What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.4

I am late to the party today, all because my Royal Mail parcel that was due first thing, didn't come until 12:30.

I was hanging around outside trying to do a bit of garden stuff, until I was tired of doing garden stuff...

I did take a kaleidoscope photo of my daffs.
But my heart was not in it. Sorry...

Going back to bed for a sleep...not for long I hope, just enough to refresh and revitalise me....

Actually, I am more in need of a replacement rebuild today...

I'll look in later at your morning posts...

120F9335-CE3C-44E5-AB9E-CAECA8C4A759.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
What a lovely morning to do the remake of our front garden crescent shaped border, we bought camellia in lovely shade of pink, and to complement the pink flowers we added red Robin shrubs along the front wall to add a bit of privacy eventually.
Then two Yucca plants one green one variegated and a Torbay palm to bring all the colours in border together we already had on front wall two well established hydrangeas in pink and burgundy flowers then on the edges of the crescent we thought we would plant some annuals like primula for the moment then add some other flowering plants has the year goes on. But has yet no updates to the tracking on the Mushroom compost or the soil to mix with it.
Hopefully it arrives by lunchtime or hubby is going to be out their majority of today good job it’s a sunny day, I’d phone the delivery company but can’t find a contact number has it’s being moved from Shropshire to warehouse en route to one nearer to us. If it’s not here by lunchtime I will contact the soil company direct and ask them to chase it up so we can get some answer to this process.
After all that BG this morning was 6.0 mmol very happy with that and doctor finally got back to me to say I can come off Gliclizide so hurrah to that, next to be rid of is Frusomide for my never ending swollen ankles with no explanation from doctors has to why this is happening either. Have a lovely day everyone. K
Good news on the withdrawal of Gliclizide. I hope the mushroom compost arrives on time. My homeland had a mushroom compost site which was very "fragrant." I have largely no idea what any of those plants/flowers/shrubs are but I hope the final effect exceeds all expectations. My idea of a front garden is at least a mile between any house and me then a wide grass verge, ditch, hedge and large gates. Not everyone's cup of tea but I like a little privacy - more they shall not pass if I'm honest. Sadly, I now endure a bijou lawnette, flowers and houses I can see. I may be missing "home" but genuinely wish you years of pleasure from the garden makeover.
@ianpspurs got cut short earlier my granddaughter and her pug Pablo called to see us, your homeland sounds idyllic we’re we live was when I was a girl was all farms has far has the eye could see, dairy with his milk cart and horse fresh milk in churns delivered to your door where he would fill your jug with milk, then corn wheat potatoes carrots turnip fields chicken farm marvelous childhood, school just along the road. Sadly like many other places all the farms are now gone and estates have sprung up everywhere, but our lovely bungalow built on one of those farms is ideal good sized back garden and the same at the front. Back garden has a marvellous Magnolia we planted many years ago and sitting outside this afternoon the heady scent wafting around the garden from the flowers was beautiful, my husband last year planted 3 other kinds of Magnolias so looking forward to when they mature and I can smell the scent from them. We have always loved gardening and now we are both retired in between travelling the garden is our favourite place to be when weather permits, eating alfresco in summer months is great sitting in the evening watching the sun go down peaceful what more can you want. Alls well with the world for that brief moment treasure it the memories are imprinted in our minds so your homeland is never far away. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fbg 6.4

I am late to the party today, all because my Royal Mail parcel that was due first thing, didn't come until 12:30.

I was hanging around outside trying to do a bit of garden stuff, until I was tired of doing garden stuff...

Going back to bed for a sleep...not for long I hope, just enough to refresh and revitalise me....

View attachment 53935
Beautiful glad your rested enough to have done your daffodil kalidoscope gennepher. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
What a lovely morning to do the remake of our front garden crescent shaped border, we bought camellia in lovely shade of pink, and to complement the pink flowers we added red Robin shrubs along the front wall to add a bit of privacy eventually.
Then two Yucca plants one green one variegated and a Torbay palm to bring all the colours in border together we already had on front wall two well established hydrangeas in pink and burgundy flowers then on the edges of the crescent we thought we would plant some annuals like primula for the moment then add some other flowering plants has the year goes on. But has yet no updates to the tracking on the Mushroom compost or the soil to mix with it.
Hopefully it arrives by lunchtime or hubby is going to be out their majority of today good job it’s a sunny day, I’d phone the delivery company but can’t find a contact number has it’s being moved from Shropshire to warehouse en route to one nearer to us. If it’s not here by lunchtime I will contact the soil company direct and ask them to chase it up so we can get some answer to this process.
After all that BG this morning was 6.0 mmol very happy with that and doctor finally got back to me to say I can come off Gliclizide so hurrah to that, next to be rid of is Frusomide for my never ending swollen ankles with no explanation from doctors has to why this is happening either. Have a lovely day everyone. K

Mushroom compost and soil finally arrived after 3 pm hasn’t taken hubby long to empty the1200kg mushroom compost then half the soil save rest of 1200 kg soil bag for back garden, next will be bark to stop the weeds coming through then we get the time to enjoy it without the hard work..Planting up tomorrow probably, I had planned on going to fish market to get in some fresh salmon, but I don’t think I will somehow get there. So it will be Friday or Saturday before we can go but we won’t starve in the meantime so not a problem. K

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
No idea what happened to yesterday's post.
Anyway no FBG this morning, it got forgotten in the rush to get out for an early appointment.
One of my misdirected and reordered parcels arrived today, damaged, but worse still, I had failed to check measurements and it won't go where intended. Not sure what to do now.
Sunny weather continues but my local postie gives warning about planting too early, "soon comes again the freeze"

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on what looks likely to be another blistering day here in the dark and dangerous north - might even get up as far as 16degC when huddling out of the wind - it’s all relative. A hodgepodge of a day yesterday - a bit of ‘tidy up time’ and a sneaky go with the new bass broom. Waited in for half the morning for a delivery only to be informed at 11am that delivery will now be today - drat - I have left instructions and will just go out for a very slow and leisurely jog. My sister, one who lives in the USA calls that most important of rooms ‘the John’ - I am going to call mine ‘the Jim’ so that I can annoy people when mentioning that I am off to the Jim.
Art bit - a bit of colour. Have yourselves a very merry Wednesday, if you have grandchildren with you, get some chalk out and play hopscotch. But first, koffy.

View attachment 53912
Hope you enjoyed your blistering day yesterday, and that the Jim got christened...

I like the colour in your Art bit @dunelm I like the whole painting, but especially that peachy orange bit in the cliffs/mountains. It raises hopefulness somehow for me...so that is my weird two penny worth...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No idea what happened to yesterday's post.
Anyway no FBG this morning, it got forgotten in the rush to get out for an early appointment.
One of my misdirected and reordered parcels arrived today, damaged, but worse still, I had failed to check measurements and it won't go where intended. Not sure what to do now.
Sunny weather continues but my local postie gives warning about planting too early, "soon comes again the freeze"
Sunny here too, but very deceptive. As soon as it drops below the trees, then a sudden icy cold...
Sorry about your parcels fiasco @SlimLizzy
Hugs for all that frustration.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good news on Gliclizide front and all the best for mushroomgate.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.4

View attachment 53935
Looks like the aliens have landed in a host of bowled over daffodils.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you enjoyed your blistering day yesterday, and that the Jim got christened...

I like the colour in your Art bit @dunelm I like the whole painting, but especially that peachy orange bit in the cliffs/mountains. It raises hopefulness somehow for me...so that is my weird two penny worth...
Thanks @gennepher , hope springs eternal and I did manage to find time in my busy schedule to visit the Jim.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on what looks like another day of wonderfulness up here in the dark and dangerous north.
Had a leisurely wander into town late morning and managed to find a vacant table outdoors at a cafe in the town square that was bathed in sunshine. Mrs Miggins tells me that it is raining in Turkey - and cold. Oh dear, schadenfreude sprang to mind as I sipped my freshly made koffy, sitting in the warmth of a tropical heatwave and no flight to three hours into the future to worry about. Her and her two sisters will be back early on Sunday morning. Meantime, a delivery of paviors has been made and brother in law is coming round this morning to finish off the path in the back garden. First double bin day of the year here today - such excitement could result in an epidemic of swooning. I have had strict instructions about the placement of the garden bin - not too close to the recycling bin and make sure I make a special effort to wave at both bin lorries when they arrive - hopefully in a single convoy and early enough to block traffic as folk try desperately to get to work on time.
Art bit - cropped the bottom of this one as I did not like the way it was turning out - never mind, I can save the whole piece and use it as wrapping paper. Have yourselves a marvellous day and I hope that the sun shines brightly for you. Best make some koffy now.

upload_2022-3-24_7-2-6.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.4

I opened my eyes as dawn was breaking and I could see a moving black shadow outside my glass bedroom door to the garden.
Shadow was demanding first dibs this morning.
So, the obedient waitress I am, I got the cat bowls, and opened the study door, where I keep the cat food.
Surprise, surprise.
Shadow actually came inside, into the study. Just as far as the doormat inside. So, I stroked her. And she is impatiently eating from them as I am preparing the dishes. I let her eat inside, and then it was as if she 'remembered' she hadn't intended she was coming inside and went out side the door. So, I put the dishes in their usual place under the swing. And left her to it. She polished everything off, but I hadn't finishes my coffee yet! So, the next customer had to wait. Mrs Blackbird was scolding me not refilling the dry cat biscuits quickly enough, and was eating from my hand as I was trying to refill the dish.

