3 Months on HbA1c results

Blade72

Hi

I updated you a while back after first being diagnosed before Xmas with a
HbA1c 96 I'm now at 39.

I've achieved thus with support from my amazing wife introducing ingredients swaps , baking me low carb bread, buying low carb food where possible, carb counting and embarking on a lifestyle change which has seen me lose 22lbs.

Obviously it's a good result but one I don't take for granted and will continue with my lifestyle change and weight loss programme. I'm 49 and have also upped my exercise regime by walking more.

Thankyou to those in the group who have given me support

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant result, and what an angel of a wife - buy the lady some flowers if you haven't already.

It's so much easier to keep to the straight and narrow with a supportive family.

Reactions: Blade72

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent results and wonderful that you have amazing support too - it’s hard to make changes with no support. I’m very grateful like you for the supportative members on this forum too.
Results like yours too help to keep motivation going.

Blade72

Excellent results and wonderful that you have amazing support too - it’s hard to make changes with no support. I’m very grateful like you for the supportative members on this forum too.
Results like yours too help to keep motivation going.
Thank you that's kind words

Blade72

Brilliant result, and what an angel of a wife - buy the lady some flowers if you haven't already.

It's so much easier to keep to the straight and narrow with a supportive family.
Yes it is , she was also talking about low carb food before I was diagnosed, but she has done a lot of research and created dishes that taste what I call normal but the subtle ingredients swaps mean it's low carb. I was sceptical at first but with the weight loss and blood sugars coming down something is working.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Now that is what you call teamwork! Brilliant result. Brilliant wife :) well done to you both.

D

Deleted member 543160

Congratulations to both you and your supportive wife on those great results.

Low carb as you've discovered certainly doesn't mean low quality low pleasure eating!