What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An odd few days

Having to REALLY learn to temper what I do physically.

Far too easy day one, to feel so good and slightly exceed myself in the mistaken belief, I'm pushing myself , in a good way

and then spend one or two days recovering.

I think I said I bought a kick scooter (you know, the kids kind)

Idea was to use to free me up, expand horizons, beyond just these four walls, until I heal enough to walk any thing beyond 50 paces.

Worked too
However, it's real purpose was to join Lauren & furry nephew on walk around our favourite gardens.

Bottom line
But off more then I could chew .
yep failed miserably..
poor obs,
let wishes overcome reality.

Pathway all around park
Tarmac surely ?, well it was in my head.:rolleyes:

Nope.. some kind of pebble infused sand/concrete

The scooter was fine, the 1bhp engine however, not so fine

A hard push even on the flat, but add in any uphill gradient, and it was more trouble then it was worth :sorry:

Though the hills down were..WEEEEeeee :D
They were too few to mention

Cue, me trudging behind pushing scooter, like some brat hanging back because they didn't get the ice cream they wanted.

Even had Lauren , take scooter off me so I could concentrate on walking :arghh: ( gawd bless her...why does her feeling sorry for me, sadden me so much :bag:)

Ego bruised, lesson learned

Upside is, nephews wife kindly lent me e-scooter.
Unsure if I'd use or like..mmhh.

Seems I can.:)
Seems I do :D

Just have to overcome the illegal aspect of it, and trust in the scooter massive, cloaking me from the long arm of the law

May have to get a tattoo and a cut off leather, if I'm going to pull this one off .

Going with
"Sons of Agony" for the top rocker on back :D;)

It's quite a heavy e-scooter, as most are I suspect
So in my current state, it's
Lift
Step one
Lift
Step two..etc etc
To bring back in to house

Yesterday, doing my step dance,
Plagued by bumble bee that rather annoyingly, buzzed me every step of the way ..ggrr.

A rest day today featuring.
Pacing & patience.

My new watchwords :rolleyes::sorry:

Off to make that tea I promised myself an hour ago :)

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

An infrequent check of FBG last few days.

An inspiring 6.7 with a more usual smattering of bond inspired 007.1 and thereabouts sadly

Diet drifting back to more LCHF terms.
Meds however been a bit more tricky

Currently only on
Paracetamol
Codeine
Amitriptyline

Got paracetamol taken off my prescriptions as " they're cheap as chips"
And codeine I had to haggle for as "they can be addictive"and reduced to one, WHEN needed, as part of my side of the bargain
And amil upped to cover shortfall

All good advice I guess ...
Except, now I'm doing more Inc physio, pain is near constant

Not the OMG type, but the running under the surface kind, where you are constantly braced for a sudden increase and disturbance, and then sit quietly as it just nags away for ages until meds kick in ...

The kind of meds that should be on a regular cycle perhaps to soothe the pain wave ..mmhh.

Moaned about paracetamol, as yes cheap as chips, but not sure what it's like elsewhere, but it's restricted one pack only, in most stores

So I feel like some crime boss sending people out to source my drugs, from different stores

Not something I want to do or can manage myself on a daily basis :rolleyes:

But good sense had prevailed, paracetamol back on my prescription..:D

The amil was to relax the nerves, numb some pain

Works well.
Except 2 tablets has me a little zombie like on waking...so cutting back to 1.
(Only really take at night), was meant for shoulder..healing quite well now, not given me any issues while sleeping .
Same can't be said of hand /wrist, sadly

The use of it plus the passive physio leaves that 'tight elastic band " feeling around the wrist

However I lay it in bed, is causing a nagging pain ..and the amitriptyline seems to help ease it,
But i now double up with some codeine too

One or two very poor nights rest without it, just doesn't seem a fair exchange .

I'll just have to do my best and not turn into begsby or one of the others from trainspotting.;)

Enjoy the day
Dull & overcast here in the capital :sorry:
Yup @jjraak
I get the pain meds situation with docs, and trying to source the now missing ones from the shops. It takes me ages and makes me feel like I am doing something I shouldn't...
Yet they upped the codeine to addictive level...but it sends me to to La La land, and total incapacitation. So I don't take that cos it renders me entirely useless.
And they reduced my Amitriptyline to a useless 10mg tablet daily for me. An earlier doc, now retired, gave me a sensible higher dose of Amitriptyline for me, which had worked beautifully....

Hugs for all that.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a damp squib of a start here in the dark and dangerous north
A late start, koffy already on the go and wondering what today will bring. Mrs Miggins has dropped the girl in the bubble off at nursery and will be taking here swimming when she picks her back up at 1130. A new inflatable ring has made an appearance as the tiny and delicate sweetheart has decided that arm bands are really not for her, as everyone for miles was informed in no uncertain terms the last time that they were fitted. How do such small people make such loud noises?
Art bit - dark and dangerous skies. Have a wonderful day if you can. I have drunk my koffy and taken my pills so better lounge about for a while and then make more koffy.

View attachment 53982
Enjoy that coffee @dunelm
I would like my skies blue today please...
But your dark and dangerous skies are dramatic, especially with the splashes of orange...

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An odd few days

Having to REALLY learn to temper what I do physically.

Far too easy day one, to feel so good and slightly exceed myself in the mistaken belief, I'm pushing myself , in a good way

and then spend one or two days recovering.

I think I said I bought a kick scooter (you know, the kids kind)

Idea was to use to free me up, expand horizons, beyond just these four walls, until I heal enough to walk any thing beyond 50 paces.

Worked too
However, it's real purpose was to join Lauren & furry nephew on walk around our favourite gardens.

Bottom line
But off more then I could chew .
yep failed miserably..
poor obs,
let wishes overcome reality.

Pathway all around park
Tarmac surely ?, well it was in my head.:rolleyes:

Nope.. some kind of pebble infused sand/concrete

The scooter was fine, the 1bhp engine however, not so fine

A hard push even on the flat, but add in any uphill gradient, and it was more trouble then it was worth :sorry:

Though the hills down were..WEEEEeeee :D
They were too few to mention

Cue, me trudging behind pushing scooter, like some brat hanging back because they didn't get the ice cream they wanted.

Even had Lauren , take scooter off me so I could concentrate on walking :arghh: ( gawd bless her...why does her feeling sorry for me, sadden me so much :bag:)

Ego bruised, lesson learned

Upside is, nephews wife kindly lent me e-scooter.
Unsure if I'd use or like..mmhh.

Seems I can.:)
Seems I do :D

Just have to overcome the illegal aspect of it, and trust in the scooter massive, cloaking me from the long arm of the law

May have to get a tattoo and a cut off leather, if I'm going to pull this one off .

Going with
"Sons of Agony" for the top rocker on back :D;)

It's quite a heavy e-scooter, as most are I suspect
So in my current state, it's
Lift
Step one
Lift
Step two..etc etc
To bring back in to house

Yesterday, doing my step dance,
Plagued by bumble bee that rather annoyingly, buzzed me every step of the way ..ggrr.

A rest day today featuring.
Pacing & patience.

My new watchwords :rolleyes::sorry:

Off to make that tea I promised myself an hour ago :)
Ah, pacing and patience - I think that I am embracing that and then the next morning my back tells me otherwise.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. Swipey implied 4.9 would be a good first bid today, fair enough. Weather here is dull as ditch water and requires 32000 layers. @jjraak winner for Jack Hargreaves and e-scooter, hug for the pain, painkillers and battle twixt ego and reality. @gennepher hug for the temporary setback over #foodtrialgate but I'm sure you'll emerge victorious. Thanks for the kaleidoscope and here's a chune for the straycats (lyrics). @dunelm thanks for the art and insight into the monstrous maltreatment of TGIB. Probably sounded like our cutest granddaughter does should anyone dare to tell her (or even the dogs) no. Mordor and Mrs A J's scales in one post Alfred - how very droll. @Jojo85 great fbg, good to celebrate with family. Stay safe everyone, take it easy, manage The D well but individually. We all have our own unique, God given identity as distinct as our fingerprints.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings one and all. Swipey implied 4.9 would be a good first bid today, fair enough. Weather here is dull as ditch water and requires 32000 layers. @jjraak winner for Jack Hargreaves and e-scooter, hug for the pain, painkillers and battle twixt ego and reality. @gennepher hug for the temporary setback over #foodtrialgate but I'm sure you'll emerge victorious. Thanks for the kaleidoscope and here's a chune for the straycats (lyrics). @dunelm thanks for the art and insight into the monstrous maltreatment of TGIB. Probably sounded like our cutest granddaughter does should anyone dare to tell her (or even the dogs) no. Mordor and Mrs A J's scales in one post Alfred - how very droll. @Jojo85 great fbg, good to celebrate with family. Stay safe everyone, take it easy, manage The D well but individually. We all have our own unique, God given identity as distinct as our fingerprints.
Thanks @ianpspurs
For compliments, tune, and lyrics
:)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Granddaughter in Canada is doing a family tree for a school project so have been doing some frantic scrabbling through loads of paperwork in filing cabinet. Typed out a neat copy of family tree and it is now on its way via email to Canada. Must now get ready for work.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh. So not nice.

