What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon all, sometimes life just gets busy other times hectic. Reading some of the posts today me, me’s and myself think cars are far too complicated and confound us all when not behaving, in olden times we had starting handles and half expected the car not to start, so we all had contingency plans. My sole remaining brain cell goes out to you all.
Blood sugars this morning were 5.5, I shall say nuffin’ about that meter.
Some sad news, I wrote a few weeks ago about my girlfriend number 5 dying she was 90 yrs old, well her husband aged 93 died Saturday afternoon, this year they would have been celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary. In case you’re wondering girlfriend status is conferred on those ladies that make copious amounts of tea. The end of an era.
This confirms my belief that life should be lived for the now.
Stay safe all.

Sorry for her loss.

But liking your outlook
Live now or regret later

We are, after all.
A long time dead.

Let the good times roll :happy:

Reactions: alf_Josiah

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think a pony and trap would be easier than that car...
Although people round here complain and post on the neighbourhood internet site when a horse goes past and the owner does not stop to pick up those little piles the horses leave behind....
I think they are talking C***.

Just my opinion ;):bag:

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late report .

As your leader I'd like to say .
I didn't understand the rules I signed up too
And help construct.
I had no idea this was a forum of
like minded people
And the bigger boys made me do it

So Nuffink to do wiv me,

But I am SORRY...OK ...HAPPY NOW !!

Anyways.:rolleyes:

FBG was 7.4
Can't moan

Day chilling
Sets of exercises, so dull.. yet exhausting me

Mind of a 21 year old
Body of a 70 year old
Muscles of Les Dawson's mil.:hilarious::hilarious:

Aches, pains, cramps.

I was like a lady in labour, and I was only doing squats and tippy toes stuff ...o m g .:banghead::rolleyes:

And the marathon is next week ...jeez

So a few days off not doing ANYTHING exciting,
But out for lunch / dinner with Steph tomorrow, muscles allowing

Then an early morning appointment thursday with the Tenko trained hand therapist.

Teaching me to grasp money like it's a Tory MPs last million.and some greedy pensioner/child/normal folk wants some of it to buy pasta.

SOoo. not happening at the moment.

Small child could snatch it out of my hand,
Probably waste it on wellie for puddles, :rolleyes:

but I'll get there,by hook or by crook.

Then it's all go .. for Lauren
Busy weekend for her ...

But it does Mean...
TV to myself
Cold ones in the fridge
&
Lc snacks ( to be bought )

Yep, all good to go.:happy:

Not to panic anyone, just saying

Need car for hospital, lending to niece,
Just like a daughter to me... Cars almost empty.:hilarious:

Go to refresh
BP..no diesel
No 5% ethanol.
Only a few 10%
Ethanol in use .

Took my turn, then got enough for me.

Might be wise to buy early, bank holiday weekend, could be busy :)

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late report .

And help construct.
like minded people

So Nuffink to do wiv me,

FBG was 7.4
Can't moan

Day chilling

Mind of a 21 year old
Body of a 70 year old

Aches, pains, cramps.

I was like a lady in labour, and I was only doing squats and tippy toes stuff ...o m g .:banghead::rolleyes:

So a few days off nit doing ANYTHING exciting,
But out fur lunch / dinner with Steph tomorrow, muscles allowing

Then an early morning appointment thursday with the Tenko trained hand therapist.

Teaching me to grasp money like it's a Tory MPs last million.and some greedy pensioner/child/normal folk wants some of it to buy pasta.

Busy weekend for her ...

But it does Mean...
TV to myself
Cold ones in the fridge
&

Go to refresh
BP..no diesel
No 5% ethanol.
Only a few 10%
Ethanol in use .

I thought I would get in early, just to cheer you up...
g47005.gif

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think a pony and trap would be easier than that car...
Although people round here complain and post on the neighbourhood internet site when a horse goes past and the owner does not stop to pick up those little piles the horses leave behind....
Very good for enriching the soil, especially around rose bushes.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late report .

And help construct.
like minded people

So Nuffink to do wiv me,

FBG was 7.4
Can't moan

Day chilling

Mind of a 21 year old
Body of a 70 year old

Aches, pains, cramps.

So a few days off nit doing ANYTHING exciting,
But out fur lunch / dinner with Steph tomorrow, muscles allowing

Busy weekend for her ...

