Lemon Torte

For the base:
3 cups ground almonds
1 to 2 tablespoons fibre husks or freshly ground flax seed
1 egg
50 g butter, cubed
sweetener of your choice
good pinch of salt

Mix all ingredients together really well, it will be quite sticky, dont worry about it. Grease a spring form tin and press mixture into the base and sides fo the tin, use for fingers for that. Place the tin in the fridge for an hour, then preheat your oven to 180C, bake the base for 5 minutes.

Lemon Filling

6 eggs

200 ml double cream

sweetener of your choice, taste the mixture, depends on the sweetness you want

3 organic lemons, juice and finely grated zest

Leave to cool before slicing, serve it with berries and whipped cream.

http://lchf-bloggen.blogspot.co.uk/2012 ... nterte.htm
The photos show the 'pastry' as being too dark, thats because the lovely Freda forgot to remove the base from the oven, so it got a little bit too brown, it didnt affect the taste though.

Anyway its a really delicious, zesty, refreshing tart - Happy Easter - Judith x x

WhitbyJet

Banana loaf

Banana loaf

60g Melted Butter
3 Eggs
1 tbsp Banana essence (you can buy this from Asian shops or online)
1 Tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter
1 Mashed Banana
1 tbsp of rum (optional)
Beat all together, then add dry ingredients, and beat again

1 & ½ Cups Almond Meal
¼ Cup Xylitol or equivalent sweetener of your choice
1/3 Cup Coconut
2 Tsp Baking Powder

Bake at 170degrees for about 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out
clean.
1 cup = 250ml

This is lovely and comforting served slightly warm with cream or low carb custard or just with a cuppa.
I had a slice with my coconut coffee YUM!!

http://www.lowcarbcooking.co.nz/forum/v ... ?f=4&t=833

Signs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Recipe for veggie burger?

Anyone have a recipe or sensible low carb ingredients for veggie burgers please?

so far I've got
cauliflower
onion
pepper

eggs
wheat bran to bind (just found out to use this yesterday, works great)

herbs and seasoning to taste
worcester sauce?

Not sure if brocolli will work. Like some more suggestions for ingredients or a recipe please

Thanks, John

WhitbyJet

Make low carb burger buns using the recipe for white bread from the NZ website,sprinkle with sesame seed before baking.
Then make us your burgers using any of the low carb vegetables you like, mushrooms spinach cauliflower broccoli peppers swede celeriac onions. Sautee vegetables in butter leave to cool then season with salt pepper or lemon pepper bit of horseradish is nice or wasabi.
Stir in grated parmesan or other cheese shape into burgers and grill fry or bake until golden and assemble burger any way you like with mayo dressing more cheese whatever.

Signs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for that Whitby. You can tell I'm abit of an amatuer in the kitchen but I try!
I was going to have them on toasted Burgen but buns sounds even better - can you post alink to the NZ site please?
Also, when I've make tuna burgers I haven't pre cooked the onion so I'll try that next time.
Cheers, John

SweetHeart

Low Carb Meringue Recipe

I haven't made these yet, but this recipe came from an Australian low carb forum member who makes perfect meringues with a mix of Stevia and Erythritol.

Low Carb Meringue

(using my food processor that has a egg white whisk)

4 large egg whites or 5 small
1/2 tsp Cream Of Tartar
1/3 cup erythritol
1/8 tsp Stevia
1 tsp Vinegar
2 tsp Cornflour
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
pinch of salt

Beats egg whites with C of T til stiff. Add sweeteners slowly til glossy, approx 8 minutes. Add salt,cornflour,vanilla and vinegar untill just combined. Spoon onto greased baking paper into 6 mounds, flatten slightly. Bake at 120 C for 2 hours then cool in oven to dry out.

Lovely crisp shell outside, soft meringue inside (not marshmallow), good sweet flavor no bitterness from the stevia.

WhitbyJet

Ok you can make either of these into tone really lovely burger buns, sprinkle with sesame or other seeds before baking.
Of course 2slices of Burgen will do as well if you can handle the carbs.
http://lowcarbeating.com/low-carb-cooki ... ave-bread/

or

http://www.lowcarbcooking.co.nz/index.p ... &Itemid=56
Re the burgers its best if you sautee vegetables first. Create any mix of vegetables you like, experiment. Assemble your burger with mayo dressing pickle or anything you like.
Oh one moore thing re flax seed its always best to use freshly ground. Some ready ground flax seed has a fishy taste to it.

claymic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday I had a lovely dinner

I baked in the oven a smoked haddock portion in garlic butter.

Then I took some cauliflower (faux rice type) put it in a frying pan with some olive oil, tumeric, chilli powder; chestnut mushrooms and reduced fat creme fraiche.

Then served the creamy cauliflower with the haddock on top!

way yummy!! and as per my calculations it was only 13g carb :)

SweetHeart

A Delicious Tip for the Rich chocolate Mousse Recipe

Freeze it! It makes terrific chocolate ice cream. As it's already whipped and fluffy, you don't need to stir it. When I froze some last week, it didn't even get ice crystals in it.

Defren

Cheeseburger pie

Ingredients:
500g minced beef
50g finely chopped onion
150g chopped mushrooms
100mls double cream
2 heaped tablespoons of mayo
150g strong cheddar grated
3 eggs
salt & pepper to taste

Fry mince, onion and mushrooms together until cooked season to taste, drain off fat, add Lee & Perrins sauce.
Place in a greased foil covered deep pie dish, flatten with spoon.
Beat eggs add mayo, cream and cheese.
Pour over the top of mince, drop olives around the dish and bake in oven Gas mark 5 for 20 to 25 mins until set and golden brown.
Leave to cool before taking out of pie dish, remove foil.
Cut in to portions and wrap in cling film
This freezes very well.
Lovely with salad, cauli mash, or stir fry (Great in lunchboxes)

Optional 1 Tablespoon Lea & Perrins 2c and 10 black olives

Total carbs 9g. Serves 4

About 8carbs for whole recipe.

Salmon & Prawn with Courgette Tagliatelle

Ingredients:

200g Salmon
100g Prawns
Couple of knobs of butter
100g Mascarpone
100ml cream
200g Courgettes

Put a couple of knobs of butter on the salmon, wrap in foil and cook in the oven. 180ºC for 25 mins.
Put Mascarpone and cream in a pan and heat gently. I used milk and it was just the right consistency, so if using cream it may be better to thin down. Add prawns to liquid and simmer.
Using a potato peeler, ‘peel’ the courgette into ribbons. Melt some more butter in a frying pan, add the courgettes and fry.
When salmon is cooked, break into pieces and add to pan containing prawns. Give a good stir to mix salmon and prawns.
Pour sauce over courgettes in pan, give a good stir. Transfer to plate. I added loads of black pepper and it was gorgeous.

ICE CREAM

Ingredients:

5 egg yolks
3 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp Splenda*
¼ cup water
2 cup heavy cream

Preparation:
Blend egg york, vanilla extract, Splenda and water at medium speed for about 30 seconds. Later place whipped cream into mixture and Freeze for 2 hours.

Yield: Per Serving 3.2 carbs.

CINNAMON MERINGUES

Ingredients:

2 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
dash of salt
1/2 cup Splenda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract

Preparation:
In a medium bowl, combine egg whites with cream of tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in cinnamon, vanilla and almond extracts Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes.

Yield: Per Serving 1.4 carbs.

DEEP DISH PIZZA

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 ounce (I used the kind in a can)
1/4 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup pizza sauce
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Assorted toppings: pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc.
Dash of garlic pepper or garlic powder and some Italian seasoning for top of pizza

In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in eggs until mixture is well-blended and smooth. Add the parmesan and seasonings, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened. Spread cheese mixture evenly in a well-greased 9x13" glass baking dish or lightly greased and lined with parchment paper (see note below). Bake at 375º 20-25 minutes or until evenly browned, but not too dark. Let cool completely on a wire rack. When nearly cooled, take a metal spatula and carefully pry up the edges to loosen from pan. Ease the spatula under the whole crust to loosen. Keep crust in the pan. This makes it easier to remove the finished pizza later. Refrigerate, uncovered, until shortly before serving time.

Spread chilled crust with pizza sauce, then cheese and toppings of your choice. Lightly sprinkle with seasonings of your choice. Bake at 375º about 15-20 minutes or until toppings are bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before cutting.

Makes 8 servings

Per Serving: 304 Calories; 25g Fat; 17g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

Lamb in Palava Sauce (serves "4" (i.e. 2!))

1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
1 inch piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 onion, half roughly chopped and half sliced
1 tbsp tomato puree
400g can of tomatoes
6 tbsp palm oil or vegetable oil
500g lean lamb, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/2 pint lamb, chicken or veg stock
200g fresh spinach leaves, roughly shredded
2 eggs, beaten

1. Blitz the chilli, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, tomato puree and tomatoes in a food processor until chopped together to make a sauce.

2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the sliced onion for 2 minutes. Add the lamb and stir fry over a highish heat for 6-7 mins until starting to brown. Pour the tomato sauce over the lamb and bubble rapidly for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the stock and add seasoning to taste. Cover and simmer gently for 40-50 mins, stirring occasionally, until the lamb is tender and the sauce has thickened (it says - although I found I had to take the lid off and turn the heat up for the last 10 mins or so to reduce the liquid, or it would have been soup!)

3. Stir in the spinach so that it wilts, then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Drizzle in the egg and continue to simmer for 2 minute until just set. (I didn't put the egg in because the OH isn't keen, but if anyone makes this I'd be interested to know what happens to the egg!)

Makhni Chicken Curry Slow Cooker (Crock Pot) Recipe

Makhni (Buttery) skinless bone-less chicken breast is made with butter, cream and yogurt

Ingredients

1. Cooking oil: ¼ Cup (0.0 carbs)
2. Skinless boneless chicken breasts: 4 (0.0 carbs)
The chicken should be cut into bite size pieces.
3. Finely chopped Onion almost pureed: 100g (7.0 carbs)
4. Salt: ½ teaspoon (0.0 carbs)
5. Ground Cayenne: ¼ teaspoon (0.4 carbs)
3. Minced Garlic: 1 Tablespoon (3.2 carbs)
4. Ginger Chopped: 1 Teaspoon (0.4 carbs)
5. Curry Powder: 2 Teaspoons (2.0 carbs)
6. Full fat natural Yogurt: 75g (4.9 carbs)
7. Tinned Chopped tomatoes: 200g (5.8 carbs)
8. Butter (unsalted): 2 Tablespoons (0.0 carbs)
9. Water: ¼ Cup (0.0 carbs)
9. Garam Masala: 1 teaspoon (2.0 carbs)
10. Double cream: 300ml (4.8 carbs)

Total carbs for whole recipe = 30.5g carbs

Therefore to serve to four people = 7.6g per person

Method

1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Fry chicken pieces till opaque white to light brown. Remove with slotted spoon and put in the crock pot.
3. Add Onions, salt and cayenne to hot oil in the pan. Sauté till onions are translucent and the edges start to turn brown.
4. Add garlic and ginger. Sauté another 2 minutes.
5. Add curry powder, sauté 30 second.
6. Add Yogurt, sauté till almost all the moisture from the yogurt is consumed.
7. Add Tomatoes and butter. Heat till almost bubbly. Transfer to crock pot.
8. Rinse out the pan with water and add water to the crock pot. At this point we are done with the pan.
9. Add remaining ingredients. Stir. Cover the crock pot set at high. Cook for 40 minutes.
10. Turn down cooker to low, cook for additional 5 to six hours. You may cook at high and save about two hours.

EGG AND SAUSAGE MCMUFFINS

Makes 12 muffins
(per muffin: 1g carb)

Great for on the go, make sure you use low carb sausages, you can also add sauteed mushrooms or onions to the mix.

These muffins can be frozen & reheated in the microwave.

455g sausages
12 large eggs
120ml whipping cream
120ml water
1/4tsp sea salt
170g grated cheddar

Preheat the oven to 180c. Coat a 12 muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.

Remove the sausage meat from the casings & crumble the meat into a large frying pan. Cook over a medium heat, stiring to break up the pieces, for 5 mins, or until browned. Divide meat evenly amoung the muffin cups.

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, water & salt. Pour over the sausages & top with cheese.

Bake for 20-30 mins until the eggs are cooked thru. Cool slightly & remove from the tins.

All the recipe's above, I found here: http://www.minimins.com/atkins-recipes/ ... cipes.html There are loads more, but I only added the ones that had a carb count. They are all Atkins friendly.

claymic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I had another lovely dinner tonight - I am sure there might be a similar recipy somewhere:

Dinner
Asda - Lean Beef Steak Mince, 171 g
Cauliflower - Raw, 101 g
Flora - Cuisine*, 15 ml
Sainsbury's - Chopped Tomatoes With Herbs, 230g
Courgette - Courgette, 93 g
Asda - Reduced Fat Creme Fraiche, 140 ml

I made like a vegetable lasagne out of it:

I fried off the mince in garlic, oil, tumeric and chilli
Microwaved the "riced" cauliflower for about 5 mins and then added to mince
Added the tomatoes

then peeled the courgette with a potato peeler
and then assembled all together putting courgette, mince and then creme fraiche

in the oven for about 30 mins and it turned out really really yummy!

bit watery i think due to the creme fraiche - any ideas what i could do about that?

Clay x

WhitbyJet

clay, that sounds yummy. Its not the creme fraiche that caused excess liquid, its the courgette, you could make your ribbons, then place between some kitchen paper towels or tea towels to absorb excess liquid, you would need to leave them for about 2 hours or so if you want to use courgettes as pasta substitute. They are very nice done this way.
Here is a recipe
http://www.tableformoreblog.com/2012/03 ... ecipe.html

All the best x x

sarahyoung75

I recommend you the following low carb recipes...
Chicken Corden Bleu
NY chicken
Seattle Salmon
Try one of these they are quite healthy and delicious too.

maggie2

Re: Lemon Torte

WhitbyJet said:
Lemon Torte

For the base:
3 cups ground almonds
1 to 2 tablespoons fibre husks or freshly ground flax seed
1 egg
50 g butter, cubed
sweetener of your choice
good pinch of salt

Mix all ingredients together really well, it will be quite sticky, dont worry about it. Grease a spring form tin and press mixture into the base and sides fo the tin, use for fingers for that. Place the tin in the fridge for an hour, then preheat your oven to 180C, bake the base for 5 minutes.

Lemon Filling

6 eggs

200 ml double cream

sweetener of your choice, taste the mixture, depends on the sweetness you want

3 organic lemons, juice and finely grated zest

Leave to cool before slicing, serve it with berries and whipped cream.

http://lchf-bloggen.blogspot.co.uk/2012 ... nterte.htm
The photos show the 'pastry' as being too dark, thats because the lovely Freda forgot to remove the base from the oven, so it got a little bit too brown, it didnt affect the taste though.

Anyway its a really delicious, zesty, refreshing tart - Happy Easter - Judith x x

I made this yesterday and it was soooooooo delish. Have been yearning for a tarte citron and this has more than satisfied the craving.

A

Anonymous

Look what I found, a "normal people" recipe :D I know the flat breads are ut for most of us, but we can have the rest.

Spicy lamb meatballs with flatbread

Try these simple and spicy meatballs served with homemade flatbreads and cucumber raita - and only £1.50 per serving

Ingredients
For the meatballs:

500 g pack of lamb mince
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp mild curry powder
1 medium red chilli, finely chopped (you can de-seed and remove the membrane to make it less spicy)
Good pinch of salt and pepper
15 g or a small handful of coriander, chopped
Olive oil
For the flatbreads:

255 g wholemeal flour
1 tbsp Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp olive oil (extra for frying)
Pinch of salt
Water
For the raita:

½ cucumber, peeled, de-seeded and chopped into crescent shapes
250 g Greek yoghurt
Salt and pepper
Juice of 1/2 lime (you can cut the other half of the lime into wedges to serve on the side)
1 iceberg lettuce head, cut into quarters, to serve
Print recipe
Switch ingredient units
Method: How to make Spicy lamb meatballs with flatbread
Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
Mix together all of the ingredients for the meatballs in a clean bowl and then shape into small meatballs or thin sausage like shapes, if you want to make koftas.
In a large oven-proof pan, add a splash of olive oil and seal the meatballs on all sides until starting to brown. This should only take a couple of minutes.
Transfer the meatballs to the oven and cook for around 10-12 minutes, until cooked all the way through.
For the flatbreads:

Place the flour in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the yoghurt, oil and salt. Add 1 tablespoon of water and work the flour into the liquids. Add another tablespoon of water, and keep adding a tablespoon at a time until you have a firm dough.
Knead the dough for about 3-4 minutes until smooth and shape into small, flat discs.
To cook, heat a tablespoon of oil in a griddle or frying pan, then add the flatbread discs one at a time and fry for 2-3 minutes, on both sides. The flatbread is done when it has browned and puffed up. Remove to drain on some kitchen paper.
For the raita:

Mix together the yoghurt and cucumber in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Stir in a squeeze of lime juice.
To assemble:

Simply grab a flatbread, tear off a couple of lettuce leaves and place in the bottom of the flatbread. Top with a couple of meatballs and a dollop of the raita and squeeze of lime, if you like!

http://www.itv.com/food/recipes/spicy-l ... 120420food

paul_melb

I'm not a cook but I managed this one....quite tasty for breakfast

Pesto, Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Omelet

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pesto sauce -- warmed
2 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese -- 60gr
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed -- diced

Prepare omelet. Before folding, spread with pesto sauce, sprinkle with cheese and sun dried tomatoes. Fold and serve.

sdgray22

Dislikes
Loud Music, Confrontations, blood and gore on the TV
Coconut Curry

There are many coconut curry recipes but this one has been achieved by my trial and error with ingredients. It is mild and creamy not hot and because of the fat content use only for a treat once in a while!. does two servings. We had it tonight and it was delicious.

1 tablespoon of creamed coconut
1 teaspoon of fresh chopped chilli or chopped chilli in marinade from a jar (not dried)
1 teaspoon of chopped ginger fresh or from a jar in marinade (not dried)
1 clove garlic crushed (optional)
half teaspoon of ground cumin
half teaspoon of ground coriander
one tablespoon of seseme seeds
cooked chicken cut into 1" pieces (I use three chicken breasts which does two people).
1 onion (white not red, shallots are good too use equivelent of one white onion) finely chopped
1 tablespoon of whatever cooking oil you use.
half a teaspoon of tamarind paste
1 tablespoon of creamed coconut

Make a paste with 1 tablespoon creamed coconut, 1 teaspoon of chopped chilli (leave seeds in to make it slightly hotter if you want), 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger, 1 clove of garlic (optional, use if you like garlic), half teaspoon of ground cumin, half teaspoon of ground coriander, add just a dash of water for moisture and cream together until you have a rough paste.
Fry your chopped onion in the oil (i use a wok but a deep frypan would do) until soft. Add paste and fry with onion for couple of minutes to release spices. Add chicken and sprinkle on seseme seeds. Stir to mix thoroughly then add coconut milk stir again. leave to simmer for 5 minutes or so until chicken and sauce is piping hot. Mix together half teaspoon of tamarind paste and 1 tablespoon of creamed coconut, add this to the curry and stir until dissolved (about a couple of minutes).
Curry is ready to serve. I serve it with half a cup of cooked basmati rice and a small piece of naan, but you use whatever you can cope with rice, naan, chipatti would all be good.

Carbohydrate depending on what brand of coconut milk you use but about 4g per 100ml and coconut meat about 4g per ounce. The bad part of this recipe is coconut milk is high in saturated fat and high in calories so if you are trying to lose weight this is not the best curry for you.

Defren

A friend sent me some recipes and said it was fine I shared them, so here they are. She is in the US so may need a little modifying.

Oopsie Coffee Crumb Cake

Oopsie batter:
6 eggs, separated
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar equivalent substitute
1/4 cup protein powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp cinnamon

Crumb topping:
1 1/2 cups finely ground almond flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar equivalent substitute
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) cold butter, cubed

Glaze (optional):
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tbsp sugar equivalent substitute
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp softened butter

Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.

Prepare Oopsie batter:
Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Whip the whites with the cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.

Prepare other moist ingredients:
Beat the egg yolks with cream cheese, substitute sweetener, protein powder, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Fold this mixture with the eggs whites gently as not to deflate the whites.

Spoon mixture in an 8 inch square baking dish lined with parchment paper. You can also use an 8 inch spring form pan, generously greased with butter. Set aside.

Prepare the crumb topping:
Place almond flour, brown sugar substitute, cinnamon and butter in a bowl and combine with your fingers (or a fork or pastry cutter) until well combined. It won’t be crumbly, but it will hold together. Add half of the crumb topping to the Oopsie batter evenly (it may sink to the bottom).

About half way through baking the cake, remove cake and add the remaining topping. Continue baking. While the cake should bake for 40-50 minutes, Diana says to be sure to start testing the batter after 30 minutes with a toothpick to test for doneness (a clean toothpick), as some ovens cook hotter than others.

To prepare the glaze:
Combine heavy cream, sweetener and cinnamon in a heat-proof measuring cup. Heat in microwave or small sauce pan until sweetener has dissolved. Mix well, adding butter and mix again. You can whip this to make it thicker when it’s well chilled. Drizzle glaze on semi cooled crumb cake. Keep refrigerated.

This cake is best served the next day, even though it may be hard to resist. It gives the ingredients time to come together.

Servings: 9

Nutritional information for 1/9th of the recipe without glaze: Calories: 330, Carbohydrates: 6g, Fiber: 2g, Net Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 12.2g, Fat: 29.8g
Nutritional information for 1/9th of the recipe with glaze: Calories: 394, Carbohydrates: 6g, Fiber: 2g, Net Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 12.3g, Fat: 36.9g

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You Won’t Believe it’s Cauliflower Pizza Crust
1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower*
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley
**pizza or alfredo sauce
toppings (make sure meats are cooked)
mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.
Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.
Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).
Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.
Place under a broiler (grill for the Europeans) at high heat just until cheese is melted **.

Notes:
*I use frozen cauliflower prepared according to package directions. After cooked and slightly cooled, I shred cauliflower with a cheese grater, and then measure for the recipe. (Don’t pack down the cup with cauliflower. Just fill it with a spoon or the cup itself.)
** The pizza sauce I use is Great Value Pizza sauce from Wal-Mart. At only 3 net carbs per quarter cup, you get a lot of punch for little carbohydrate pow.
*** You can try re-baking the pizza at 450 once you add toppings if desired, but the crust is not quite as crusty. There is a minimal difference, so see what works best for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flapjack recipe -

- 100g golden linseed, ground
- 75 g melted butter
- 3-4 tblsp no carb maple syrup
- big dollop ginger and cinnamon

Mix all together place in fridge to cool. Can be used as a cheesecake base.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Low Carb Snickerdoodles

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

In a mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on
medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
Add about half the flour, the 1 cup Splenda, the egg, vanilla, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
Beat until thoroughly combined.
Beat in the remaining flour.
Cover and chill for 1 hour.
Combine the 2 tablespoons Splenda and the cinnamon in a small bowl.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls (should make about 30 balls).
Roll balls in the Splenda-cinnamon mix and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes.

Defren

Another from my friend in the US.

Rich Sugar-Free Refrigerator Fudge

16 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
Sweetener equal to 1 & 1/2 cups sugar. Try one of these:
1& 1/2 tsp liquid stevia, OR
1 tsp liquid stevia and 12 packets stevia/erythritol blend, OR
your favorite!
5 – 6 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
(optional) Another half-ounce of baking chocolate, melted, for garnish

Directions

Use the biggest mixing bowl you’ve got: cream cheese flies all over the place when you take a mixer to it!
Put the cream cheese in the bowl and beat until fluffy. (If some of it climbs the sides of the bowl, stop and scrape it down with a spoon or rubber spatula.)
Stir in the sweetener, then mix well.
Add the 5 – 6 ounces of melted chocolate. Stir, then mix until well blended. You will need to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl a few times to get everything mixed in.
Spread the batter in a loaf pan or a large plastic storage container. (Using metal can help the fudge harden faster.) Cover and place in the refrigerator for 3 – 4 hours, or until hardened.
Cut into 16 – 32 pieces, and drizzle with more melted chocolate if desired.
Store in refrigerator.

Yield: 16 – 32 pieces of fudge.

Nutritional Information: For the 5 ounces of chocolate version, each of 32 pieces contains approximately 1.7 g carbohydrates, 0.7 g fiber, 1.0 g net carbs, 1.6 g protein, 7.2 g fat, and 71 calories.