Circulation Booster

MagpieMike

Hi all
Has anybody purchased A 'Circulation Booster', AKA 'Electro Reflexologist ER839S'
These devices retail at about £199 (inc VAT, which I understand can be reclaimed by diabetes sufferers)
The device claims to alleviate poor circulation in feet and legs and, 'Claudication (dull cramping pain in the calf muscle – usually flares up when walking or stranding)

• Swollen feet or ankles (oedema)

• Neuropathy (numbness)'
As I may be interested in purchasing one of these, I'd love to hear both pro's and con's from users.
Thanks

:)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Couldn't afford that. I'm a pensioner, but I improve my circulation by walking everywhere. If I go further, I still walk to the bus stop.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
According to Bernstein Neuropathy isn't irreversible with tight BG control. It probably is with the "eat plenty of complex carbohydrate" mentality.
My own Gp is at last coming round to the idea that T2 does not HAVE TO BE progressive. It's described as such, but there is plenty of evidence that it depends on the BG control.

Trinkwasser

hanadr said:
According to Bernstein Neuropathy isn't irreversible with tight BG control. It probably is with the "eat plenty of complex carbohydrate" mentality.
My own Gp is at last coming round to the idea that T2 does not HAVE TO BE progressive. It's described as such, but there is plenty of evidence that it depends on the BG control.

Agreed, you may not be able to reverse pancreatic damage but you can make the insulin go further by working on the insulin resistance, and there's plenty of anecdotal evidence of reversal or at least diminution of other damage with tight control. The radical improvement in lipids and BP and probably inflammation also spreads on out into numerous systems.

Kasie

rather than buy equipment try a natural supplement; I use hemoxide II which uses nitric oxide derived from l-arginine. It reduces my numbness and there is a lot of research already done on this.
K

Horwendil

Hi Mike, last year (before I became type 2 this year) I had leg ulcers (I've had them on and off for several years) and alongside bandaging the ulcer clinic gave me a device which was a zip-up inflatable below knee boot with an electric pump and control unit. I used this once or twice a day fro twenty minutes, the purpose of it was to boost the circulation around the lower leg and I must say that there was a marked improvement in the healing rate. If it's the same thing then I would happily get one, as I have the remnents of last year still healing, but without the need to attend the ulcer clinic - just self dressing, as I am sure it would speed these last bits up. just ahd a look at the one you mention and it's not the same, unfortunately ..... :(

MagpieMike

Thanks Horwendil for your contribution. I regret not responding earlier, as I had not checked, believing that the thread had ended. I did not take up my son's offer to buy me a Circulation Booster as I did not really get any positive rating from anyone who actually had used one.Interestingly, I have noticed that the device is being heavily advertised on TV at the moment. So perhaps someone may soon be able to report on its effectiveness one way or the other!!
Anyway thanks again for your comments, and I wish you well.

Regards

Mike

gbswales

circulation boosters

i have recently seen advertising for electronic circulation boosters which are supposed to help diabetic food conditions such as numbness by improving circulation. They are not cheap and I wonder has anyone an opinion about whether such things have any significant benefit

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi gbswales.

I have merged your post with a previous topic about these things. There was also another topic about them but I can't seem to find it. The general consensus is that they are not of much use and expensive. Not really providing any real benefit. However if you do a google search you should be able to read all about the Pro's and Con's of such items and make your own mind up.

Ken.

gbswales

clearly the site search let me down as I did a search for this before posting a new topic. Thanks for sorting it and for saving me £199! Though with an athritic ankle (from haemophilia) which is getting close to fusing - walking a lot is not an option and rotating the food as described would be a nice dream!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.

MagpieMike

Hi all!
I posted to this forum a few months ago enquiring as to whether anyone had experienced the Circulation Booster, as my son had offered to buy me one. As I did not get a definitive response, we decided against the purchase at that time. However, about 3 weeks ago, and after a demonstration and trial at our local supplier here in Reading, decided to purchase (VAT Free). It has really improved the circulation in my legs, and find the other pains in my legs greatly reduced. I cannot comment on the cheaper version, as I have had no experience of it. Think I'll have a session now too!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
There are more than one type of these Circulation Boosters so the post by 'circulationbooster' is not clear as to which it refers to.

OTO ER 839S Foot Massager by Sasaki is registered as a class 2A medical device in the EU.

DazG

Circulation Booster?

I had one recently for my birthday, and am now just using it for the first time, feels a bit odd to be honest, are they worth having for the feet, and do they help us diabetics in any specific way?

martinchebe

I have some concerns and am not sure if this product can be trusted. There is an adjudication by the ASA, ruling that the claims for this product could not be substantiated.

This proves to me once and for all that these products do not work.

If you want to read it for yourself the link is http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adjudications/2011/6/High-Tech-Health-Ltd/TF_ADJ_50690.aspx.

johncolt

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all
Has anybody purchased A 'Circulation Booster', AKA 'Electro Reflexologist ER839S'
These devices retail at about £199 (inc VAT, which I understand can be reclaimed by diabetes sufferers)
The device claims to alleviate poor circulation in feet and legs and, 'Claudication (dull cramping pain in the calf muscle – usually flares up when walking or stranding)

• Swollen feet or ankles (oedema)

• Neuropathy (numbness)'
As I may be interested in purchasing one of these, I'd love to hear both pro's and con's from users.
Thanks

:)

Hi guys

I am thinking of buying this product for my mother and this is why I am reviving this very old thread. Has anyone here tried it? I would really like to hear some hands-on stories.. And any idea why is it so expensive? Maybe you know of a cheaper alternative? While searching for circulation booster I also came across a product with a similar name. From what I get they are the same expect the latter has independent foot pedals for even better circulation..

If you know any alternatives please let me know or pm me cause they are both pretty expensive!

Thanks!

BlueTwist

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
My dad bought one last year after problems with circulation and ulcers. It really improved his health.