But it does Mean...
TV to myself
Cold ones in the fridge
&

Go to refresh
BP..no diesel
No 5% ethanol.
Only a few 10%
Ethanol in use .

So frustrating when mind and body are light years apart and on different memos. Enjoy your lunch/dinner, it’s not nil by mouth. Always a joy to be in charge of the remote. Each step and all that.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. The sun is shining on the sea, shining with all his might He’s doing his very best to make the billows smooth and bright - to paraphrase Mr Carroll. Spoiler alert are the clouds looming in the wings - we will see. Yesterday turned in to monsoon deluge appreciation day so don’t get too excited @jjraak - however the ninky nonks and girl in the bubble went off to a play area with Mrs Miggins and Little Miss Pamplemouse stayed with me and painted. They are all going swimming today apart from one of the ninky nonks who doesn’t want to go so I will her entertainment, where is that clown nose and large shoes. I love that Max Wall look.
Art bit - a tree and a boat. Have a marvellous Mittwoch - we need to sort out the bins for tomorrow at some point. But first, koffy.

upload_2022-4-13_7-58-4.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone. The sun is shining on the sea, shining with all his might He’s doing his very best to make the billows smooth and bright - to paraphrase Mr Carroll. Spoiler alert are the clouds looming in the wings - we will see. Yesterday turned in to monsoon deluge appreciation day so don’t get too excited @jjraak - however the ninky nonks and girl in the bubble went off to a play area with Mrs Miggins and Little Miss Pamplemouse stayed with me and painted. They are all going swimming today apart from one of the ninky nonks who doesn’t want to go so I will her entertainment, where is that clown nose and large shoes. I love that Max Wall look.
Art bit - a tree and a boat. Have a marvellous Mittwoch - we need to sort out the bins for tomorrow at some point. But first, koffy.

View attachment 54138
It was horrible rain yesterday, wasn't it?
I haven't filled my bins this week, so I will give them a holiday tomorrow...
Great Art bit!
Beautiful delicate tree.
Enjoy your day...

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings fellow above ground diabetics especially all whose body rejects the notion of free movement by taking back control painfully and against all your best interests. Now where have I seen that before? Still no Swipey but this piffling rule following exemplified by checking bg levels doesn't suit us buccaneering, heroic men of vision. Especially leaders born on any given June 19th. @jjraak I gave a hug for your post yesterday but could easily have given a winner for the fighting spirit it contained. Best way to eat an elephant etc - I'm told they are LC and full of protein. However, one hears many things. @dunelm thanks for the art and enjoy your day with the NN after yesterday with LMP. My replacement fitbit is now functional if disgusted with what it is learning about its wearer. Selected highlights: sleep score of 80 and 8% tossing and turning (free premium is so useful). Weigh in day today - not happy but transit delays inflate weight. I have absolutely no use whatsoever for a BMI of 22.8 - do help yourselves to the glut. Take care, never apologise or admit guilt and be assured smirking is no longer bad for you - it is positively encouraged. Don't you know there's a culture war on?

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and those paying the price of being in the media’s spotlight.
This mornings offering to the deity of blood sugars was a 5.5. I think my meter is an archvicar therefore not to be trusted a bit like the media and politicians.
Here in Tilehurst Towers today will be composted of plinky plonky lessons, preparation for said lessons, a lateral flow test again for said lessons and standing in and under the very localised rain cabinet. Of course Mrs J will relish the time I am away from her supervision.
Stay safe all.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

I didn't feel well yesterday with my car refusing me entry even with the manual key (I did get in it in the end) but I hadn't realised I was so soaked in that rain, I should have changed clothes before I went to the shops, but I didn't want to risk the car locking me out again. So slept under my nice warm electric blanket most of the day.

Mr Magpie came many times to the diner yesterday. I am assuming he might have little ones, or his missus is being very demanding sitting on those eggs. He even came at dusk. The light was fading. I hadn't brought in the cat diner yet. It was nearly empty. Mr Magpie was very nervous. I have never seen him this time of day before. I expect the birds to be in bed by then. He was looking every which way before he ate some wet food (a few scraps left) and then took a mouthful back to his missus. He has already been back this morning after Shadow took the best bits of wet cat food.

