Carry Cases/Kit Bags

Paulgoldie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
Good evening all.

I am after some advice/recommendations on the above please. I am travelling for a holiday and have an 8 hour flight. I need to take my insulin pens and testing kit with me and so need a carry case/kit bag to take them in but there are so many available that I would like advice/recommendations from those that already have one.

Many thanks.

Paul

Reactions: Iswole

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I carry my 'in use' bolus insulin in my travel waistcoat along with my reader, needles and some glucose. All other diabetes supplies I pack in a rucksack that goes in the overhead locker. You don't need a special bag.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening all.

I am after some advice/recommendations on the above please. I am travelling for a holiday and have an 8 hour flight. I need to take my insulin pens and testing kit with me and so need a carry case/kit bag to take them in but there are so many available that I would like advice/recommendations from those that already have one.

Many thanks.

Paul

Hi,

To be honest. I've used a laptop backpack with an assortment of compartments for the last 20/25 years?
& I spent 16 of it touring with a metal band.. It did have a webbing pocket to allow a Frio wallet to breath thus keeping my insulin cool.

The most practical is sometimes thinking outside of the designed for the insulin using diabetic "box?"

Reactions: Paulgoldie

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I agree with the others - there is absolutely no need to buy a dedicated diabetes kit bag. I have been on hundreds of flights since starting with insulin and never spent a penny on a dedicated bag apart from a couple of Frio wallets for travel to hot climes.
That said, I only ever use one carry on bag - two would need to be carried so would just get in my way. I can fit a Kindle, phone, change of underwear, snacks and multiple weeks of diabetes kit in a single back pack so see no reason to make my life more challenging.

Reactions: Paulgoldie

Paulgoldie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
Very true, if the OP @Paulgoldie has not done a search on the forum yet, he will see plenty of suggestions from previous answers to similar requests to his.

Thank you for your reply. I did search the forum but it returned no matches under carry case. Maybe I used the wrong search term?

Reactions: Iswole

Vegman1441

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good evening all.

Many thanks.

Paul
Hi Try Amazon