My kaleidoscope I took at first light, with the Laboscope app, through my bedroom window. I think it looks Christmassy. What is in it? The pointed petal shapes are the camouflage netting on top of my wooden swing. The cone like shapes in between, are the willow tree which has loads of catkins on it. And also loads of bugs which my little female bluetit returns to partake of every day. Her mate has taken her to pastures anew, but she returns several times a day for the plentiful bugs in my garden (there are no pesticides used in this garden), and also for the fatballs. Hubby bluetit doesn't come into my garden now, but flies overhead cross-crossing the airways until she has finished feeding and she rejoins him again.

Time for a fourth coffee...

3FF17D35-D3E4-4FEA-A884-5D82CF59F57A.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on what looks like another day of wonderfulness up here in the dark and dangerous north.
Had a leisurely wander into town late morning and managed to find a vacant table outdoors at a cafe in the town square that was bathed in sunshine. Mrs Miggins tells me that it is raining in Turkey - and cold. Oh dear, schadenfreude sprang to mind as I sipped my freshly made koffy, sitting in the warmth of a tropical heatwave and no flight to three hours into the future to worry about. Her and her two sisters will be back early on Sunday morning. Meantime, a delivery of paviors has been made and brother in law is coming round this morning to finish off the path in the back garden. First double bin day of the year here today - such excitement could result in an epidemic of swooning. I have had strict instructions about the placement of the garden bin - not too close to the recycling bin and make sure I make a special effort to wave at both bin lorries when they arrive - hopefully in a single convoy and early enough to block traffic as folk try desperately to get to work on time.
Art bit - cropped the bottom of this one as I did not like the way it was turning out - never mind, I can save the whole piece and use it as wrapping paper. Have yourselves a marvellous day and I hope that the sun shines brightly for you. Best make some koffy now.

View attachment 53939
Oh dear for poor Mrs Miggins @dunelm
It looks like you have the best deal for sunny holiday weather...

Wrapping paper for your art bit? I am using my early paintings this year and turning them into birthday cards...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning. Mr K did the early morning dog walk as I felt unusually tired this morning. He is also doing the shop at Aldi shortly.

Had sad news yesterday - a really lovely client died from a heart attack this week. His wife still came to their class yesterday - which was quite emotional. She said that it made her feel better to do the class.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 this morning. Mr K did the early morning dog walk as I felt unusually tired this morning. He is also doing the shop at Aldi shortly.

Had sad news yesterday - a really lovely client died from a heart attack this werk. His wife still came to their class yesterday - which was quite emotional. She said that it made her feel better to do the class.
Hugs for that sad news @Krystyna23040

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As the great philosopher Mr Micky Flanagan may have said on occasions, Thursday's come round a bit lively. Sad news about your client @Krystyna23040 and fascinating how people react to the death of a spouse. Of course there isn't a proper way to act or feel. Wonderful fbg for you and Mr K really does go above and beyond - set the bar rather high for the rest of us. @dunelm thanks for the art and image of #binlorrycalvalcaderage. @gennepher more wonderful tales of Gennepher's Diner, thanks. I agree the kaleidoscope today looks Christmassy. Must go as I am trying to stop micro particles of PlayDoh covering every square ?? of the room I just cleaned ready for two granddaughters. JKP is fast asleep, missing all the fun. Stay safe and maybe scale down ideas of that yacht in the Bahamas after the shock of the obvious yesterday. Enjoy the Sunakshine while it lasts. (Swipey didn't want to talk to phone earlier but was a very good boy yesterday) The forgotten millions? Look down the back of the sofa @dunelm :angelic:

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.4

I opened my eyes as dawn was breaking and I could see a moving black shadow outside my glass bedroom door to the garden.
Shadow was demanding first dibs this morning.
So, the obedient waitress I am, I got the cat bowls, and opened the study door, where I keep the cat food.
Surprise, surprise.
Shadow actually came inside, into the study. Just as far as the doormat inside. So, I stroked her. And she is impatiently eating from them as I am preparing the dishes. I let her eat inside, and then it was as if she 'remembered' she hadn't intended she was coming inside and went out side the door. So, I put the dishes in their usual place under the swing. And left her to it. She polished everything off, but I hadn't finishes my coffee yet! So, the next customer had to wait. Mrs Blackbird was scolding me not refilling the dry cat biscuits quickly enough, and was eating from my hand as I was trying to refill the dish.

My kaleidoscope I took at first light, with the Laboscope app, through my bedroom window. I think it looks Christmassy. What is in it? The pointed petal shapes are the camouflage netting on top of my wooden swing. The cone like shapes in between, are the willow tree which has loads of catkins on it. And also loads of bugs which my little female bluetit returns to partake of every day. Her mate has taken her to pastures anew, but she returns several times a day for the plentiful bugs in my garden (there are no pesticides used in this garden), and also for the fatballs. Hubby bluetit doesn't come into my garden now, but flies overhead cross-crossing the airways until she has finished feeding and she rejoins him again.

Time for a fourth coffee...

View attachment 53938
Very festive - this one has turned out really good

Reactions: ianpspurs