Creative today - ink painting photographed on the postcard. Several apps used to finish the details...ZenBrush3, Procreate, and then Snapseed4name&frame.

Researched Tens machines yesterday while in bed. Researched food dehydrators also. And something else.
Ordered.
Coming on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They might be here before then.

Have your best day you can...

I will...

9A312529-8305-4F71-A55B-CD981A7560C7.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and those paying the price of being in the media’s spotlight.
This mornings offering to the deity of blood sugars was a 5.5. I think my meter is an archvicar therefore not to be trusted a bit like the media and politicians.
Here in Tilehurst Towers today will be composted of plinky plonky lessons, preparation for said lessons, a lateral flow test again for said lessons and standing in and under the very localised rain cabinet. Of course Mrs J will relish the time I am away from her supervision.
Stay safe all.

Sounds like s nicely planned day :)

Sure you not being under her feet, by her side will be a cross Mrs J carries stoically. ;)

Enjoy the nasal wiping :bag:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

I didn't feel well yesterday with my car refusing me entry even with the manual key (I did get in it in the end) but I hadn't realised I was so soaked in that rain, I should have changed clothes before I went to the shops, but I didn't want to risk the car locking me out again. So slept under my nice warm electric blanket most of the day.

Mr Magpie came many times to the diner yesterday. I am assuming he might have little ones, or his missus is being very demanding sitting on those eggs. He even came at dusk. The light was fading. I hadn't brought in the cat diner yet. It was nearly empty. Mr Magpie was very nervous. I have never seen him this time of day before. I expect the birds to be in bed by then. He was looking every which way before he ate some wet food (a few scraps left) and then took a mouthful back to his missus. He has already been back this morning after Shadow took the best bits of wet cat food.

Creative today - ink painting photographed on the postcard. Several apps used to finish the details...ZenBrush3, Procreate, and then Snapseed4name&frame.

Researched Tens machines yesterday while in bed. Researched food dehydrators also. And something else.
Ordered.
Coming on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They might be here before then.

Have your best day you can...

I will...

View attachment 54139
Hug for yesterday's soaking but winner for the orders, sharing your art, your sharing, caring nature generally but particularly with the wildlife.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings fellow above ground diabetics especially all whose body rejects the notion of free movement by taking back control painfully and against all your best interests. Now where have I seen that before? Still no Swipey but this piffling rule following exemplified by checking bg levels doesn't suit us buccaneering, heroic men of vision. Especially leaders born on any given June 19th. @jjraak I gave a hug for your post yesterday but could easily have given a winner for the fighting spirit it contained. Best way to eat an elephant etc - I'm told they are LC and full of protein. However, one hears many things. @dunelm thanks for the art and enjoy your day with the NN after yesterday with LMP. My replacement fitbit is now functional if disgusted with what it is learning about its wearer. Selected highlights: sleep score of 80 and 8% tossing and turning (free premium is so useful). Weigh in day today - not happy but transit delays inflate weight. I have absolutely no use whatsoever for a BMI of 22.8 - do help yourselves to the glut. Take care, never apologise or admit guilt and be assured smirking is no longer bad for you - it is positively encouraged.

Thank you @ianpspurs
Takes the edge of last night's disappointment.
Well played Real.

And all that was missing was a cheeky wink at the end.
Smirking, so much a part of being honourable, these days .
But nice to have traditions for the next gen of politicians to aspire to.:rolleyes:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ianpspurs
Takes the edge of last night's disappointment.
Well played Real.

And all that was missing was a cheeky wink at the end.
Smirking, so much a part of being honourable, these days .
But nice to have traditions for the next gen of politicians to aspire to.:rolleyes:
Just to take the shine off, Truss is 4-1 to be the next roaring success. Never did our May Days seem so good, so good, so good, bmm, bmm, bmm.

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So frustrating when mind and body are light years apart and on different memos. Enjoy your lunch/dinner, it’s not nil by mouth. Always a joy to be in charge of the remote. Each step and all that.
Cheers @dunelm
Different decades, more like :hilarious:
But point taken gratefully.

Repair of the bones plus the occasion, say I'll be slack on the food front.

Some hits are worth it, if we want to enjoy life..:)

Enjoy your day :headphone:

Reactions: dunelm