"What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
Expecting Em to come in this afternoon, but she hasn't turned up - I guess her mum has picked her up from school. She asked if she could come for a sleepover tonight, so I expect to see her then. She is in caring mode at present and knowing that I have been feeling stiff and sore the last few days, she insists on "looking after" me. When she left yesterday she ordered me (literally) to call her if I'm feeling unwell, so she can come and take care of me. Sweet child.
Wow! What a lovely granddaughter you have! I want to have the same one in the future

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow! What a lovely granddaughter you have! I want to have the same one in the future

Actually, she hadn't turned up because she was sent home from school because she was too tired - that's the second time in the last week and seems to be an after-effect from the covid she had a short time ago. She wasn't too ill with the disease itself but doesn't seem to be throwing it off. Her dad is the same - he came in from his post round today looking awful and almost fell asleep in the chair.

So she went home and had a sleep and will come to me tonight for her sleepover. She can stay in bed as long as she likes in the morning. In the last few weeks when she has been here she has slept until about noon, so she can do the same thing tonight.

Reactions: maglil55 and MommaE

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Expecting Em to come in this afternoon, but she hasn't turned up - I guess her mum has picked her up from school. She asked if she could come for a sleepover tonight, so I expect to see her then. She is in caring mode at present and knowing that I have been feeling stiff and sore the last few days, she insists on "looking after" me. When she left yesterday she ordered me (literally) to call her if I'm feeling unwell, so she can come and take care of me. Sweet child.
Em sounds a great wee star that really brightens up your life. Yous are so lucky to have one another. If I am ever lucky enough to have grandchildren I hope to get one just like her - she seems so caring towards her granny xx

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Em sounds a great wee star that really brightens up your life. Yous are so lucky to have one another. If I am every lucky enough to have grandchildren I hope to get one just like her - she seems so caring towards her granny xx

We've just finished playing card games - first game of cards I've had in many years. She very magnanimous in defeat, congratulating me for being such a good card player. She asked for an ice cream for her supper, so she's currently eating it and will then get ready for bed. She has also scolded me for saying I'm OK when I say "ouch" on changing my position. I'm not to claim to be OK, it seems. She says her dad says the same thing when he is obviously hurting. I said it was a man thing, but she says it can't be when I do it as well. Does Neil do it, she wanted to know. Well - no, but he won't accept any help, even if he is hurting.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb I say more thn "ouch".

Some friends .came around with a box of veggies they picked up at a farmers market on their way home grom busst trip.Rtey bought me a present of a list nick names I coule add quite a few more names to the list with some others that i have come come acroos such as Yapyap, and Havachat for the ones that stop talking..

I sencored it so it does not offend any one.

s7AeObn.jpg

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
When I mixed vodka with pepper to lower my temperature, I wondered if there are strange methods of traditional medicine for the treatment of colds (or other diseases) in your countries?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Annb I say more thn "ouch".

Some friends .came around with a box of veggies they picked up at a farmers market on their way home grom busst trip.Rtey bought me a present of a list nick names I coule add quite a few more names to the list with some others that i have come come acroos such as Yapyap, and Havachat for the ones that stop talking..

I sencored it so it does not offend any one.

s7AeObn.jpg
One of the more polite ones from my Hubby's work was The Everleys for 2 who worked together (there names were Phil & Don). I had a senior sales manager in my work that they called The Olympic Torch (he never went out!).

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My partner took my three day stool sample tests down to the pathology lab yesterday, so will hear from my GP or Oncology unit sometime his week. On what they are going to do, I have a idea that there is something else going on in there now as it's a different sort of feeling.

I have not lost any more weight as I seemed to have bottomed out at 63.5 kgs, although I was 64.6 this morning. I am now roughly half the weight I was when I was admitted to hospital two years ago with Afib and associated conditions, plus the fluid retention in my legs.

Although I am eating a bit more carby stuff than I should, my last months bgl is still below 6 mmol/L at 5.8.

I am not sure if there was a hba1c test done in those blood tests I had done the other day.

I am going to get the slow cooker fired up with a mixed meat and veggie whatever you want to call it stew soup casserole brew..

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Neil's just back from shopping, bringing my latest prescription. Unfortunately, there were 2 items missing - my Tresiba and my Humalog. Both of my insulins run out tomorrow! If they haven't just forgotten to take them out of the fridge, I have a problem. I'll just have to try to persuade them to let me have at least some, if not the full amount. This is the problem with a small local pharmacy - they are not very well organised and things go wrong occasionally.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
BG was a bit hap-hazard last night. It had stayed around the 15-16 mark all afternoon, after my snack of a RyVita with some ham. I'd taken a slightly smaller dose of insulin than usual, to try to eek it out a bit, but that obviously wasn't a good idea. Didn't feel like eating anything else anyway, so didn't need to use insulin before eating. However, around 9 pm I decided that I would have to take a correction dose to get it down to a reasonable level so took 50u. That has left me with exactly 60u for today - enough for one meal (should be). By 11 pm it was down to 10.9 and I went to bed.

Had a horrible night - really painful and I didn't know what to do with myself. Finally dozed off, to be wakened by my Libre at 2 am because my BG had dropped to 3.4! Had a boiled sweet and got up for a while and eventually gave in and took some pain killers and went back to bed. Didn't wake up until 7.30 when BG was still only 4.4 (that was a surprise since I thought the sweet would have put it up higher). Had a cup of tea and now it is 10.9. Can't take anything now because I have to conserve my last dose of insulin until the pharmacy opens at 10 o'clock and I can find out what is happening about my insulin.

What a pain-in-the-neck it is having to rely on insulin.

Edited to fix typo.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The assistant at the pharmacy had just forgotten to give Neil the insulin out of the fridge, so it was there waiting when he went back for it. So I took my last 60u and had a piece of toast and some cold ham for breakfast. Would have just made it bacon and egg as usual but my 2 favourite frying pans were still in the dish-washer, so I didn't bother. There are lots of other frying pans, but none of them is really any good on the electric hob I am using now - that's because the hob itself isn't able to be controlled very well. Had to take a second lot of pain-killers and I'm just about able to move around now - with some difficulty.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my Ultrasound scan this morning so nothing to eat and only water or black tea to drink from 6 am. Unfortunately, after another really awful night, I took more pain killers around 3 am and fell asleep again until after 7 am. So was obliged to have nothing until we got back from hospital, town and shopping. Not a problem anyway but I couldn't walk at all and Neil had to get me in for my appointment in the wheelchair - right up to the examination trolley. That's a first! Usually I can manage a few steps from the wheelchair to the examination room, but not today. Legs have been getting worse and worse over the last few days. At least the scan showed no further deterioration of my liver.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
No deterioration is getting to be the song of the day - no deterioration in my liver, no deterioration in my HBa1c, weight no better, but no worse than it has been for the last month or so. No too displeased with that.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
What a thoughtful son I have! I broke part of my old Magimix food processor a week or so back and discovered that parts were no longer available (I think I bought it in 1988, so no surprise). I looked around for a solution, but couldn't find one and a new one is beyond my reach these days. Today Neil came in with a birthday present for me - about six weeks early, but he wanted to check that it was the right one - not a new processor but the parts that Magimix made to replace the model that I had. He'd investigated and found online that these parts were meant to replace the ones from my old one. So I now have a working food processor again! Hurrah - makes life much easier.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just discovered that a lady - just a month younger than me - was told today that she is diabetic. She had a bg of 22 at her GP surgery and was then checked for a fasting reading and it was 15. She says she has no symptoms but the blood test revealed it. I've only met her once but we have spoken often on Zoom. I will suggest that she joins this forum and thread to get some information and some ideas. The nurse at her practice told her to ditch the croissants she had just bought and buy oatcakes instead, which she did but isn't very happy about it. She is hoping that replacing flour products with oats will make all the difference. I suggested that she might be disappointed in that but to try it anyway. We will have a chance to have a chat soon, once she has got over the shock. I did try to persuade her not to panic but to find out as much as she can about the condition - knowledge can help to calm fears. And if she will join the forum, I'm sure she will be reassured. It seems that her practice nurse told her that only T1's need insulin but as T2 she won't. I corrected her on that but did tell her that most people I know with T2 do not need insulin, but some, like me, and my DIL, do.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
On Monday afternoon I have an appointment to have an ABPI test and now have been given an appointment with physiotherapy at 8 am on the same day. That's going to be hard going - twice to town in one day, even if I don't have to walk very much. Still, what must be, must ... I'm lucky to be getting an appointment at all.

Edited to fix typo.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Seeing as this forum has answered so many important questions for me in the past five years I thought to see if you can help me out with my current biggest dilemma (forget about diabetes, I'm not doing diabetes today, it's not behaving, and this is general chat anyway).

We started painting my bedstee today. First picture is from a couple years back, to give you an idea of what it looks like when it's an actual bed, pictures below are how it looks today, both as viewed from the living room and inside my 'bedroom'.

Top part is the sky, darker blue part below is the see, underwater (fishes and plants and such will be added later), white band in the middle will be a darkish grey green, to be the sea as if you look at it when you stick your head out of the water (mainly added as an excuse to be able to paint little sailing boats in it), and the white part at the bottom will be the bottom of the sea.

Now should I make it a greyish rock bottom or a yellowish sand bottom? Or a combination somehow?

10174890_1399750240299415_1514505857_n.jpg

290322891_10225757819006544_7359936741557823027_n.jpg

290137500_10225757817526507_7191202422334039002_n.jpg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Seeing as this forum has answered so many important questions for me in the past five years I thought to see if you can help me out with my current biggest dilemma (forget about diabetes, I'm not doing diabetes today, it's not behaving, and this is general chat anyway).

We started painting my bedstee today. First picture is from a couple years back, to give you an idea of what it looks like when it's an actual bed, pictures below are how it looks today, both as viewed from the living room and inside my 'bedroom'.

Top part is the sky, darker blue part below is the see, underwater (fishes and plants and such will be added later), white band in the middle will be a darkish grey green, to be the sea as if you look at it when you stick your head out of the water (mainly added as an excuse to be able to paint little sailing boats in it), and the white part at the bottom will be the bottom of the sea.

Now should I make it a greyish rock bottom or a yellowish sand bottom? Or a combination somehow?

10174890_1399750240299415_1514505857_n.jpg
Per

290322891_10225757819006544_7359936741557823027_n.jpg

290137500_10225757817526507_7191202422334039002_n.jpg
Personally I’d go for some yellow like sand and sun.its one of my favourite colours and a happy smiley colour too to go with the lovely blue. Hope painting goes well look forward to seeing final result.