But good use of cupboard Roulette..;)

Good you realised what caused it, though :)

I don't often get indigestion, but I certainly suffered heartburn, something wicked pre LCHF & DX.

Rennie a constant in the meds cabinet
Resting in retirement up until recently .

Diet shot to pot after hospital, once home mixed messages to dietary recovery, so I too rolled a six, from heavens knows when, with the Rennie

Must be pre aug 2018 .

Worked :)
Not dead yet :D

Here's to indi free for you, from now on :happy:
Good that we both were OK after consuming the very out of date indi meds.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no! Not another 57 ailments to find homes for - are we all heading for the Heinz factory

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The report is from the University of Cambridge so Waitrose 1 if you please.:D

Might explain why despite such research, most still pump out,

Nut allergies, just eat half the packet.;)
Radiation ?. Stay safe & move to the outside of the reactor, please.:banghead:

Ho hum..:rolleyes:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Thanks @dunelm
Shadow is winning, she has just investigated several rooms in my bungalow, but shot out when she saw I had seen her.
Perhaps she needs the place redecorated and reorganised for her....
I think it is you that is winning her over

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
FBG was 5.4 this morning
Am currently living on coffee, carbs and adrenaline, with guests on an emotional rollercoaster. Stressful for all of us.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all.

An infrequent check of FBG last few days.

An inspiring 6.7 with a more usual smattering of bond inspired 007.1 and thereabouts sadly

Diet drifting back to more LCHF terms.
Meds however been a bit more tricky

Currently only on
Paracetamol
Codeine
Amitriptyline

Got paracetamol taken off my prescriptions as " they're cheap as chips"
And codeine I had to haggle for as "they can be addictive"and reduced to one, WHEN needed, as part of my side of the bargain
And amil upped to cover shortfall

All good advice I guess ...
Except, now I'm doing more Inc physio, pain is near constant

Not the OMG type, but the running under the surface kind, where you are constantly braced for a sudden increase and disturbance, and then sit quietly as it just nags away for ages until meds kick in ...

The kind of meds that should be on a regular cycle perhaps to soothe the pain wave ..mmhh.

Moaned about paracetamol, as yes cheap as chips, but not sure what it's like elsewhere, but it's restricted one pack only, in most stores

So I feel like some crime boss sending people out to source my drugs, from different stores

Not something I want to do or can manage myself on a daily basis :rolleyes:

But good sense had prevailed, paracetamol back on my prescription..:D

The amil was to relax the nerves, numb some pain

Works well.
Except 2 tablets has me a little zombie like on waking...so cutting back to 1.
(Only really take at night), was meant for shoulder..healing quite well now, not given me any issues while sleeping .
Same can't be said of hand /wrist, sadly

The use of it plus the passive physio leaves that 'tight elastic band " feeling around the wrist

However I lay it in bed, is causing a nagging pain ..and the amitriptyline seems to help ease it,
But i now double up with some codeine too

One or two very poor nights rest without it, just doesn't seem a fair exchange .

I'll just have to do my best and not turn into begsby or one of the others from trainspotting.;)

Enjoy the day
Dull & overcast here in the capital :sorry:
When MrSlim had broken ribs doc advised paracetamol and ibuprofen taken separately i think 3 hours apart, so that one of them was always effective.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading this article makes me so pleased that we have got some strategies to fight T2D. They might not be perfect strategies but they do help considerably.
Odd how supposedly unconnected ideas come together. I read this poem and analysis after that piece from The Guardian on T2. @jjraak it seems to answer your point. Lizard brain usually wins. Moses actually stopped, took time out to look at the burning bush and amazing things happened. For some of us affliction - T2 or worse - is our burning bush. That one isn't in Fung.:angelic:
Might explain why despite such research, most still pump out,

Nut allergies, just eat half the packet.;)
Radiation ?. Stay safe & move to the outside of the reactor, please.:banghead:

Ho hum..:rolleyes:
May be a good idea just to ignore me - I'm odd.

Last edited: