have adopted, weird!
My GP has put it down to the last two years, my growing list of conditions and meds and my age and the trauma!
She said that if I have had covid, I probably didn't notice it, got past it without testing, and nowt in .my recent blood panel tests could say that I have or haven't had covid!
My neurologist, as usual didn't commit himself and every covid test has been negative!

@zand with your knowledge of covid and long covid, is it possible that I have similar symptoms as long covid?
Or am I a hypochondriac?
Or putting two and two together and making twenty two?
Or has my last couple of years really damaged my physical and mental health?
I just don't know! Help!
It is doing my head in!
Ta!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Lamont D

All of those symptoms could be long covid. The feeling dizzy when bending is something I had with long covid. Of course all these things could be something else.

When I had long covid I either had energy, or I really didn't have any at all, and the switch could flick to off at any moment with no warning, except maybe a 0.5° raise in temperature.

The tickly cough ...are you on BP medication? Ramipril gave me a cough just like that.

Whatever this is, you are not a hypochondriac!

Hmmm, yes the last couple of years could have taken it's toll on your health and the physical and mental aspects are linked, we shouldn't look at them in isolation. When I was depressed I had more aches and pains, but that's not to say they were imagined. Simply that the 2 are linked.

Whatever is wrong, you are doing well and have made great steps towards recovery. It could well be long covid added in to the mix as well. But time is going to help that. Pretty sure I am over mine now.

So what ever damage has been done in the last couple of years can be healed. Just keep on keeping on and you'll get there.

Hugs

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Lamont D I forgot to say, my brain was really messed up with long covid. I couldn't think sensibly or logically. I was very forgetful and struggled writing posts and emails. I still have a long list of emails that I just can't face.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Lamont D

All of those symptoms could be long covid. The feeling dizzy when bending is something I had with long covid. Of course all these things could be something else.

When I had long covid I either had energy, or I really didn't have any at all, and the switch could flick to off at any moment with no warning, except maybe a 0.5° raise in temperature.

The tickly cough ...are you on BP medication? Ramipril gave me a cough just like that.

Whatever this is, you are not a hypochondriac!

Hmmm, yes the last couple of years could have taken it's toll on your health and the physical and mental aspects are linked, we shouldn't look at them in isolation. When I was depressed I had more aches and pains, but that's not to say they were imagined. Simply that the 2 are linked.

Whatever is wrong, you are doing well and have made great steps towards recovery. It could well be long covid added in to the mix as well. But time is going to help that. Pretty sure I am over mine now.

So what ever damage has been done in the last couple of years can be healed. Just keep on keeping on and you'll get there.

Hugs
Thanks @zand, I think you have nailed it!
I just need to follow the path, that I have found myself on, and try to be more proactive with my days ahead.
Really glad you're a lot better!
I have come off all antidepressants and other meds except what I have been on for decades!
Coming off them, lifted the fug again, and I can think straight and even talk about things football without regret or worrying, or being bothered by the act!
It is the thought before doing something, or going somewhere, where I have had an experience when I was uncomfortable about being there for example, a place where I had a panic attack!
I've been t watch a few games now. It's not the same, (what is lately?), My passion has gone,!
I still get the nervousness, until I actually watch the game, but I'm hot and bothered, shaking hands and breathlessness, it's mainly social anxiety, because of the number of people I know, supporters, stewards, staff, or the nods and hiya's from people who recognise me!
By the time, I get home, I'm knackered! But still have tremendous energy, the body is willing but the brain says 'no way'!
The brain usually wins!
Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!
Keep well.

My best wishes!

I don't know either! (Ha!)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Lamont D I forgot to say, my brain was really messed up with long covid. I couldn't think sensibly or logically. I was very forgetful and struggled writing posts and emails. I still have a long list of emails that I just can't face.

my first experience of brain fog or not aware of my presence was before my RH diagnosis. My head was a mush, I know what you mean, my thinking was in a fugue, my reasoning and my memory and awareness, my addled perspective, I was a cabbage, just about getting through the day! My part time work was automatic, my forgetfulness was, I can't remember, I was an avid reader, but even though I know I have read books, when my brain cleared, I reread them but couldn't remember most of the book! Going into keto cleared my brain!
When my second experience of the fugue happening was in July of 2020, when I had a mental breakdown, far too similar to the first, the antidepressants really helped but My brain wouldn't clear even though I was in keto!
The tablets worked and helped as part of the treatment as did counselling and others.
As soon as I finished with the antidepressants, my brain cleared within a few days.
The depression had lifted and I could think clearly.
The difference between first and second was awareness of my brain fug, first, not a clue, xecknd, I just went along and one of the reasons, I needed to get off them.
The whole thing was disturbing especially the memory loss, the difference in consciousness, manner, aware of needs and my family life!
My brain took a time out and slowly got my emotions back on track!
It really was a surprise to me when I finally wokeup, it was like a really bad dream, twice, and I have had countless number of them especially when Iill or not too good!
I could be dreaming now!
I'm knackered now!
Thanks again.

Best wishes

markpj31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.

Anyone else notice this?

I had covid (Delta) late December 2021 (positive PCR/LFT), unvaccinated. Actually one of my first symptoms was a lump of white/black phlegm that came up when I was on the exercise bike, but thats where it stopped. I didn't really have much else to be honest, other than I couldn't sleep, a slightly "funny" throat for a day and no taste or smell - it was very mild, and to be honest I've had much worse in the past, like the common cold. Smell is there at about 50% now, but taste is pretty rubbish at the moment 7 weeks later. That's it.

Just a note though, the vast majority of people have some minor damage to the lungs, something called "glass consolidation" which might be what causes the phlegm - of course this all heals overtime depending on the individual.