Full Fat Greek Yogurt

Grace04

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, could any recommend a FF Greek yogurt and where to buy it? I‘m having trouble sourcing any but zero or reduced fat.

Thank you :)

Reactions: malcs90

Grace04

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I buy Fage Greek yogurt, I get it from Tesco but have bought it in Morrisons too.
Thank you. Do you buy this one? I can’t find one that says it’s full fat.

Fage Total 5% Fat Greek​

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get the Fage Total 5% Greek yogurt, it’s one of the lowest carbs you can get :)

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I buy Fage total or Ocado's own. if you can't find those then some of the 'Greek style' ones are OK, just check the carbs.

Reactions: Grace04

Grace04

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I get the Fage Total 5% Greek yogurt, it’s one of the lowest carbs you can get :)
Thank you. That’s to one I’ve been buying but wasn’t sure the fat content was high enough. I’m trying to stop my weight dropping any further.

Reactions: MissMuffett

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. Do you buy this one? I can’t find one that says it’s full fat.

Fage Total 5% Fat Greek​

Yes that’s the one I buy, it’s my preferred taste out of all the Greek yogurts, if you are using it for desserts and want to up the fat a little bit add a bit of double cream if using it for dressings or dips add a bit of mayo to up the fats if you need to.

Dairy is a funny thing for me, it stalls or I gain regarding weight if I have too much so I do limit my dairy intake a bit and get more of my fats oils, animal fats etc, maybe upping your dairy in general could help with maintaining your weight. I don’t know it’s just an idea from my personal experience:)

Grace04

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes that’s the one I buy, it’s my preferred taste out of all the Greek yogurts, if you are using it for desserts and want to up the fat a little bit add a bit of double cream if using it for dressings or dips add a bit of mayo to up the fats if you need to.

Dairy is a funny thing for me, it stalls or I gain regarding weight if I have too much so I do limit my dairy intake a bit and get more of my fats oils, animal fats etc, maybe upping your dairy in general could help with maintaining your weight. I don’t know it’s just an idea from my personal experience:)
Thank you for that. Overall I’ve probably lost around 10 kilo. I’m okay about that but I really don’t want to lose any mor. A bit more dairy might be the way to go.

CatsFive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, could any recommend a FF Greek yogurt and where to buy it? I‘m having trouble sourcing any but zero or reduced fat.

I buy Asda's own brand. Most supermarkets have their own version.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Full fat in yoghurt terms is anything over 5% fat.
Lidl do (or used to) a creamy one which has added cream which came in nearer 10%.
Always check the nutritional info on the back though as each batch of each brand cand vary
"Greek" has to be made in Greece
"Greek style" can come from anywhere and is cheaper

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I don't like yoghurt except in cooking but the Powers That Be rate Sainsbury's FF Greek yoghurt, although Lidl's will do. Aldi's is described as "gritty".

Grace04

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Full fat in yoghurt terms is anything over 5% fat.
Lidl do (or used to) a creamy one which has added cream which came in nearer 10%.
Always check the nutritional info on the back though as each batch of each brand cand vary
"Greek" has to be made in Greece
"Greek style" can come from anywhere and is cheaper
Aaah thank you. I had no idea that 5% was the one to go for. It is the one I’ve been eating thoug, the Fage, so that’s good.