1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Carry Cases/Kit Bags

Discussion in 'Type 2 with Insulin' started by Paulgoldie, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Paulgoldie

Paulgoldie Type 2 · Member

Good evening all.

I am after some advice/recommendations on the above please. I am travelling for a holiday and have an 8 hour flight. I need to take my insulin pens and testing kit with me and so need a carry case/kit bag to take them in but there are so many available that I would like advice/recommendations from those that already have one.

Many thanks.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  2. miahara

miahara Type 3c · Well-Known Member

I carry my 'in use' bolus insulin in my travel waistcoat along with my reader, needles and some glucose. All other diabetes supplies I pack in a rucksack that goes in the overhead locker. You don't need a special bag.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Very true, if the OP @Paulgoldie has not done a search on the forum yet, he will see plenty of suggestions from previous answers to similar requests to his.

4. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi,

To be honest. I've used a laptop backpack with an assortment of compartments for the last 20/25 years?
    & I spent 16 of it touring with a metal band.. It did have a webbing pocket to allow a Frio wallet to breath thus keeping my insulin cool.

The most practical is sometimes thinking outside of the designed for the insulin using diabetic "box?"

• Like Like x 1
  5. In Response

In Response Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I agree with the others - there is absolutely no need to buy a dedicated diabetes kit bag. I have been on hundreds of flights since starting with insulin and never spent a penny on a dedicated bag apart from a couple of Frio wallets for travel to hot climes.
    That said, I only ever use one carry on bag - two would need to be carried so would just get in my way. I can fit a Kindle, phone, change of underwear, snacks and multiple weeks of diabetes kit in a single back pack so see no reason to make my life more challenging.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paulgoldie

Paulgoldie Type 2 · Member

Thank you for your reply. I did search the forum but it returned no matches under carry case. Maybe I used the wrong search term?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook